Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch.  Not like they are nice cartridges to shoot either.

The fibres are thumpy. The plas are very smooth indeed. 
I was on velocity plus Plas wad before these superfast, velocity plus are thumpy compared to the superfast. Did some blind tests with them both in the gun and you could tell which was which for sure.

I was on velocity plus Plas wad before these superfast, velocity plus are thumpy compared to the superfast. Did some blind tests with them both in the gun and you could tell which was which for sure.
I’ve done The exact same test, and agree Velocity slightly more punchy, but not a lot in it to be fair. I think it’s more that the recoil pattern is different, which can be interpreted as more punchy. When I first started to shoot FBlacks, first impression was there isn’t much difference between them and the SF, but after some time you realise that they’re are different, but it’s all very subtle in my opinion, also depends on the gun, and let’s not forget the psychological aspect as well. No real bad cartridges out there (within reason of course) buy one that suits the pocket and forget about the rises, they’re here to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve done The exact same test, and agree Velocity slightly more punchy, but not a lot in it to be fair. I think it’s more that the recoil pattern is different, which can be interpreted as more punchy. When I first started to shoot FBlacks, first impression was there isn’t much difference between them and the SF, but after some time you realise that they’re are different, but it’s all very subtle in my opinion, also depends on the gun, and let’s not forget the psychological aspect as well. No real bad cartridges out there (within reason of course) buy one that suits the pocket and forget about the rises, they’re here to stay.
The prices are definitely here to stay, and all the other manufacturers will catch up even if they sre below hull currently. I've always mainly shot gamebore or hulls cheapest cartridge, so velocity or superfast. Mainly because they far exceed my ability anyway and you can walk into any gun shop or shooting ground and get one or the other. Had a bit of a dabble with eley Olympic blues once which were nice but just couldn't get them consistently locally.

I quite like Velocity +. A touch more recoil than I would choose, but fine. EJC have them for £223. I’ll race you there. 

I quite like Velocity +. A touch more recoil than I would choose, but fine. EJC have them for £223. I’ll race you there. 
Derek Lees have them at £225 at the minute local to us, the velocity plus pattern really well and give amazing breaks, but like you say a tad thumpy. I've got the superfast to give them a whirl for a change and to see if they were a little smoother.

Anyone used F3 fibre wad. used the Fblu plas and found them to be a nice cartridge but they don't do them in fibre

Couple of grounds around here are fibre only and have a chance of a couple of slabs at the same price as Fblu's

Anyone used F3 fibre wad. used the Fblu plas and found them to be a nice cartridge but they don't do them in fibre

Couple of grounds around here are fibre only and have a chance of a couple of slabs at the same price as Fblu's
you can get the FBlack in fibre. Really impressed with them as well, Used to shoot Hull Pro Fibre, which were very good, also shot the superfast fibre which didn’t shoot very well in the DT11, couldn’t wait to get rid of those luckily I didn’t stock up on them.  

Last edited by a moderator:

F3s (7.5s) in fibre I’ve used Fblus not so can’t compare the two, the F3s in fibre felt no different to F3 in plaswad in which the reds always seem harsher than the pistons (8s) & biors (9s) not put off at all though, will be using again, for same price that sounds a good deal

Take em. No bad cartridge at a bargain price. 

Jasper

And next month it will be £260, then £270 etc etc.. 

it will go on and on, people will drop large sums on 10k orders trying to outwit the manufacturers and price hikes , this will simply be added onto the next 10k on the next order you make. Economies of scale.
As I mentioned many posts ago, and as the OP of this thread, buy what you can afford at the time you can afford to buy it, otherwise it will genuinely ruin your sport/hobby/retirement etc It’s endless guys and is only going one way. Alternatively let’s make a pact now to all not buy anything for the next 6 months and see if that allows them to catch up and realign the prices? Joking of course. 
The margins given by the manufacturers on cartridges for retail are minuscule. If your sole line of business was cartridge sales alone you simply wouldn’t survive as a business. I have no idea what the manufacturers  margins are, but I’m guessing they’re a damn sight higher than resellers, otherwise they’d also be out of business. Plus looking at the accounts online for the big UK players they don’t look like they’re in the 5H1T. 
we’re on the tipping point of £250/1000, expect that to pass £275 and onto the magical £300. At that point I’d say a lot of people will take up golf or turn on their heating for an hour or so. 

Jasper is bang on, and locally FBlus £250 ish F3 Fibres £300 ish, if he’s still offering you a whopping £50 odd discount think I’d be buying a few!
Only 1k on offer, I've had 2 and my m8 the other 2, will give them a go, thanks for the replies all

And next month it will be £260, then £270 etc etc.. 
And if this pattern continues some manufactures will be the architects of their own down fall. Its OK just idly passing on their costs to the consumer but it will only have one outcome and their market will contract.

Someone needs to put all their resources into a basic cheap cartridge with adequate performance ,rationalise their production and overheads to cut cost. Go for the mass market and keep their cartridge below the price of the oppositions base range.

Well. I'm just gonna buy 10,000 of summat popular and wait six months to sell half on and make the difference back in profit!
Your absolutely spot on and that’s what a few have been doing at some of the grounds I shoot at, or that’s what they set out to do only to realise when they were getting low, their usual cartridge was out of stock so ended up either holding out and using what they had or switching to another cartridge come re up. It was at this point I just said buy what you can afford and just shoot it, plus this also supports your local reseller, as mentioned margins are tight anyway, all this does is add pressure to the sport we all love. It’s understandably so become the chat on most grounds but to be fair, most of the grounds I shoot at seem to be passing the cartridges over at trade prices as they understand the need to have people there shooting. It’s a very thin line and most are getting wise to this, not all, but some, as mentioned the margins are so slim it’s simply not with marking them up, better to have the grounds populated than empty and try to make an extra few quid on ammo. YMMV

Back