2014 - My shootingrecord & aims for 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Well as 2014 is now over, i thought id share my shooting record for 2014 & set some goals for 2015

As you can see i had a mixed bag, with some high's and lows

My current bogey birds are Crossers & Battue's,  so my aim for 2015 is to work on those and see if i can improve on my last years record.

Lead is my other issue, with me giving to much lead to start with and having to come back to the bird on subsequent shots.

I had a practice at Southdowns today,  despite being cold an windy i did fairly well,

I used the solo delay on the stands, and have to say i found it fairly easy to use.

It was a mixed bag of presentations, but two of  which i was looking for were crossers &  Battues,

As luck would have it, they had a single and sim pair of R/L  crossers, which i managed to find the correct lead for both

and started to get  breaks on them, sadly however the sim pair eluded me. 

The Battue presentation still gave me problems, i did manage to hit it, but then the trap went down so i moved onto

some skeet.

Its been a long time since i shot a round of skeet, but i have to say i didnt do as bad as i thought i would. 

I shot one round just to go through it for a refresher, and then shot the next  from the midpoint to get used to the crossers

again.

So all in all a pretty good day

:santa:

Hi Sian,

Dont know whether the stock is making much difference tbh ;)

I may have a gunfitting session this year just to see if it is, and if there are any other tweaks needed... 

I think personally its just i need to get out and shoot more :)

:santa: x

Quite a mixed bag of results there Santa! Good to see that you have got your aims for 2015.

Mine is to consistently hit more than 20/50 in Sporting, I'd be happy with that :)

Santa would be lovely to see you more out and about - make this year a year to try out some of the registered shoots.  I think it would be a good idea now to have  gun fit as it can't do any harm now that you have had a good length of time shooting.  Hope to see you more this year maybe at Southdown for example.

xx

Hi Sian,

yes i do need to push a bit harder...  

Ive got a session this saturday, with the extended family, as my wifes nephew looks like he may be interested (2nd time for him ;) )

Then ive got to start planning for the rest of the year   (Mrs Santa permitting ;) )

And ive got to defend my SCC position later this year

:santa: x

Back