Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superfast plastics £267 a thousand!! I was buying them locally 2 years ago for £184!

You have to wonder how JC survive.

PM.
I wonder if it’s like petrol stations. You have one lot that go for cheapest prices and high turnover while others put mad prices on and rely upon a large group of motorists who don’t even look at the price. Lots of profit on fewer sales may well work out. 

I wonder if it’s like petrol stations. You have one lot that go for cheapest prices and high turnover while others put mad prices on and rely upon a large group of motorists who don’t even look at the price. Lots of profit on fewer sales may well work out. 
The group who don't look at prices will be shrinking by the day! If you drive out your way for cartridges then the £15 delivery charge is good value but the price of the shells needs to be competitive.

Express are also going up again so no doubt Gamebore will follow.

PM.

Can see hull going out of business the seem to be the firm with the most price rises

Not seeing reduced numbers shooting at the grounds, in fact never seen it so busy. Time will tell, doubt they will go out of business though. 
Doesn't mean their using Hull though, loved their Sporing 100 but soon fell out and divorced when they hiked their prices up  😉

Last edited by a moderator:
JC has been around for yonks, and for yonks a comment "don't know how they survive" is tagged to them, survive? the place is huge, much larger than their previous building, they must turn over huge amounts of product, no Ive no inkling / insight into the business, yes Ive bought stuff from them before & when I did so it was comparable to prices locally, in a time of rapidly increases in the price of everything, is the stock being turned over quicker than other places therefore new product is in the place at a higher cost price than others? Who knows, do have the feeling that we've not seen the end of the rises in cartridge cost, as others have pointed out when comes the tipping point for some? me Ive not got one in mind as yet, yet.

The subject of which I earwigged a few old timers rabbit about recently, they were of the opinion that the cost of 1000 carts is, in real terms cheaper now than 20/30 years ago, now these chaps were the sort to shoot a fair bit even back then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't mean their using Hull though, loved their Sporing 100 but soon fell out and divorced when they hiked their prices up  😉
Exactly ! Liked Hull myself but do not buy them anymore.  More and more people I know have changed their normal cartridge preference and now go for cheap options.  

They still break the Clay's and you may find them a little harsher and bumpier, however they don't bump your wallet as much and that's now the most important factor.

I managed to pick up clever 28gm T1 shells yesterday £212 a thousand and 24gm £209 a thousand, Hull, Eley, Express et al are pricing themselves out of the market 

I’ve been shooting 24 gm shells for some time and can honestly say I think they are as good or if not better than 28gm being cheaper, quicker and pattern better and mostly less recoil.  A pal of mine has been shooting them for years and does not appear to be at any disadvantage.

My shooting has gone downhill a bit lately but that’s due to getting over a major operation and not the cartridges!

I am so glad I bulk bought at Clark’s if Walsham less than 3 weeks ago. They have hiked their prices this week….

Next we will have the price increase due to fuel costs. It’s endless, more worryingly In the future I can’t see prices ever coming down

Next we will have the price increase due to fuel costs. It’s endless, more worryingly In the future I can’t see prices ever coming down
They never have in my lifetime! If I had the funds I'd buy a pallet of entry level fiocchi or cheddites now.

They'd prove a good buy in the months to come.

PM. 

They never have in my lifetime! If I had the funds I'd buy a pallet of entry level fiocchi or cheddites now.

They'd prove a good buy in the months to come.

PM. 
My advice, put it out of your mind and buy what you can afford when you can afford it. Until you can’t either afford it or you get fed up of the cost, Otherwise it will spoil your shooting. We’ll see more price rises that’s for sure. 

Bornaghi sport cost 21 cent in January, now 25 Cent.

All ammo costs are rising here in Germany, .45acp and 375mag also cost 3-4 euros more

I bought 750 superfast Plas wad the other day for £177 (£59 a slab, £236 a thou) The shop owner informed me that was the last lot of superfast at the old prices. New delivery coming last week at new prices.

As an aside the AA/RAC note that fuel prices in the UK haven't dropped as they should with the decrease in fuel tax

Now thats unusual for the UK  'aka Trasure Island' 😉 😄

I bought 750 superfast Plas wad the other day for £177 (£59 a slab, £236 a thou) The shop owner informed me that was the last lot of superfast at the old prices. New delivery coming last week at new prices.
Super fast plas wad £263 today at Emmett and Stone, Bucks. Usually sensibly priced place. 

The fibres are thumpy. The plas are very smooth indeed. 
Agreed, used to shoot SF plastic, vary capable cartridge indeed, had become the go to cartridge for many in recent years. Also not a fan of the Fibre especially through the DT11. 

Back