Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hulls releasing a new super duper ultra light speed fast 12gauge. Cartridge, it has  2g of lead,  shot size starts at 16 all the way up to microscopic. £199 per thousand, great for those close range shots 2 ft off the end of your barrels (this will become the norm, making it possible for us to shoot indoors and in the garden/shed/greenhouse etc)  😂 available soon. 
Good put me down  for 10,000 .😋

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been told by another gun shop, express cartridges are going up yet again in price from Monday.

Fiocchi Fblues £58 a slab that's with the latest price hike,I'll stick with them and stuff the rest 😏

Fiocchi Fblues £58 a slab that's with the latest price hike,I'll stick with them and stuff the rest 😏
I'm now paying £230 a thousand and they're a decent shell for the price. They were previously £211.

Shame they don't do them in fibre. I rate them over the TT one.

PM.

I'm now paying £230 a thousand and they're a decent shell for the price. They were previously £211.

Shame they don't do them in fibre. I rate them over the TT one.

PM.
Yes that's the one thing that's a minus, only a couple of grounds I use are fibre only though, at the moment that is

Unless he was on beaters day and thought "I'm not going to use 250 so 125 will be more than enough"
The original post said he wanted 250, my post was a generalisation really that cartridges are a fairly cheap element of an average game day but people bulk at the cost

The original post said he wanted 250, my post was a generalisation really that cartridges are a fairly cheap element of an average game day but people bulk at the cost
You are quite correct cartridges are a miniscule element of a game day however... it was me and I was on a beaters day!.

I mentioned many posts ago, watch this space for a new budget line of cartridges coming to market soon. 
TK421 care to expand on this please? What information can you give without giving the game away if you are in a sensitive position regarding this?

A fiocchi cartridge price increase at sporting targets looks like from 9-30%

Super black up from £255/1k to £335/1k 😮 wtf

I have just seen Fiocchi Super Black 24g at £269 and 28g  at £285/1000 at Claverdon Cartridges today.

A fiocchi cartridge price increase at sporting targets looks like from 9-30%

Super black up from £255/1k to £335/1k 😮 wtf
I'm seriously hoping that they've made a typo on their system. £335/thousand is nuts. Just Cartridges new price for FBlu's is £254, Sporting Targets is £244.  Sporting Targets have been about tenner cheaper per thousand than Just Cartridges on most cartridges for a while.  Super Blacks at JC  are currently at £297. By that "logic" it should then put ST around £287. 

I moved on to fiocchi when prices started to rise. Right now TT1 28 gms  are my choice at £220 , they do the job fine.

My AAA mate has just abandoned Express for basic Eleys for cost reasons. So far he’s not suffering result issues. 
My lad uses the basic eley select plastic wad to great effect, £53 a slab locally, I have no issue moving to these if required, I have plenty of Eley superb left to last a while though.

Eley select, TT1, velocity plus, superfast, English sporter etc are all perfectly good enough cartridges at lower cost prices.

Until some one wins a major or world championship with them though, there will always be people that believes they need top end cartridges to do well. Thats what the manufacturers need them to think and that's where the manufacturers are topping up the margins.

Eley select, TT1, velocity plus, superfast, English sporter etc are all perfectly good enough cartridges at lower cost prices.

Until some one wins a major or world championship with them though, there will always be people that believes they need top end cartridges to do well. Thats what the manufacturers need them to think and that's where the manufacturers are topping up the margins.
That could be used as leverage to secure sponsorship I guess.

Win a major with TT1's and await Fiocchi's call! 

I moved to Fiocchi after the spring price rise and am more than happy with TT1's. I currenty pay £221 a thou. I could shoot 10k Blackgolds or supremes a year and spend an extra £1100 (that's 2740 comp clays worth).

It's a no brainer.

PM.

Latest posts

Back