Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a vicious circle      shoot less ,  buy the cheapest possible shells ,  practice less ,  pack up ?    we cant win ,    i went to kegworth Sunday it was rammed ,  

I was told by the cartridge chap at EJC that as Fiocchi had not had an increase in a while this would be big. Like £30-40 per thousand. Just what I was told. 

I was told by the cartridge chap at EJC that as Fiocchi had not had an increase in a while this would be big. Like £30-40 per thousand. Just what I was told. 
Exactly the same as I was told Wednesday as well. Plus shortages of various products in the range as well. 

Exactly the same as I was told Wednesday as well. Plus shortages of various products in the range as well. 
Maybe shops upping there own % profit on the back of manufacturers  rises.  Very easy to say  x put there prices up how do we the end users know by how much ??

Maybe shops upping there own % profit on the back of manufacturers  rises.  Very easy to say  x put there prices up how do we the end users know by how much ??
Fiocchi in fairness are the last ones to put their prices up, whilst others have had their priced increased twice. Which in turn pretty much wiped out there entire inventory.
Not huge margins for resellers on shells, but there’s still margin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I do accept things have changed and the price of everything seems to be increasing. However how much is this necessity and how much is profiteering is a matter of judgement.

As far as cartridges are concerned I have made my mind up. It's now greed and suppliers are increasing their prices simply to increase profit. I bet the cant believe who far they can inflate prices and us suckers continue to accept it. Here is my evidence. The latest price of cartridges at my local decathlon store in Spain. Divide the price shown by 1.2 and it gives you the UK £ equivalent 

Screenshot_20220121-075905_Chrome.jpg

Well guys, I do accept things have changed and the price of everything seems to be increasing. However how much is this necessity and how much is profiteering is a matter of judgement.

As far as cartridges are concerned I have made my mind up. It's now greed and suppliers are increasing their prices simply to increase profit. I bet the cant believe who far they can inflate prices and us suckers continue to accept it. Here is my evidence. The latest price of cartridges at my local decathlon store in Spain. Divide the price shown by 1.2 and it gives you the UK £ equivalent 

View attachment 8855
Don’t forget we’re now paying truck driver £80k+salaries. This alone has driven the costs up considerably. 
think there’s a mix of a few things going on to be fair. 

wait until people start getting there new energy bills coming in. Things are going to get tight V soon. 

Don’t forget we’re now paying truck driver £80k+salaries. This alone has driven the costs up considerably. 

wait until people start getting there new energy bills coming in. Things are going to get tight V soon. 

And National insurance. People having to start to commute again. Service charges such as TV, phoneand Broadband (9%) announced  this week. The List goes on.  

The only hope is that we get the rock  music from the 70's back. 

Party on.. 🥳 

And National insurance. People having to start to commute again. Service charges such as TV, phoneand Broadband (9%) announced  this week. The List goes on.  

The only hope is that we get the rock  music from the 70's back. 

Party on.. 🥳 
don't forget all those businesses that claimed the £50k from the government, then bought new TV'S, HiFis, cars, motorbikes, (new guns maybe?) holidays etc.. they still have to declare bankruptcy yet and set up again. 

RIP Meatloaf  sad loss to the industry, cracking set of lungs on him.  by christ he could party 

And with the new energy prices the cost of manufacturing clays is going to go up as well

Not sure that you can blame the general inflationary trends like haulage ,fuel and wages etc. The price differential is too great . Plus, the same inflationary pressures are also happening in Europe. 

Not sure that you can blame the general inflationary trends like haulage ,fuel and wages etc. The price differential is too great . Plus, the same inflationary pressures are also happening in Europe. 
Never said they were the sole reason for the price increase? They are an influencing factor for certain, as a business you simply couldn’t/can’t swallow the logistics costs.
Coupled with raw material increases, and shortages, plus an increase in demand etc etc..this makes up part of the ‘other things in the mix’ part of my earlier comment. 
Fact of the matter is, they’ve all put their prices up and there’s Jack Sht we can do about it as we will all keep on shooting. I mentioned many posts ago, watch this space for a new budget line of cartridges coming to market soon. 

There is also a lack of basic components like ammonia (powder component) due to heavily increased prices for natural gas. Some powders are still not available here in germany.

The general importer of Clever cartridges here in germany could not guarantee delivery in time and prices due to

unsure circumstances.

Farmers were not able to buy enough fertilizer (lack of ammonia, urea) even at high prices.

I bought my cartridges last year for the upcoming season, but that doesn´t help very long.

And we had to buy 15.000 to get a good price for 24g Fiocchi TT two, 215 €/ 1000 then.

Latest posts

Back