Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Announced today

Lecco, 15/04/2022
Fiocchi Group announces the acquisition of Lyalvale Express

Fiocchi Group, the worldwide leader in the production of small calibre ammunition under Fiocchi Munizioni, Baschieri & Pellagri and Fiocchi of America brands, announces the acquisition of the entire share capital of Lyalvale Express, the historical British manufacturer established in 1983 in Lichfield, United Kingdom, and specialized in manufacturing and distribution of premium game and clay shotshells.

Closing of the deal occurred April, 6 th , 2022. The acquisition of the manufacturing platform of Lyalvale Express in the United Kingdom has the strategic objective to further consolidate Fiocchi Group’s leadership in the game and clay target shooting segments, not only from a manufacturing point of view but also through the expansion of the Group’s product portfolio, offering to consumers a complete range of premium and super-premium products.

Unique to this sector, Fiocchi Group will benefit from four manufacturing plants in two continents: the historical Fiocchi Munizioni plant in Lecco (Italy), Baschieri & Pellagri’s centre of excellence in Bologna (Italy), the manufacturing platform with two plants in Missouri and Arkansas (United States) and the newly acquired Lyalvale Express plant in Lichfield, north of Birmingham (UK).

In addition, the strong complementarity of the brands’ product range, coupled with the unparalleled innovation footprint – the latest example being the biodegradable shotshell components launched within the Green Core project – will allow the Group to enjoy an additional, significant growth in the global markets thanks to the unrivalled commercial network the Group has consolidated over the years.

“We are excited to announce this transaction, which has a significant strategic value. Lyalvale Express becomes part of a Group with an unbeatable historical heritage and will benefit from outstanding innovation capabilities and from a large production platform which will generate important synergies” proudly says Maurizio Negro, Group’s CEO.

Stefano Fiocchi, Group’s President, highlights that “it’s with great pride that we welcome Lyalvale Express to our Group. We will benefit from another historical brand which will further contribute to strengthen and develop the Group’s leadership”.

James Rose, Fiocchi UK Managing Director, will become Managing Director of the new Group’s UK entity: “I’m extremely thrilled by this transaction, I’ve always respected Lyalvale’s high quality and positioning as a UK manufacturer, so I’m absolutely sure that together, we will be able to strengthen and further develop our market”

I have just had word from my local Ground, that Gamebore cartridge prices have been "increased significantly". No idea on % as yet, but "in line with other manufacturers".

Steve.

I have just had word from my local Ground, that Gamebore cartridge prices have been "increased significantly". No idea on % as yet, but "in line with other manufacturers".
"In line with other manufacturers" sounds like code for price fixing to me.

All they are doing is slowly killing the sport.

"In line with other manufacturers" sounds like code for price fixing to me.

All they are doing is slowly killing the sport.
And getting filthy rich in the process! They’ve gotta recover all the furlough payback cash somehow. Just another so called rich tax… they keep increasing the price and people keep paying.

And getting filthy rich in the process! They’ve gotta recover all the furlough payback cash somehow. Just another so called rich tax… they keep increasing the price and people keep paying.
Perhaps - but for the sport to survive, it needs new blood.  As if finances aren't stretched enough for youngsters these days, they'll think two or three times before taking up this sport.

Perhaps - but for the sport to survive, it needs new blood.  As if finances aren't stretched enough for youngsters these days, they'll think two or three times before taking up this sport.
I hear what you’re saying but most kids are too busy instafacetubing to be interested in any outdoor sports. The people propping the sport up are the surplus income older generation. The only way prices will come down is if people stop shooting. It’s a Double edged sword unfortunately. I’ll keep shooting until I can no longer afford it or I get bored. 

At the places I shoot, both practice & competition I do see new faces each and every year, and yes quite a few fall away, is it cost / difficulty/ change of circumstances or move away I know not. These faces are a mix of young & not so young, male & female and overwhelming the staying in the game shots are the not so young male chaps and a growing number of ladies that have the time and most importantly the funds. 

Every ground I know has incentives of sorts for the “yuff” some let them shoot for free yet still the numbers are very low, most of these youngsters have all of their shooting tab picked up by parents/ grandparents. All this at a time of their lives when there is so much going on / changing / other opportunities for them to consider, so investing time and when it comes to it then using a significant part of their own available cash bashing clays is a battle, a losing one too. 

Shooting is an expensive hobby, always has been compared to most other easy to enter participation sports and it will always be so, and yes I agree that these “youngsters” will think twice, and most will decide it’s not for them at the time, whereas this hobby has an appeal for those of a few more years behind them that do have more available spare time and more importantly the cash.

I hear what you’re saying but most kids are too busy instafacetubing to be interested in any outdoor sports. The people propping the sport up are the surplus income older generation. The only way prices will come down is if people stop shooting. It’s a Double edged sword unfortunately. I’ll keep shooting until I can no longer afford it or I get bored. 
This

It is getting a little ridiculous!

It will be interesting to see what happens with Lylevale now !

Latest posts

Back