Any personal goals for the 2017 season?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As well as trying to stay in B class for the next period, I'd like to hit another 80+ score at a Registered shoot and to get a few more scores above the A class threshold.  I'm putting in 70+ fairly consistently of late, but need to keep pushing a bit more.

I've achieved a number of my goals for 2017 already. The next tangible one is to get a 90/100 at sporting!
Same for me. 88 is my PB just need that extra concentration to pick up a few more birds

And to stay in A class in Dec by more consistent scoring and improving on my bogey target types. Bit up and down of late. 88 one week 68 the next.

Improve consistency, become emotionLESS, gain back the percent I have lost due to using other guns during Lola May's absence!  

I have only 1 ambition for this year, and next year.

And that is to get my two years as UT rep out of the bloody way. Then I can start concentrating on my shooting again!! 

Mutley, I shall never forgive you for talking me into it   :angry:

DT

I have only 1 ambition for this year, and next year.

And that is to get my two years as UT rep out of the bloody way. Then I can start concentrating on my shooting again!! 

Mutley, I shall never forgive you for talking me into it   :angry:

DT
Slacker, I had from 1990 to 2009 and I still didn't get the T shirt.

You are obviously made of sterner stuff than me Phil !

but you knew that already :)

DT
Just give yourself half a chance, it was baffling to me at the beginning. You've got to learn the ropes to gain the experience that will stand you in good stead for future years and trips.

I did manage to get to AA in June which I was delighted with, along with getting a couple of sponsorships along the way.  Been really fortunate as I've not looked for it but I've been rewarded for putting lots of hard work in.

Now I just want to carry on improving, and jump to another level of consistency, getting to high 80s/early 90s on a regular basis.

I did manage to get to AA in June which I was delighted with, along with getting a couple of sponsorships along the way.  Been really fortunate as I've not looked for it but I've been rewarded for putting lots of hard work in.

Now I just want to carry on improving, and jump to another level of consistency, getting to high 80s/early 90s on a regular basis.
good for you mate, very well done ?

For me - 

#1. Thoroughly enjoy all the England DTL & ABT selection shoots and realise my dream of making the England Shooting team.

#2. Win another county Championship 

#3. Continue to improve my consistency at DTL & ABT 
Just seen this from Jan 6th this year -

England DTL team  :thumbsup:

England ABT team  :thumbsup:

no county championships but can't complain at x 2 England caps  :frantics:

Well, I'm brand new to clay shooting, so I hope to learn generally so I know what the heck is what this year!

I haven't shot sporting (apart from a few during basic lessons), so I'd like to try that later in the year. For now, I've shot English skeet, literally just 3 times, 100 carts on each. For two of the sessions I kept score. First was 52/100, second was 57/100. I've no idea how good, bad or indifferent this is for a complete beginner, but my goal is to be getting perhaps 75/100 by the summer...

Happy new year all!

I'm edging a little closer - today I beat my previous PB at English Skeet . I shot a 74/100, up from my previous PB of 63/100. I'm gradually getting better - I hope!

Shot my last Reg shoot of the period on Friday at AGL.  Managed my second half year target of staying in B class.  Average improved slightly (was 72.2% on first getting into B in June).  Need to start thinking about next years goals.  Probably too soon to be looking at moving up to A in 2018. I'd like to get closer by the end of the year though.

Capture.PNG

Shot my last Reg shoot of the period on Friday at AGL.  Managed my second half year target of staying in B class.  Average improved slightly (was 72.2% on first getting into B in June).  Need to start thinking about next years goals.  Probably too soon to be looking at moving up to A in 2018. I'd like to get closer by the end of the year though.

View attachment 6862
You will be in A December 1st with that average.

Back