Any personal goals for the 2017 season?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goal was to master my emotions FAIL and to improve my driven and teal - still work in progress.  It was a mixed period, some highlights and some days best forgotten.  A trial during Lola’s absence having to use borrowed guns was the low point with the exception of scoring 90/100 at Compak.  How I do not know.  Then the excitement a couple of months back when Dora came into my life and that has gone relatively well.  Successes for me were:

County badges for Fitasc, Compak, Sporting and Sportrap and missing All Round by one clay.

South of England and South East of England Sportrap and Sporting

National Intercounties Ladies team win for Sporting with Jane Bennett where we both scored 81 each and were 5 clays ahead of the runners up.

getting into the Final for the British Open at West Midlands SG

I will not be moving up a class but that’s okay by me.  I’ve shot 154 registered  shoots from last November that is 16150 registered targets in all types of weather all over the place.  

going into the next period determined to just have fun but try to give it my all whilst doing so.

Cut off was 76.5ish last time, doubt it will have dropped.
Sorry, was thinking of B..

I can’t match Sian for number of shoots! Highest amount in the UK Sian? But I have done more than ever this period and it helps. Have gelled with my gun, now a year on with it and have my highest average ever, so if nothing else it proves I’m a slow learner. 

My goal was to master my emotions FAIL and to improve my driven and teal - still work in progress.  It was a mixed period, some highlights and some days best forgotten.  A trial during Lola’s absence having to use borrowed guns was the low point with the exception of scoring 90/100 at Compak.  How I do not know.  Then the excitement a couple of months back when Dora came into my life and that has gone relatively well.  Successes for me were:

County badges for Fitasc, Compak, Sporting and Sportrap and missing All Round by one clay.

South of England and South East of England Sportrap and Sporting

National Intercounties Ladies team win for Sporting with Jane Bennett where we both scored 81 each and were 5 clays ahead of the runners up.

getting into the Final for the British Open at West Midlands SG

I will not be moving up a class but that’s okay by me.  I’ve shot 154 registered  shoots from last November that is 16150 registered targets in all types of weather all over the place.  

going into the next period determined to just have fun but try to give it my all whilst doing so.
Sixteen thousand one hundred and fifty. Iam reading that correctly?

Initially I only wanted to stay in B class for one period but now I’m actually glad that I’m going to miss ‘A’ by 1-2%.

Ive got a new gun on the way and this gives me the winter to get settled with it and push on. 

My long term end goal still remains. England Badge. 

I don’t think I’ve ever shot a ground and not seen Sians name on the score board ?

Initially I only wanted to stay in B class for one period but now I’m actually glad that I’m going to miss ‘A’ by 1-2%.

Ive got a new gun on the way and this gives me the winter to get settled with it and push on. 

My long term end goal still remains. England Badge. 

I don’t think I’ve ever shot a ground and not seen Sians name on the score board ?
I’m like a bad smell ?

Yes

I’m like a bad smell ?...........................thats where its coming from  :huh:

I’ve managed to stay in A class for ESP which was my main goal for this period. Although my average has dropped from about 81% to 80%. It’s a super competitive class coming up from B and I have yet to manage top 3 let alone win my class. Unless scoring a low 90’s score you have no chance. At least I have saved some money shooting mostly birds only :)

Need to work on improving my consistency and ruling out those bad rounds as my scores of late have been like a yo-yo. Need to get myself organised for next year and get booked onto some majors.

For Sportrap I will likely end up in AAA. After shooting just two 50 bird registered my average is 92% as the lower score was dropped. It makes a mockery of the classification system that one good shoot and I can jump from unclassified to AAA. Not a major issue for me as don’t plan to shoot that much of it – just tried a couple of mid weeks at Owls Lodge when the sun was out.

Given it some thought and goals for 2018 are:

- Keep the numbers of Reg shoots up and try to average two per month through the year

- Break the barrier I seem to have with scoring 80% or higher.  I've had three 79's in the last period, but only one 81.  For some reason when I start looking like I'm going to get into the 80's I mess up a stand.  Need to stop thinking about my score and just focus on shooting the next target.

- Get my ESP average at 75% or above

- Maybe try a Reg shoot at another discipline, if I can fit one in.  Skeet at Dartford is probably do-able for me and shouldn't harm the sporting performance.

Practice enough that I have the b**ls to do a registered comp in 2018...

Turned up at AGL on Friday and really should have done the monthly shoot (especially since I hardly ever get to "work from home" on a Friday) but bottled it and did some pay'n'play instead.

Practice enough that I have the b**ls to do a registered comp in 2018...

Turned up at AGL on Friday and really should have done the monthly shoot (especially since I hardly ever get to "work from home" on a Friday) but bottled it and did some pay'n'play instead.
You should have.  You probably shot all the same targets anyway!

You should have.  You probably shot all the same targets anyway!
Seriously you don't need round fuzzies just get on with it.  Just accept you may not get what you want as a score from the registered as it is different to practise.  Should let us know where you will be as you most likely find one of us there.

With regard to shooting same targets, now that you have mentioned it,  I heard the same thing from someone who had gone there for a play a month or so back and then came for the registered and found just that.  Not good really if that is the case, have you found that Bebo?  

I've only done one lot of practice at AGL and didn't do a Reg shoot there until some time later, so the targets were different.  What I meant was that on Friday quite a few people were shooting the CPSA reg stands but weren't part of the competition, so if he was there on Friday he probably did the same.  There weren't any really soft targets there on Friday, but I would have only called three or four of them particularly challenging (the battue needed the sort of lead that you don't often see at club shoots).

This is the first year I don't have goals. I have to work out what I want, and there is no point wanting something I can't have due to lack of time or money. Maybe if I stay off the clays for long enough I can buy a dry fire system and practice as much as I like :)
Jack of all disciplines, master of none, that's me this year. Having said that, for the very few clays I have shot I have managed to improve. I felt like I was getting better at sporting, but then I shot the County sportrap and felt like I had wasted £60. I shan't bother again. My game day went really well, and I have two more booked this season. Sporting can stay fun until I have the time to be out more. I brought a couple more ladies into County shooting, so if I don't turn up next year I won't be missed.

The County team shot the NIC All Round and came second. We reckon that the afternoon hurricane gave the morning shooters an advantage we can claim back next year. I may have to go and do lots of DTL to learn it properly. Also need to sort out my ABT hold height after a stock replacement. Skeet went well this year, I went up 5 points in my PB and had best first round and best ever round at the NIC. So some forward motion this year. 

Seriously you don't need round fuzzies just get on with it.  Just accept you may not get what you want as a score from the registered as it is different to practise.  Should let us know where you will be as you most likely find one of us there.

With regard to shooting same targets, now that you have mentioned it,  I heard the same thing from someone who had gone there for a play a month or so back and then came for the registered and found just that.  Not good really if that is the case, have you found that Bebo?  
I shoot at AGL most Saturdays - the stands for the reg shoot were almost all changed from what they were the previous weekend, plus they put on at least 3, maybe 4, extra stands that aren’t normally on the course and not available for pay’n’play

I shoot at AGL most Saturdays - the stands for the reg shoot were almost all changed from what they were the previous weekend, plus they put on at least 3, maybe 4, extra stands that aren’t normally on the course and not available for pay’n’play
You definitely should have shouted on here for company, if it would have made you feel better about doing your first Reg shoot.  I was on my own and would have shot round with you and shown you exactly how to miss!

You definitely should have shouted on here for company, if it would have made you feel better about doing your first Reg shoot.  I was on my own and would have shot round with you and shown you exactly how to miss!
I’ll do that next time I am free on a Friday at the end of the month, thanks

I started late this year, my goal for the year was simply get my licence and have a go.... mission achieved! :D

Next year will be actually taking part in some registered sporting shoots and trying to achieve 60% hit...

My goals for this year and going into 2018 are:

To hit more than 50% of the overall amount (I can do it)

Try some more registered clayshoots and shoot better...

Have a lesson with Ben Husthwaite which I'm getting for christmas

Beat my friend DavidJ (my clay shooting mentor ?) (once will be enough) i managed it a few weeks ago on 2 stands...

Back