Gossip S.Counties close on Jan 4th 2015?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've agreed to host the English Open UTR Championships - 2 months ago.

BB have hosted I/C championships before, and haven't said no to any in 2015.

So on the subject of the karting is that going also? How about the shop (sportsman?)
I heard the carting was being banned for polluting the local organic farm so their going to host the new FIA Formula E from now on, they'll be able to charged up the cars with the solar farm......They just wont be able to drive when the infamous SC fog comes in.

Well I thought it was a good one to start :haha:   

:fie:  Does'nt anyone wonder why after setting all the 2015 fixtures recently, they would turn round and close the ground suddenly?

I think what westley means is that garry and les's impending shooting comp at SC using autos has scared SC into submission and that is the primary reason for closing the ground :)

I think what westley means is that garry and les's impending shooting comp at SC using autos has scared SC into submission and that is the primary reason for closing the ground :)
Hey ......hang on a mo....I'm NOT using a bloody auto of ANY colour......in any comp!!!   :fie:

:fie:  Does'nt anyone wonder why after setting all the 2015 fixtures recently, they would turn round and close the ground suddenly?

Maybe it's an 'up yours' to a particular organisation that arranged for a petition against it's planning application?

Well, I still reckon it's the 'Auto thing'.
DTL 4th January there's Still going to be an all Blue Auto squad with Les on peg 3 wearing a tin hat  :haha:

Trying to find an old German hat with spike on the top,  for him to wear, . Look out for pics.

Last shot gotta be an Auto i reckon. :girlcrazy:   :girlcrazy:

Hey ......hang on a mo....I'm NOT using a bloody auto of ANY colour......in any comp!!!   :fie:
                                                 :girlcrazy:   :girlcrazy:   Thats what you think :crazy:   :crazy:  

We've agreed to host the English Open UTR Championships - 2 months ago.

BB have hosted I/C championships before, and haven't said no to any in 2015.
Think your gonna have a busy year Wes. Any chance of doing similar to Bisley where people who have to travel far book in before shoot. Then shoot the first 50 straight then all  squads shoot as normal then 2nd time around another 50 straight. Then we can get on our way so as not to make it such a long day. When i come over i leave around 8 in the mourning and don't get back till 6ish to long a day on a Sunday. Her in doors not happy  :haha:

As someone who objected, to the closure of the ground and the plan to replace it with a solar farm, to the Planning Department I have now been written to by the Planning Officer to advise that the application for the solar farm has been refused.

It may well be that the ground had been planned to close either on the assumption that planning would be granted or on viability grounds but they will now need to appeal if they want to try again for a solar farm!

The reason for refusal has not been given but should be available in a few days from the planning portal website.

just beat me to it just come in to see the same email.

definitely a result now we need to hope the appeal is unsuccessful as well as there is no way they will close it then!

So let me get this right....

Planning is refused but the ground is closing because some think that it is a reaction to the petition....?

(I always thought the petition was a daft idea....a bit like firing on your own troops.)

Has that skill set audit been done yet ?

No ground means less objections to alternative use, happened by the inlaws, bloke bought pub, applied for planning for houses it was rejected, pub essential to village life etc etc, pub demolished, slap on wrist from council, 2 years later new houses...

They will get planning, but the solar boom has gone and falling oil prices means the numbers will be less favourable. But it's Crooks land, Crooks money, Crooks decision, wonder what the hotel will be like in 6 months time??

Could be that my shoot there last month will be my first and last then.  I even spoke to Peter there where he confirmed his decision about not defending his DT Olympic gold due to all the training and winning something again which he already had.

No ground means less objections to alternative use, happened by the inlaws, bloke bought pub, applied for planning for houses it was rejected, pub essential to village life etc etc, pub demolished, slap on wrist from council, 2 years later new houses...

They will get planning, but the solar boom has gone and falling oil prices means the numbers will be less favourable. But it's Crooks land, Crooks money, Crooks decision, wonder what the hotel will be like in 6 months time??
Having looked at the reasons for refusing permission, it is clear that it will NEVER get permission to be a solar farm!!! There are just so many reasons for the refusal, in fact it looks like it will not be possible to do anything with the land other than leave it as a shooting fround or just leave it totally dormant!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back