Shotgun Cartridge Price Increases - 7-12% From 22nd Febuary

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What we need is a common market😮...oh wait a minute...but without out all the bureaucracy, and crap of the EU.😄
And we had the opportunity to say in the Single Market while not being in the EU. Our Government turned that down.

And we had the opportunity to say in the Single Market while not being in the EU. Our Government turned that down.
...but did we we still not have to abide by their rules, and the ECJ still have a say in our laws? So not really much point in that. In my view it's all the bureaucracy that has caused this situation, and could ultimately be the reason the EU fails altogether. You only have to read between the lines now, to see the unrest and in fighting that is starting now.

...but did we we still not have to abide by their rules, and the ECJ still have a say in our laws? So not really much point in that. In my view it's all the bureaucracy that has caused this situation, and could ultimately be the reason the EU fails altogether. You only have to read between the lines now, to see the unrest and in fighting that is starting now.
Norway are part of the Single Market (they are members of the European Economic Area) but they aren't EU members and the ECJ have no jurisdiction over them. Norway have their own laws (the same as we do), but they've chosen to just adopt directly a whole swathe of EU legislation (the way that we have just done to directly replace the EU laws that no longer apply directly). I've never understood the Brexiters obsession with the ECJ - its primary function is to deal with disputes between EU members or EU members and the EU itself.  

We'd have to abide by the standards required by EU law to stay in the single market.  Personally I don't see that as an issue, I'd rather not have chlorinated chicken, bacon with cancer causing nitrates or hormone injected beef.  Theresa May immediately ruled out staying in the Single Market, because she wanted to be able to lower standards to do deals direct with the Yanks that wouldn't be possible without accepting the lower animal welfare standards that they adopt.

I have a French residency card and so do not have to worry about whether or not I can stay... for the next ten years anyway BUT and this is true, I know people who stay in France all year round or to and fro when the feel like it WHO VOTED FOR BREXIT who are now scrambling about trying to get a residency card before they are asked to leave and they are complaining about it all... you could not make it up🤣 I know of one couple staying  nearby who voted for Brexit who are now actively seeking French nationality because the cannot afford to return to the UK and another lot who voted for Brexit who have given up their UK passport for a French one 🤣 I will say it once more most people who voted in that referendum knew very little about what they were actually voting for and exactly how it was actually going to effect them.

Children, children, stop this pointless political argument, what’s done is done.

Oh, and btw this is a forum about shooting.
Sorry, but I don't fancy what's done is done and it's time to move on.  I think what we really need is four years of 'you won, get over it.'  Only fair really.

Justcartridges ,I believe. Trying to push prices up for something that`s not in demand is a bit daft.
Just cartridges are a rip off anyway,used them once...never again!

Always been able to save 10-20% on t5heir prices.

It's the realities of Brexit - now we have import duty and VAT added.  Was expected - I bought a £500 bit for my car from Germany in late December as the price rises were inevitable.  And yeah, there will be suppliers that will use the fog of Brexit to raise prices as well.
Bought a brand new prop for my Toureg came form Czech republic,Chinese seller less than half the price here inc. shipping for exactly same item...

The trouble is we play a game, where we are a captive audience. We will have to cut our cloth so to speak, if needs be. The cartridges I use at the moment are £219/1000, so an increase of approx £15-26/1000, depending on % increase of said cartridge, so an increase of £1.50-2.60 per 100 registered shoot. So not actually going to bust the bank. I know it's annoying keep have increase after increase.

Another thing I won't be doing though, is laying out £1095 on 5000, to have a one off saving of £75-130.
Really,not like the £1095 is going to make anywhere near the discount in interest unless you take about 10 years to use them.

Bought a brand new prop for my Toureg came form Czech republic,Chinese seller less than half the price here inc. shipping 
You must have been lucky. One of the firms I tried was Czech. Blew me off with the not worth it mate line.

JPWZX9R,

WHAT THE F**K ?

We are talking about availability and cost of Cartridges , in Britain. 

More precisely Just Cartridges price increase , back on track please.

Let’s put it into context .  Financing working capital can kill a company when stock isn’t turning . You have a shed load of cartridges that are not selling and you have reduced  cashflow in the company . You have two options to move them 1) discount them heavily and hope you get some takers but apparently all cartridge sellers tell us these are low margin products already 

2) inform the market place that they are getting a chance to beat an increase and try and drum up some stock movement .

The down side to both of these of course is that your buyers can’t use the cartridges so perhaps you’d be judicious to forecast a slump later on , but it might keep you out of trouble . 

If you were a cash rich company , you could of course do nothing , wait for shooting to resume under the new pricing structure and take an increased margin on you old stock ...

As a consumer , me ? , If I get worried over a £20 increase I’ll shoot a 95 practice instead of a 100 , and stop double barrelling the pieces on driven,  which I habitually do if I’ve got my game bird head on 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
JPWZX9R,

WHAT THE F**K ?

We are talking about availability and cost of Cartridges , in Britain. 

More precisely Just Cartridges price increase , back on track please.
Yes sorry you are right I am totally off subject but there was a little of the ins and outs 🤣 of Brexit in the thread.

However as my initial reply states we are being told the same thing over here. Prices are going up very soon so buy some now at a cheap price. Our club chairman was sent a flyer type email about cartridge prices and I have to admit I have fallen for their game, if that is what it is, mainly because €53.90 for a slab of Trust T4 Xtra seems a good price even if they are not going up in price . 

We already suffer badly with hardly any youngsters coming into shooting sports. Let us all spare a thought for our competitors who have to fund maybe a Wife , Son & Daughter with the cost of guns , cartridges and entry fees . I note that Just Cartridges and many others like them do not contribute a great deal to the prize fund at shoots . 

Thankfully I have numerous cartridge suppliers fairly local to me .

Let us all use our local retailers and try to stamp out greed where ever and when ever we can.
Question? Has shooting ever been a sport for the young? When has any "youngster" ever made enough money to buy a gun and the cartridges required to take part in a sport that has always been notoriously pricey to take part in, and most especially if it is a sport that their parents are uninterested in? And what do you call a youngster?  Really young shooters are entirely reliant on their parents who by subsidising an extravagant sport are living their life dream through their children.

We've had this in smallbore shooting, rifles,jacket, ammo etc doing nothing but sky rocketing. Result unless their parents are well off and can fund them, a sharp decline in young people coming into the sport and predominantly older shooting club membership.

The government don't have to worry about getting rid of firearms/shotguns in the population the manufactures seem to be hell bent trying to do it for them

When was the last price rise, across the board??
2017 from memory. They've been fairly stable since then. Previous to that there seemed to be a steady increase which prompted the birth of 21gms etc.

I'm sure I can remember not that long ago Kelbrook selling a fairly rough 28gm Express for £136 a thousand! 

PM.

I've been shooting for a long long time now cartridges have always gone up never remember a time when they have gone down never seems justified Just saying
But I guess everything only ever goes up, right?!?

I mean, I’ve been posting letters for the last 30 years, but the cost of a stamp never goes down. And don’t get me started on driving! The thing is, I still post things, and still drive a car, as my wages went up also (thankfully!)

I think, overall, we all accept that the cost of everything does go up... inflation. It’s just when it ‘appears’ unjustified, or unequal to other measures, or, dare I say it, perceived as jumping on a bandwagon, that we get frustrated.
But then, that is marketing and supply vs demand, and a number of other factors.

Ultimately, we make our choices.

👍 

Not only cartridges but Clay's have been creeping up at many grounds. As a ball park figure if you pay £200 for a reasonable cartridge and £30 for 100 clays. Anyone doing 100 practice during week and 100 on a weekend , is going to get an annual cost of £5000 then add travel costs etc and it's easy to see why clay shooting is not that tempting to many younger people

Latest posts

Back