CPSA Premier League 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More importantly (for those of us that can't shoot for toffee) what's happening with the Clubman Leagues?

The Hampshire Clubman is up and running but still trying to sort dates for the Kent & Sussex one... Hopefully in the next few days

Yepity  upside down for me here -  Gmail, Firefox  win 7 ... 

And even if it was the right way up, Its still an epic fail for the reflection of the photographer in the cup  doh  ;)

:santa: x

Well that was a long round! A big entry plus a computer problem meant 200 shooters on the course first thing. 3.5 hours to get me around.. Great to shoot this ground though and a good set of targets. You really had to read them carefully over the valley. Martin Myers leading on a meteoric 98 when I left. Ridiculous score. The next person was on 92 at that stage but some good names still to finish. I think it was a 93 HG type of course, so I was fairly happy with my 86, although I felt I dropped 2 or 3 at the end due to being out too long on what was a cold morning.

I dropped clays all over the place. Shot the valley well then due to being cold and waiting a lot like 20 odd shooters in front on many stands. I switched off. Fair play to those who shot well they just rise above it. To the berk who decided to come around the front of the cage to deposit his empty cartridge box in the bin whilst I was shooting - can you do it again as  I straighted that one. 

Why do shoots not put toilets out? 4 hours to shoot in cold conditions 200-300 people, is testing the best pee holders. Only one sit down toilet in the barn area. Come on we all need to take a pi**. £40 / round and no toilets.   

The clays were first class but I found a lot of aspects of this shoot hard work.

Really great set of targets, hit the hard stuff, missed the easy.

Just shy of 4hrs to get round which was a chore, but testamount to the quality of the ground, course setter and Premier league organisation!

Will probably go a bit later to the next one.

200-300 entries! That's where everyone went! Popped into Horne late this morning just after 12 noon. Was card 60 somthing. Wandered from empty stand to empty stand, finished in less than a hour. Quite surreal! 

Seems they didn't expect such a big turn out either speaking to the staff. I didn't have to queue too long for the toilets myself but with just 1 gents it was pushing it.

Started off very poor on stands 1 and 2 but managed to shoot the latter stands much better and put in a respectable (for me on my 2nd registered ever) 66.

We turned up later and started shooting about 11:30 but still took quite a time to get around due to a fair few trap faults.

Enjoyable day out and looking forward to the 2nd round at WLSS. Shame it's nearly 2 months away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really great set of targets, hit the hard stuff, missed the easy.

Just shy of 4hrs to get round which was a chore, but testamount to the quality of the ground, course setter and Premier league organisation!

Will probably go a bit later to the next one.
Think I saw you in the queue for the last but one stand inside the fence enclosure. You had a DC Shoes or similar cap on?

Think I saw you in the queue for the last but one stand inside the fence enclosure. You had a DC Shoes or similar cap on?
That was me, couldn't hit the right to left on that one, say hi next time, always please to meet folks from the forum

Took me just about 4 hours to get round. Was bloody frozen, could have done with a coffee bar and portable toilets at the back end of the course. Laura with us was breaking her neck for a pee. I was too but managed to find a quite spot in the woods :).

Could have done with more trap fillers too, the poor lads were kept busy and with only one person filling the traps over 3 stands, meaning all 3 had to stop shooting for ages (just as I stepped in) was a pain.

I shot 80 but by stand 7 I was ready to leave, lost a lot of stupid ones due to having the hump and shooting way to fast! Could of maybe should of been a 90 round for me.

Got to Westfield just in time and managed a 103 x 120 which I was happy with after a day like that.

That was me, couldn't hit the right to left on that one, say hi next time, always please to meet folks from the forum
I hadnt seen you on here before - just recognised your face on here afterwards :)

I had a mixed bag on that stand finished on a 5. Stand 10 with simo pair inc a battue a lot of people before me struggled with, I was happy to hit my last two pairs. My whole scorecard seems to show me missing the first pair and then hitting the rest.  

Back