What should a Reg round cost ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just goes to prove Steve Lovett knows nothing about catering, or trade stands the only thing he is bothered about is his arse pocket the moon had more atmosphere than the Britishopen sporting this year.Even the winner of the sporttrap slated it ,now Hepworth hall the year before had a real atmosphere and you felt exited to be there.

Come on let's put more side stands on and make more money out of these fools ,if you are that good Mr Lovett buy a bloody ground yourself and do it properly.

Oh by the way talking of bolloxs it time you grew a set because you didn't have any on the White gold when it came to the shoot off and people where not there on the published time you just sat with your head down and let the wife take the stick

Rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
Your comments Mr Lovett seem to make you God !

When did you have the right to ban a Cpsa member from shooting a Cpsa registered event I was not aware that you were on the Cpsa commettie and had this right the Cpsa should consider if you are a fit person to hold registered shoots .

It appears that you cannot take criticism at all and what has happened to the freedom of free speech

Perhaps you should give up the registered shoots so you can have every thing your own way

cleary a well travelled shooter that knows quality when you see it , not !!!!!

how do you think i make money out of trade stands then , i might be missing a trick here !!!!

as for doing the job properly , just have a look at entry numbers on all of our major shoots and cpsa website , that will answer that one !!!!

i listen to shooters who talk sence and have interest in their hobby and act on it if they have a good point 

as for cpsa i have been on the county committee for 6 years , regional board for 6 years , chairman for 3 years , am on the cpsa sporting sub committee now and in the past and am a great supporter of what they do , so tell me what you have done for your fellow shooters , and causing grief and agro dont count so i suspect f*** all !!!!!

right im far too busy to be getting into this for your sake so all the best good bye steve

ho thats right nearly forgot all the personnal messages i have recieved this afternoon want to know your name , come on out with it !!!!!

Far be it for me to stir the pot...... but having read and re-read Mr Deerhunter's rants and raves, I again re-assert a point made in an earlier thread concerning the afore mentioned self proclaimed Cervidae dispatcher.

You have to be the most self absorbed/obsessed naysayer I have come across in any internet forum. You rear your gargantuan head simply to put down a seemingly light hearted thread with your overzealous pompous and quite frankly ill informed opinions (IMHO)!!!!

I am new to this forum and new to the sport, however, concerning the above statement "ill informed", I have not seen anyone agree with you! Secondly you as a self proclaimed and almost Zsar-like authority to the Sporting discipline I thought I would have a rummage through the CPSA website using your CPSA number (yes I know your name now!); last year you posted 9 yes 9 scores for registered sporting, one of those at Mr Lovatt's ground "Garlands". I'm sure you'll have a reasonable excuse for this, but when I look at other posters with positive attitudes within this thread we are looking at 20 to 50ish CPSA scores in a year.

I have met a number of people from this forum at shoots and all have been at the very least extremely friendly and best down right helpful in improving me as a shooter. Mr Lovatt although I have never been formally introduced stopped and spoke to me on my last visit to Weston Wood, asked my opinion on how the shoot was going during my round, I said it was tough for me but fun, I mentioned my reservations of one certain stand that I was about to shoot. He got off his quad bike, watched me shoot and let me make my mistakes and then offered some advice on how I should of attacked the problems presented to me within the cage! This again in my opinion is going above and beyond and one of the reasons i'm sure his turnouts exceed 100 entries on any given day!

I look forward to reading your negative responses and my attempted character assassination!

Merry Christmas. R x.

post-2976-0-35649400-1419013440.jpg

. another derailed thread.

Instead of looking at how little a shoot should cost to enter, how cheap you can get your cartridges and how much margin is there on a gun sale, maybe the real question should be, what I am prepared to pay to save the sport I love? Grounds are closing, noise complaints on the rise, the anti's gaining momentum, the Government are looking to tighten gun control and now the old bill want to interview your neighbours to see if you ever lose your temper....

Entries should be £50, give the ground owners a reason to keep the shoot running and not turn into a solar farm, cartridges should be priced to help manufacturers develop environmentally friendly wads and it should be mandatory to be a member of a governing body, one that will use that membership fund to defend all attacks on shooting sports and pointless lead ban threats.....

Madmatt you forgot the insurance also offered by the governing bodies.

How many shoot without insurance.

Another reason for needing to be a member.

I don't care how much I have to pay as long as I can afford it.

I applaud good shoots.

Agreed but lets not get too carried away with the entry fee's now  :nyam:  

My point is, sometimes to hold on to something you enjoy doing you to pay a little extra. Plus people would vote with their feet and therefore grounds would improve facilities, target presentation etc in order to attract as many shooters as they can. Just ask Steve, good targets and facilities (mostly) and his shoots now get healthy numbers which then leads to Steve being asked to put on more shoots and so on. Of course they will be the naysayers but eventually they will die off and find another hobby to whinge and moan about...

matt you are spot on , i have no intention in hiking up entry fees , but as you say in the ten years i have been doing this i can name at least 10 grounds that are not there now or dont hold reg shoots any more 

tebbys please introduce yourself next time as im not into forum names much as you could probably gather 

Oh by the way talking of bolloxs it time you grew a set because you didn't have any on the White gold when it came to the shoot off and people where not there on the published time you just sat with your head down and let the wife take the stick

Rant over
I would just like to point out that Mrs L does not take s**t from anyone and is quite capable of dealing with ratty shooters if needs be. She does not need her husband to deal with it. We're in the 21st century and she is his equal in their business although I bet she wears the trousers at home .

Your comments Mr Lovett seem to make you God !

When did you have the right to ban a Cpsa member from shooting a Cpsa registered event I was not aware that you were on the Cpsa commettie and had this right the Cpsa should consider if you are a fit person to hold registered shoots .

It appears that you cannot take criticism at all and what has happened to the freedom of free speech

Perhaps you should give up the registered shoots so you can have every thing your own way
honestly, what is up with you? don't get me wrong by most standards I'm a grumpy "Banker" I mean I even claim not to have friends and just associates. but you sir are a different league you make it look like Pharrell wrote a song about me being very joyous!!

£50 is too much for a Sunday 100 reg. If the price gets to that level then a lot more shooters will pack it in and end up shooting straw balers. I think £40 is as high as it can go at the moment - and it needs to be a special place for that too. Good parking, good toilets, good food and at least 12 stands with competent refs. There are grounds providing most of this and they don't charge that price - yet!

£50 is too much for a Sunday 100 reg. If the price gets to that level then a lot more shooters will pack it in and end up shooting straw balers. I think £40 is as high as it can go at the moment - and it needs to be a special place for that too. Good parking, good toilets, good food and at least 12 stands with competent refs. There are grounds providing most of this and they don't charge that price - yet!

This is what I was trying to say about Horne (you've put it better than I managed) they don't have the facilities but do charge near on that amount!

Back