Gossip S.Counties close on Jan 4th 2015?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume the only reason for SC closing is that the landowner has found a more lucrative proposition for the land. Yes/No.

Phil*

unlikely that anyone will ever know the whole story! Except Barry Crook!

it's all a very sad end to a great shooting ground! Cyril (shootinguru) knows the whole history I would guess ?

it's all a very sad end to a great shooting ground! Cyril (shootinguru) knows the whole history I would guess ?
I bet Cyril remembers when the Hill Fort was built there, and that's been gone for centuries!   :sarcastic:

I remember first being "there" in 1976. I was at the kart circuit next door watching the British Championships. First time I ever felt lead shot drop on me.

Yes, I used to spend as much time watching the karting as I did the shooting. Reminds me of my own misspent youth racing cars.

:crazy:  It was probably me dropping lead on you in 1976 during ISU competitions? never did like them noisey buggers in go carts.

Bloody shame... But there again I bet some of us that live > 300 miles away went more often than most locals... As they say.. Use it or lose it....

Thats not the case at all I'm afraid. The national championships will be easy to move to another venue but the local, inter-county shoots and regional championships will be a bit of a nightmare, to say the least.

Lets put it like this , there will be NO national c/ships held in the S/West now on? and intercounties don't look good in trap disciplines either? :fie:  

So on the subject of the karting is that going also? How about the shop (sportsman?)
Everything else staying.Chef was on about trying to rent cafe from Barry as well. The shop will still do 

ok. Busy little shop.

:fie:  It won't be so frigging busy when there are no shooters going to the ex ground!

Back