Any personal goals for the 2017 season?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2017 for me; Sporting is going ok so would just like to continue with a small improvement. That is all I can realistically ask unless I go mad and start shooting twice as many shells and get coached.

The realistic thing to work on would be to become less rubbish at FSP and STR which I usually struggle with, but I'll still view these as fun side-events really. It would be nice to go up a class or two in each though! Room for improvement.

I may do a bit more coaching too, which I started then stopped over the winter. (C and B class competition shooters. It's great to get people hitting stuff they struggled with. Very satisfying). 

ok I have decided.

vastly improve my sporting shooting at small unregistered local grounds purely to improve my game and roost shooting for 17-18 season.

shoot some more simulated driven days.

enjoy pulling the trigger again without the pressure of the actual outcome.

shoot a few driven days other than my syndicate and estate shoot.

practice my double trigger on the SxS

. Current average is mid-60's, if I can deal with some of the above then I would hope to be nudging B by the end of the year.
Didn't quite follow the plan and finished 52 on a 72.2 average. Looks like B for me next period.

Didn't quite follow the plan and finished 52 on a 72.2 average. Looks like B for me next period.
Im confused. That average will get you into the middle of B class?

I managed to end on 79 so should be enough to get me into A where I can save some money going Birds Only haha. Will be tough jump trying to get into AA next especially as the cutoffs only ever seem to increase.

My target of shooting more registereds started well but has tailed off recently with weekend tied up with other commitments and the ones I had free nothing much on unless I want to drive 90mins + each way. I will admit to being envious of these folks on FB that are hitting 3 or more shoots a week.

After a few years charging around doing as much competition skeet as possible, being involved in BSSA and helping run NSSA skeet at a local club. I have a few more simple goals for 2017.

1). Have fun.

2). Spend time shooting with wife lady rather than both shooting differing disciplines at opposite ends of the country all the time.

3). Avoid getting wet shooting - it's just not fun!

4). Shoot what i like, when i like, where i like.

5). Remove myself from any form of responsibility for running / admin shoots or associations.
Well i am still on target....

Numbers 1, 2 and 4 - going exactly to plan.

Number 3 - not been rained on yet, BUT i did get caught in a small snow shower one day :-( 

Number 5 - Objective achieved.

Im confused. That average will get you into the middle of B class?
Exactly. I was expecting to be edging towards B class by the end of the year, I'm in the middle of it only half way through.

Aim for the rest of the year is to try to stay there!

Only two personal goals for me.

1  to miss less

2 to hit more.

I think if I master the first the second will be easier.
1. can be achieved very very easy dont shoot so many shoots

2. Not quite so simple

My goal is to get fit enough to walk around a  shoot, shot twice since October, 1 of which is when i buggered my back up!  I will see if i can get around Horne on Sunday. :smile:

A 100/300 in DTL . constantly close but no cigar have gotten the 100 a few times but the 300 eludes me 

hoping to change the gun for a DT10 
To add to this .

I have since changed my gun. Didnt go with a DT10 in the end . I went with a Zoli Kronos Trap which after doing a bit of shooting with both i preferred the zoli.

And I have recently started shooting ABT and just yesterday shot my first ever registered OT shoot. Absolutely unreal fun . So fast and furious. No time to think just react. Think im hooked . .

So new aim is to hit 25 straight in OT. Hit 23 yesterday . So i think 25 is achieveable .

Got 80 overall yesterday . Dont know if thats any good but i was happy considering the speed difference over what im used to and it being my first shoot .

And in ABT im hoping to hit 75 straight and >95 overall in ABT best so far is 50 straight and 93 overall over the 3 shoots ive done 

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to this .

I have since changed my gun. Didnt go with a DT10 in the end . I went with a Zoli Kronos Trap which after doing a bit of shooting with both i preferred the zoli.

And I have recently started shooting ABT and just yesterday shot my first ever registered OT shoot. Absolutely unreal fun . So fast and furious. No time to think just react. Think im hooked . .

So new aim is to hit 25 straight in OT. Hit 23 yesterday . So i think 25 is achieveable .

Got 80 overall yesterday . Dont know if thats any good but i was happy considering the speed difference over what im used to and it being my first shoot .

And in ABT im hoping to hit 75 straight and >95 overall in ABT best so far is 50 straight and 93 overall over the 3 shoots ive done 
Wooo busted one of my goals open today. Before today my best in 1 line of OT was 23 . In my first line today i hit 24 breaking my previous record. Then in the line after that i got my first straight 25 was absolutely buzzing . Then in the line after that i got another straight 25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had lads looking at me like who dafuq is this guy haha. Went down hill a bit after that i hit 22 but still . Im Absolutely shaking after it ? what a feeling

Last edited by a moderator:
Back