Any personal goals for the 2017 season?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reviewing the last few months I really think that my major goal for the year should be to try my very best to stay well enough to shoot regularly. That probably means avoiding freezing fog and very cold days, the last period of which left me with bronchitis. That's probably the most important aspiration, which of course isn't just shooting related! I will also avoid shooting when I'm not up to it. The spirit of "press on regardless" is no longer applicable!

I'm planning to travel further afield, registered ESP isn't a reliably regular possibility in Dorset, and I must grit my teeth and do the mileage. I seem to remember saying much the same about travelling last year, and I've spectacularly failed to follow it up save for a single enjoyable visit to Ower, where I really hope to see some registered shoots in the coming months. 

My own performance goals are simple - to improve where I can! I really have to work on consistency, and chisel away at that irritating phenomenon of hitting the dam' thing on the first three pairs then drifting off it. So concentrating on what I actually can do, and doing it reliably, is important.

I plan no changes to gun, chokes, cartridges or other kit. I'm happy with my F3, the temptation to fiddle with the stock weights will be resisted. Any missed targets are down to me alone.

And possibly the most difficult goal is to do more of it.

The target has now become consistency which is mainly down to concentration and focus...i to seem to suffer from drift as Charles.

My main issue is queue length,when excessive i struggle to switch on again when my turn.

The target has now become consistency which is mainly down to concentration and focus...i to seem to suffer from drift as Charles.

My main issue is queue length,when excessive i struggle to switch on again when my turn.
One of those electronic pain relief machines, with the electrodes on your manly bits,  a quick jolt would soon sharpen your focus no doubt........

I would try it and report back, but it would also stop my pacemaker and fire my ICD, so I will have to let you trial it..... :angel:

One of those electronic pain relief machines, with the electrodes on your manly bits,  a quick jolt would soon sharpen your focus no doubt........

I would try it and report back, but it would also stop my pacemaker and fire my ICD, so I will have to let you trial it..... :angel:
Will give it a try...do they do a 240v version?

Stocked up for the time being - got those for 2016 prices...settled for Intercomp HV 24g plas 2.3mm this season - aim is constant 90% (-2%) in sporting and 95% in trap, once there I will be looking for some "better" ones :)

2017-02-17 16.28.47-1.jpg

Well...It is just a plan...that might be prolonged into 2018...and further :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only been shooting for about 11 months - entering my first registered this month. Goals for this year are to be competitive in C class, and possibly even come towards the top of a few! Certainly progressed well so fingers crossed.

A 100/300 in DTL . constantly close but no cigar have gotten the 100 a few times but the 300 eludes me 

hoping to change the gun for a DT10 

I've only been shooting for about 11 months - entering my first registered this month. Goals for this year are to be competitive in C class, and possibly even come towards the top of a few! Certainly progressed well so fingers crossed.
Good luck. Its an addictive sport. I took a few months off from registereds over winter and whilst waiting for a new gun to arrive. As soon as I started again end of Feb I can't help but look at when the next shoot is and what other dates I can book up. Not quite got to the stage of wanting to do 2-3 shoots a day like some others - one is enough for me :)

Good luck. Its an addictive sport. I took a few months off from registereds over winter and whilst waiting for a new gun to arrive. As soon as I started again end of Feb I can't help but look at when the next shoot is and what other dates I can book up. Not quite got to the stage of wanting to do 2-3 shoots a day like some others - one is enough for me :)
Thanks, I've had quite a lot of lessons last year. Been practicing a lot this year, at least once a week so feel ready now..I hope  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I've had quite a lot of lessons last year. Been practicing a lot this year, at least once a week so feel ready now..I hope  :lol:
Are you shooting ESP?

Just jump in. I wish I had done one earlier as the best way to improve yourself by tracking your progress and shooting lots of different targets. Its human nature to worry if you are good enough, do I know all the rules etc but its such a friendly sport. Other shooters and even the refs are always willing to help if they see you are new to it or struggling with something.

A 100/300 in DTL . constantly close but no cigar have gotten the 100 a few times but the 300 eludes me 

hoping to change the gun for a DT10 
good luck to you.

I have never done a 300 in 31 years , even with four different DT10s ?

Are you shooting ESP?

Just jump in. I wish I had done one earlier as the best way to improve yourself by tracking your progress and shooting lots of different targets. Its human nature to worry if you are good enough, do I know all the rules etc but its such a friendly sport. Other shooters and even the refs are always willing to help if they see you are new to it or struggling with something.
Yes ? I've done smaller no reg shoots and did quite well so I'm looking forward to it rather than being nervous. Come from other competitive sport background so can see it becoming addictive!

good luck to you.

I have never done a 300 in 31 years , even with four different DT10s ?
oh god dont tell me that haha . im shooing a miroku mk38 trap at the moment and it serves me well . shot a dt11 recently and loved it but its a bit outside the budget at the moment thats why i was looking at a DT10 . im only properly clay shooting DTL and ABT about 8 months . had guns for years but never did much with them . maybe im being a little too ambitious for my first year  :blink:

not at all Davy, I have known many trap shooters rise through the ranks quickly. Don't let my poor record cloud you. Crack on and good luck with your endeavours ?

Back