New old gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Well after seven years away from clay shooting i finally shot my new, 28 year old MK38 trap gun yesterday.
I’ve had it since last year and spent time getting it into fairly decent shape, it was a little tatty when I got it.
My nearest ground only shoots DTL, which I’ve not shot in maybe 12 years, I mostly shot ABT or OT.
So how did it go? Crap! Just as I thought it would 😂
As for the gun, well it shoots just like any other Miroku I’ve owned, better than I do. 😂
To say it patterns tight is an understatement. Yes it’s 3/4 and Full as it should be and like most other Miroku trap guns I’ve owned, the choke size on the tubes is rather optimistic.
I couldn’t get the shells I’ve used previously, Fiocchi FBlack or RC4 Redshot. So I ended up with Eley Olympic Blues 24grm, never used them before and I don’t know how tight they are. But they work well enough.
I have to say that Miroku really do make exceptional guns for the money. Even at 28 years old the gun still shoots incredibly well, I wish I did. 😂
Yes I’ve shot several Perazzi’s, K80, various Berettas, but I always end up coming back to Miroku.
Being old and tatty I got the gun for sensible money, less than some so called starter/budget guns.
So i would recommend anyone looking for a decent or entry level gun, don’t buy new, go find an old Miroku.

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
You can spend a lot of money hoping you're getting a "better" gun, but you're not.

Good post.:D

I do 90% of my shooting with a 38 trap . GD5 bought second hand £2000 , long Teagues £650 , A bit of cast and a Kickeeze pad courtesy of Nigel Teague gun fitting service £250 including a fitting session . Had it serviced by Brian Webster and a J and P springs £50 spring kit , around £80 labour . Shot it for 5 years about 30,000 rounds , only extra maintenance pulling and cleaning the firing pins myself once a year . I had it serviced again last year it’s still tight , shoots better than I do , gets used for everything sporting clays , sim days , driven days . I’m going to get the barrels refinished in a best London black as a thank you to it for its service !

I use mostly olympic blues as they are good value and consistent in patterning.
In reality they are my go to cartridge.

Well after seven years away from clay shooting i finally shot my new, 28 year old MK38 trap gun yesterday.
I’ve had it since last year and spent time getting it into fairly decent shape, it was a little tatty when I got it.
My nearest ground only shoots DTL, which I’ve not shot in maybe 12 years, I mostly shot ABT or OT.
As for the gun, well it shoots just like any other Miroku I’ve owned, better than I do. 😂
To say it patterns tight is an understatement. Yes it’s 3/4 and Full as it should be and like most other Miroku trap guns I’ve owned, the choke size on the tubes is rather optimistic.
I couldn’t get the shells I’ve used previously, Fiocchi FBlack or RC4 Redshot. So I ended up with Eley Olympic Blues 24grm, never used them before and I don’t know how tight they are. But they work well enough.
I have to say that Miroku really do make exceptional guns for the money. Even at 28 years old the gun still shoots incredibly well, I wish I did. 😂
Yes I’ve shot several Perazzi’s, K80, various Berettas, but I always end up coming back to Miroku.
Being old and tatty I got the gun for sensible money, less than some so called starter/budget guns.
So i would recommend anyone looking for a decent or entry level gun, don’t buy new, go find an old Miroku.
You landed on your feet with that 👌

Hi Les, a totally unmolested 20 year old MK38 grade 3 32" trap gun, has found it's way into my gun cabinet in the last week. I think it's an old geezer thing😁😁😁

Hi Les, a totally unmolested 20 year old MK38 grade 3 32" trap gun, has found it's way into my gun cabinet in the last week. I think it's an old geezer thing😁😁😁
Well me old mate, I reckon you’re right, it’s an old geezer thing!
We can still remember the days , say from the 80’s , maybe to the early 2000’s when Miroku’s were everywhere. Some well known shooters in all disciplines used them to win just about everything in sight.
The likes of Peter Croft, John Grice, Ian Peel, Mickey Rouse, Graham Stirzaker, Kevin Gill to name but a few.
I will never get back to shooting anything like the amount I used to, funds and distance to grounds just won’t permit it. So I will just shoot crap, but at least I know I will be shooting crap with a make of gun that, to some of us, has almost become a legend.

Miroku were always a very popular gun, the story goes, that Miroku copied Browning in Japan, Browning sent people over to stop their production, but were so impressed with the set up and quality they allowed them to continue production.

Latest posts

Back