Gossip S.Counties close on Jan 4th 2015?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't understand why Bisley Shooting Ground got the award anyway.

It has only done one reg shoot this year.

I would have thought reg shoots would have contributed to Premier Plus status.

If you lot from Dorset come up here you better dress properly.

No high heels / cross dressing etc.
They all wear smocks, floppy felt hats and have string tied above their knee caps. You'll recognise them when they turn up!  :sarcastic:

Don't understand why Bisley Shooting Ground got the award anyway.

It has only done one reg shoot this year.

I would have thought reg shoots would have contributed to Premier Plus status.
We have renewal forms on the desk to complete - last year we downgraded from Premier to Registered CPSA status - our choice.

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/club-membership

We're a small privately owned ground, so we're conscious of costs, but 'Premier Plus' for Bisley, certainly sounds good for the ground.

Ahhh. Interesting link.

So you pay for it as membership. Not an award.

I'm sure I read somewhere it was "Awarded Premier Plus Status".

All I'm saying is I would have thought they would do registered shoots.

Fibre wad only as well. No food at club shoots. Free coffee tho.

£43.00 / 100 as guest to do club shoot. That's dearer than any reg shoot with prize money.

It's a good ground but not the whole package.

Just saying.

If you remember the 2 Ronnies on TV?  the 2 "Yokels resemble No1 and me. :crazy:  
Come on Cyril. You're much more like the big one in the "Four Candles" sketch!!   :haha:

Now Les53 looks just like The Yokels from the photos Gary has posted?????

Anyway, I'm from the South East not the South West originally. I just migrated and never went back.

Anyway, I'm from the South East not the South West originally. I just migrated and never went back.

You know what they say down here, "Bloody Foreigners" :crazy:

Yes I can confirm TD is not a yokel this was evident by no straw in mouth when we met up.

so i received my new copy of pull and low and behold registered shoots at southern counties all the way through jan/feb.......still no sporting shoots,what a surprise!

the saga continues!

though this is from there website 

We are sorry to inform you that Southern Counties is closing down from Monday 5th January 2015

guess the CPSA are working to there usual standard!

and yes i know there is a lead time in printing but in general editors check the validity of what they print!

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the whole place will disappear into one of those famous mists, and when it clears, the whole lot will have vanished?

Maybe it will happen during the "Auto loaders" DTL Squad's last round? Poetic justice? Trap Shooters revenge? Who knows?

If that does happen, I predict the ensuing thread concerning the conspiracy theory over whether the place ever existed at all, will run to at least 10 pages.

I'm looking forward to that already!  :sarcastic:

:fie:  I am led to believe that the start of the traps selloff is about  to begin in the new year?

:fie:  I am led to believe that the start of the traps selloff is about  to begin in the new year?
I heard that Laporte, were likely to buy them all back to stop them flooding the second hand market!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear that someone is about to buy a complete trench layout!   watch this space?

I've got room for a couple of layouts here.... Any donations gladly accepted .. (Probably cost more in council/planning department bribes than anything else.)

Seems Southern Counties have not ditched clay shooting completely, just practice and competitions. Their website now says they are still open for lessons, have-a-go sessions and groups (stag & hen parties).

Who knows what else they might introduce in the future?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawg, Don't forget lessons can use any old crap targets, stag and hen parties are Mickey Mouse targets as are corperate parties.

I'll put a £100.00 down that there will not be any registered sporting/fitasc shoots!

Latest posts

Back