CPSA reg shoots and Green Fees.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How lucky am I to be shooting down here in France. The cost for a 100 target comp is €40 or €45 you cannot shoot targets only and you must ref/score, so the entry fee is quite high really. The prize money is incidental, low and a dictated by a formula from the FFBT and the ligue Midi Pyrenees. Shooters come along and enter for the social occasion and also, of course, to prove they can shoot. Coffee is free in the morning and at lunchtime you can if you choose indulge in a five course properly cooked meal for €12.. with wine and Armagnac.  But over and above everything you do not get shooters visiting just trying to hoover up prizes its a social gathering of like minded people having a day out and a laugh together to help another member club boost their funds for the year because the club keeps €7 of every entry fee... which is used to drive down costs for shooters and improve the facilities.

Here is an example of how members of our club benefit . If I enter the Ligue championship comp it costs €45... that fee is returned to me by the club in the form of free practice rounds... that is 12 free rounds of UT just as an incentive to get the members out shooting at another club! The cost of membership is only €60 per year and a practice round of UT or OT €3.50 ! OK that is enough crowing... but it is very fair on the shooter!

How much is a registered skeet normally as last time I shot one at the NCSC I am pretty sure it was £40. So green fee aside £41 total price seems similar to ESP and that T/O price is pretty low to make up for it.

How lucky am I to be shooting down here in France. The cost for a 100 target comp is €40 or €45 you cannot shoot targets only and you must ref/score, so the entry fee is quite high really. The prize money is incidental, low and a dictated by a formula from the FFBT and the ligue Midi Pyrenees. Shooters come along and enter for the social occasion and also, of course, to prove they can shoot. Coffee is free in the morning and at lunchtime you can if you choose indulge in a five course properly cooked meal for €12.. with wine and Armagnac.  But over and above everything you do not get shooters visiting just trying to hoover up prizes its a social gathering of like minded people having a day out and a laugh together to help another member club boost their funds for the year because the club keeps €7 of every entry fee... which is used to drive down costs for shooters and improve the facilities.

Here is an example of how members of our club benefit . If I enter the Ligue championship comp it costs €45... that fee is returned to me by the club in the form of free practice rounds... that is 12 free rounds of UT just as an incentive to get the members out shooting at another club! The cost of membership is only €60 per year and a practice round of UT or OT €3.50 ! OK that is enough crowing... but it is very fair on the shooter!
Crowing? Naw, squawking!!! There are club shoots over here where you can shoot for very little, one 20 mins from me is £10 for 60 sporting to members, £12 guests, busy as hell, social, great targets...but NOT competition as in registered competition shooting. If you have the competition bug, you need more than club shooting for fun. Well, I do anyway...

"If you have the competition bug, you need more than club shooting for fun. Well, I do anyway..."

I will have another squawk... I don't think you understand what a French shooting club is like secondly I can say with out any fear of contradiction you would not get near winning a "club trap shooting competition" down here where entries can be as high as 80+ ! If you want a second opinion ask Philr or anybody else who has had the experience of shooting in France. Ends squawk :)    ps  all these competitions are registered.

edit

By the way I an visit over 100 such clubs within about a two hour drive from my house... some offering extensive trap and sporting facilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
"By the way I an visit over 100 such clubs within about a two hour drive from my house... some offering extensive trap and sporting facilities."

this and a 5 course meal for a tenner!!

i've been feeling i live in the wrong country for a long time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
over 100 such clubs within about a two hour drive from my house... some offering extensive trap and sporting facilities.
where abouts in Midi Pyrenees region are you?  I was in Puy-l'eveque last week for holidays and it was great.  Never thought about it as a shooting holiday destination though.  

Stopped overnight on the drive home though in Beaumont Pied de Boeuf which is near Le Mans and they had a busy little ABT club shoot going on in the village.

To be fair only on the day of a competition most other days refreshments only but €1 for a chilled bottle of beer or a can of coke is not bad , coffee free on arrival!

where abouts in Midi Pyrenees region are you?  I was in Puy-l'eveque last week for holidays and it was great.  Never thought about it as a shooting holiday destination though.  

Stopped overnight on the drive home though in Beaumont Pied de Boeuf which is near Le Mans and they had a busy little ABT club shoot going on in the village.
Glad you enjoyed your hols you got some nice weather! Even hotter this week 40+  yesterday 35 today so a bit more comfortable... hotter again next week! I think the weather is good in the UK as well so enjoy!

I stay in a small village called Escures which is actually in Pyrenees Atlantique the nearest big town is Pau but I shoot mainly in Midi Pyrenees but there are loads of clubs down here some really quite big others small with one fosse but all the same ethos by the members for the members not for profit!

NCSC is £30.00 targets only & £35.00 for the comp, does'nt make sense to me for the sake of a £5.00 green fee the club will loose £36.00 !!!!!! & NCSC has top Skeet ranges

"By the way I an visit over 100 such clubs within about a two hour drive from my house... some offering extensive trap and sporting facilities."

i've been feeling i live in the wrong country for a long time!!
Two options..move or wait until the Olympic legacy is fully realised. ?

Two options..move or wait until the Olympic legacy is fully realised. ?
What legacy...masses of grounds being affected noise abatement orders or others being closed because the owner is upset it wasn't an official Olympic practise ground?

it will never be like France's club scene because of the fact we allow the few/individual to ruin things for the many,they just give the big F to anything official!

moving not really an option as i have yet to retire or win the lottery and the fact that many of the things i admire the French for in one way i dislike them for elsewhere.....bit like here :smile:

French wine...good

French women...very good

French food...some if good some of it weird

French way of life...good unless your in a rush

French anything is however much better than English anything.....sign me up.

Got this reply frpm CPSA

I invited the Chairman of Fareham CTC to comment but have heard nothing.

FCTC, like any other ground be it a committee run operation or a commercial business, is able to charge whatever entry fee they consider appropriate. The only exception being the CPSA rule which states for a county championship or higher no ground fee may be charged to any entrant. As a personal observation I would have expected market forces to have played a part in them establishing a competitive entry fee but that does not appear to be the case.

I can understand your reluctance not to shoot at Fareham and would assume you are not alone in making that decision.

Regards

Terry

French wine...good

French women...very good

French food...some if good some of it weird

French way of life...good unless your in a rush

French anything is however much better than English anything.....sign me up.
With the exception of the 'Border Agency' perhaps !

Its a shame to see Fareham's name being dragged through the dirt, especially as its my local and currently favorite ground, however I cannot condone what has been done. Surely the know the rules and they know they shouldn't do it, but I suppose they didn't expect anyone to complain.

Hopefully they will get back to the CPSA with a good response and will do the right thing. The club has been there for a long time and has had a few troubled months, hopefully this will be sorted soon.

I have dropped at line to one of the committee members, I got the response of a statement will be released when ready.

They are aware that a lot of people have complained so we will see what happens really. 

Latest posts

Back