Brace yourself

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got the email from Just Cartridges today as well, not good news at all. The other sad aspect to this is all the old buggers like me who are retired, finding the extra dosh for these price hikes, not easy at all.

Phil

I also got the email from Just Cartridges today as well, not good news at all. The other sad aspect to this is all the old buggers like me who are retired, finding the extra dosh for these price hikes, not easy at all.

Phil
I hate to say this but the industry believes this’ll be the first of several price rises in 2023. It’ll depend on global factors but word is a premium load will be nudging £400 per thousand by the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
If premium cartridges get to £400 a thousand how many shooters will be competing and how many cartridges manufacturers will be in the market? There won’t be enough for all of them to survive 

I hate to say this but the industry believes this’ll be the first of several price rises in 2023. It’ll depend on global factors but word is a premium load will be nudging £400 per thousand by the end of the year.
A very depressing forecast and if true it would mean the base cartridge well over £300. People are cutting back already and such price rises will change the sport forever. Grounds will close, gun shops close and so will some cartridge manufactures. 

Customers cut back, supply drops, prices increase, they are doing in this country what governments have wanted for years, to end shooting sports. Especially it seems clay shooting with these price hikes

Prices on smallbore ammunition is still pre covid prices at the moment, may have to cut back and shoot more Target 😒

Will be interesting to see how cartridge companies profits stack up this year to see if rises really warranted or are we being taken for a financial ride like the oil companies

Will be interesting to see how cartridge companies profits stack up this year to see if rises really warranted or are we being taken for a financial ride like the oil companies
I definitely think we are being taken on a financial ride. When you look at cartridge prices the increase has been massively higher than anything else I can think of and way,way above the reported 10% inflation. These guys just need to remember things like food,heating and fuel are essentials in life, cartridges are not. As much as I love shooting, there is a level of cost I will not go beyond and the money I would save is quite substantial. 

Customers cut back, supply drops, prices increase, they are doing in this country what governments have wanted for years, to end shooting sports. Especially it seems clay shooting with these price hikes

Prices on smallbore ammunition is still pre covid prices at the moment, may have to cut back and shoot more Target 😒
Well in North Lincolnshire region, the smallbore ammo has certainly increased several times, not like cartridges, I agree but nevertheless we are paying more for our .22LR / .17HMR / .22WMR and would assume all centrefire is up as well as it is the component parts that have increased.

Phil

Well I'm paying £155 a thousand for RWS Special match, and that was what I paid last time pre- covid at Bisley last August

Mind you I'm told they just can't get any ammo at the moment, but not to worry what I have will see me out now, takes up a lot less space than 12g also 😄

Latest posts

Back