Gossip S.Counties close on Jan 4th 2015?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No more long drive to Dorset.

No more M5 traffic jams.

No more shooting in rain.

No more shooting in fog.

Oh how we will miss it.

Its always a shame when any ground closes but imo its time to move on now. Shoots have been reallocated so job done.

No more M5 traffic jams.

No more shooting in fog.

No more meeting Ips!!  :bye:

(Unless you take up sporting of course???  :good:

Oh Bollox your right mate no more meeting TD or Les, didnt think about that it is a major draw back.

Oh Bollox your right mate no more meeting TD or Les, didnt think about that it is a major draw back.
Let me know in plenty of time if you ever go to Brookbank. I know it's virtually in the Frozen North from me, but I'm sure I could tempt my wife into a shopping trip to Bath or Bristol and sneak off myself for a look at this Trap thing again.

One day I might even give it a go myself, but only behind closed doors of course!!!   :sarcastic:

Will do mate. We will be down your way for a weeks hols at some point too.

No more M5 traffic jams.

No more shooting in fog.

Oh how we will miss it.

Its always a shame when any ground closes but imo its time to move on now. Shoots have been reallocated so job done.
Just a shame Dorset shooters have no where to shoot. No competitions and no trap at all.

Another nail in the trap coffin. The way its going were all going to be Hedge monkeys.

Another Perazzi going up for sale back to the trusted DT10. :fie:   :fie:

Kevin is starting a new ground just out side Dorchester in March, but once again only Sporting.

I know mate I feel for you we have same problem oop north.

Oh I don't know ips, there is Sealand, sorry North Wales Shooting Ground, Worsley have a DTL and a Trap layout, albeit fibre wads, AND Kelbrook have reopened their ABT, Oh, and do not forget the 'Fish'. What more could an avid Trapshooter want ? Some people,  moan, moan, moan, they are never happy !

Just a shame Dorset shooters have no where to shoot. No competitions and no trap at all.

Another nail in the trap coffin. The way its going were all going to be Hedge monkeys.

Another Perazzi going up for sale back to the trusted DT10. :fie:   :fie:

Kevin is starting a new ground just out side Dorchester in March, but once again only Sporting.
Ha....you wont sell that Perazzi, you just joined Fareham to shoot ABT !!! Oh and you're already part hedge monkey anyway! Pmsl!!

Oh I don't know ips, there is Sealand, sorry North Wales Shooting Ground, Worsley have a DTL and a Trap layout, albeit fibre wads, AND Kelbrook have reopened their ABT, Oh, and do not forget the 'Fish'. What more could an avid Trapshooter want ? Some people,  moan, moan, moan, they are never happy !
Yeah but as you know my friend none of those are registered ;)

Yeah but as you know my friend none of those are registered ;)
Ian, down this way most of us would be glad of an ABT layout of some sort, even if it didn't do registered, this place is now officially a trap desert!! In fact NO trap shooting in Dorset at all now!  :growl:

just to cheer you up,there are some big plans for olympic shooting in the pipline for a place down south but with planning etc could be a few years away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
ITV South West News is on at the moment and an early headline announces the closure of  Peter Wilson's Olympic Training ground with more comment to come later in the programme - on until 6:30pm

Peter Wilson was interviewed at the ground and said that the closure forced his early retirement from his sport though he was his usual perfect ambassador for the sport and said he owed a debt of gratitude to Southern Counties for helping him achieve his goal.  The site owners refused to be interviewed.  Practice and competition has now ceased but other activities like the hotel, shop and kart track will continue along with limited shooting.  Peter Wilson said its was like a second home since he was eight although often cold and wet!

Back