Brace yourself

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Powell

Staff member
Confirmation from a supplier today that cartridge prices will be increasing 10-15% in around a month’s time. Price rises will vary slightly between manufacturers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really they know in a months time prices will be going up, or is it their stocks not moving because most people have cut back and a good rumour helps sales🤣  
coincidence how all manufactures are planning a price increase around a months time

Prices going up - spike in demand - manufacturers hit their end of year targets.

Confirmation from a supplier today that cartridge prices will be increasing 10-15% in around a month’s time. Price rises will vary slightly between manufacturers.
no surprise   must be Putin's illegal war , the cartel will think of something !!      i have asked this question many times ,  dose anyone know the profit margins involving cartridges ?  and is anyone prepared to enlighten us ?    

Such a shame.....they're killing the sport.

Where I shoot, there are/were three old boys that used to come every week and shoot 25 each. One would shoot and the other two would watch, just to make their day longer. Now, they come every other week, to try to keep the cost down. Myself and some others used to go two or three times a week and do a hundred each time. Now, we are going just twice a week and shooting 75 each time.

Perhaps time to switch from my beloved Eley Superbs down to a cheaper cartridge like Eley Select. I did try a couple od boxes of the 24gr which shot really well and my wife shoots the 21gr on DTL which seem to work fine.   Hmmm food for thought 🤔

Phil

It would be amusing if fiocchi resisted this next price hike as they have in the past. They could end up with a complete monopoly.

PM.
I have used quite a few Fiocchi cartridges and always found them a bit dirty. However,  I recently got a good deal on some F Blacks and they have been excellent, certainly as good and clean as my usual Cheddite. 

I have used quite a few Fiocchi cartridges and always found them a bit dirty. However,  I recently got a good deal on some F Blacks and they have been excellent, certainly as good and clean as my usual Cheddite. 
Now I have found the complete opposite, well with Fblu's anyway 

Now I have found the complete opposite, well with Fblu's anyway 
It was the F blues and the TT's  that I had used, they broke targets well enough through 1/4 chokes in my ProSport, BUT, they were dirty, even with plastic wads. I went back to my favoured Cheddite. 

Such a shame.....they're killing the sport.
They are also gradually killing themselves. There is no doubt cartridge consumption will fall and that will have a knock on affect to sales figures and profits. In a shrinking market place there are always casualties and I would not be surprised in a few years if this carries on, the likes of game bore or Hull may not be around.

They are also gradually killing themselves. There is no doubt cartridge consumption will fall and that will have a knock on affect to sales figures and profits. In a shrinking market place there are always casualties and I would not be surprised in a few years if this carries on, the likes of game bore or Hull may not be around.
I would respectfully disagree. I think its the mid market that will collapse. The budget and high end will always have a market. Hull's Pro range and Gamebore's Gold and DarkStorm will have customers who can afford to pay and want "the best" and the rest of us will have to do with the cheapest going.

Or take up reloading!

I would respectfully disagree. I think its the mid market that will collapse. The budget and high end will always have a market. Hull's Pro range and Gamebore's Gold and DarkStorm will have customers who can afford to pay and want "the best" and the rest of us will have to do with the cheapest going.

Or take up reloading!
My local gunshop has noticed this for quite a while. They stock quite a bit of eley and I wanted Olympic blues but they couldn't shift enough to warrant stocking them. They said then that no one wants mid range anymore, people either wanted selects or superbs.

Or take up reloading!

You may well be correct in that buying habits will change. If people do as you suggest that's not a problem for the manufactures, it could even benefit them. They could produce fewer product lines, simplify their manufacturing and marketing and save money. However if the demand for their cartridges over all the ranges drops, then it is a real issue. This is what I am suggesting is happening and will continue. People are swapping brands, looking for cheaper options etc. However from what I am seeing regular at clay grounds are numbers of shooters falling and those attending shooting less. If that trend continues then the market shrinks and casualties happen, it's simple economics.

Same here, tend to use the smaller cheaper grounds which open a couple of times a week. Large ground by me that's open five days out of seven were saying they have seen a marked drop in trade and also the amount of shooters wanting to sell their kit.  

Forbes are predicting a 25% rise in metal prices this year. Copper’s at a 10 year high with Nickel soon to follow. Add to this an unpredictable oil price, increasing distribution costs, manufacturers with their snouts in the trough and it means there’s no let up in sight.

My prediction is £300+ per 1000 to be the norm by mid 2023.

Latest posts

Back