Any personal goals for the 2017 season?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done ! 25 straight at any form of trap is a great achievement.
Cheers . Was actually 2 clear rounds in a row. And the 24 i had in the round before that the one i dropped was the very first clay . All in all i hit 83 clays in a row in Olympic Trap /Trench . Cant believe it . Im still buzzing after it :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers . Was actually 2 clear rounds in a row. And the 24 i had in the round before that the one i dropped was the very first clay . All in all i hit 83 clays in a row in Olympic Trap /Trench . Cant believe it . Im still buzzing after it :-D
Keep it up there are not many who shoot back to back straights at FO .

Firstly get more lessons under my belt and get my SGC.

Had couple lessons and started getting the big.

id like to think i could replicate it but it was probably a fluke . beginners luck and all that  :D
To be honest I don't go with luck being responsible for breaking 25 FO targets on the trot... you can be on form but that is not luck. Doing well at trap shooting is all about focus and repetition ... now if only I could get this going I might not get the crap scores I get from time to time ... or is that time and again  :lol:  

Spend more time getting to know my 20bore as I didnt get much chance with it being new at the end of the game season just gone so come beaters days I shot like Stevie Wonder and I have vowed not to let that happen again ! So clays with the 12 until august time then its going to be the 20 for clays from September to get settled and also plenty of driven clay practise !

ATB

Matt 

To be honest I don't go with luck being responsible for breaking 25 FO targets on the trot... you can be on form but that is not luck. Doing well at trap shooting is all about focus and repetition ... now if only I could get this going I might not get the crap scores I get from time to time ... or is that time and again  :lol:  
Oh i dont know hahaha i went back today and shot some OT . Came crashing back to reality after last week . Had a horrendous time. After shooting a 24/25/25/22 last week  today i had a 21/20/19/13!!!! To be fair i think i just lost the head in the last round . I couldnt do anything right :-( 

Oh well there is always next time :-/ 

Oh i dont know hahaha i went back today and shot some OT . Came crashing back to reality after last week . Had a horrendous time. After shooting a 24/25/25/22 last week  today i had a 21/20/19/13!!!! To be fair i think i just lost the head in the last round . I couldnt do anything right :-( 

I think you will find that the previous scores were in your head while you were shooting. It is not easy to do but you have to forget everything that happened last time out and just concentrate on seeing the target, keeping your head down and shooting it. I shot in a UT comp the other weekend while in less than good nick. The second last round of the first day I managed to get something going and had shot the first 21 ... I then went on to miss the last four! Then in the next round I think I was just physically and mentally gone and scored a 10 ! I never got a decent score the entire weekend but I had health issues and also discovered something quite vital that I was doing wrong the whole weekend. I went out at the weekend to rectify my error and shot a nice 23 and 24 in training. These are good scores for me, I am not a great shot but if I could shoot to my abilities I should really get 22 or 23 every round ... I don't though ! Its all about concentrating on the job and thinking about nothing else... some are much better at it than others :)  The test next weekend is to replicate my good form from training in competition ! Training is fine but goes right out the window when you shoot a competitive round and have twenty or so other shooters watching on ... many of then much better than yourself :)  

one of two things happen in this scenario.

one is that following your previous good score you try very hard to replicate it thus you overthink you hang on the shot, your instinct goes out of the window and a contrived method takes over. Hence you shoot badly.

two .....cant think of a two....... See above.

I think you will find that the previous scores were in your head while you were shooting. It is not easy to do but you have to forget everything that happened last time out and just concentrate on seeing the target, keeping your head down and shooting it. I shot in a UT comp the other weekend while in less than good nick. The second last round of the first day I managed to get something going and had shot the first 21 ... I then went on to miss the last four! Then in the next round I think I was just physically and mentally gone and scored a 10 ! I never got a decent score the entire weekend but I had health issues and also discovered something quite vital that I was doing wrong the whole weekend. I went out at the weekend to rectify my error and shot a nice 23 and 24 in training. These are good scores for me, I am not a great shot but if I could shoot to my abilities I should really get 22 or 23 every round ... I don't though ! Its all about concentrating on the job and thinking about nothing else... some are much better at it than others :)  The test next weekend is to replicate my good form from training in competition ! Training is fine but goes right out the window when you shoot a competitive round and have twenty or so other shooters watching on ... many of then much better than yourself :)  
probably right lads it was on my mind alright . i have to ask jwpzx9r what does UT and FO mean i seen you mention them ?

UT = universal trench???

FO = ??

Last edited by a moderator:
f off

I believe

some weird French mallarkey take no notice ?

probably right lads it was on my mind alright . i have to ask jwpzx9r what does UT and FO mean i seen you mention them ?

UT = universal trench???

FO = ??
Down here the discipline names are FU (fosse universal) and FO (fosse Olympic) having never shot trap anywhere else I tend to use these names. 

Only started shooting in Nov and now competing with scores of 70/100 I am aiming to move up in a year in both sporting and FITASC 

I have achieved two objectives so far this year.

My principal one was to qualify for the Universal Trench Great Britain shooting team for the first time, which I did in second place in the Super Veteran category.  I'll be travelling to Megeve in the French Alps to compete in the World Championships in August.

The second was to qualify for the England ABT team again, I've been out of it for a couple of years. I ended up ranked 5th overall and first in the Super Veteran category so will be travelling to the land of Guinness for the Home International match in September. 

I have two objectives to go, win a medal at the World UT championships and be High Gun at the ABT Home International. 

My principal one was to qualify for the Universal Trench Great Britain shooting team for the first time, which I did in second place in the Super Veteran category.  I'll be travelling to Megeve in the French Alps to compete in the World Championships in August.

The second was to qualify for the England ABT team again, I've been out of it for a couple of years. I ended up ranked 5th overall and first in the Super Veteran category so will be travelling to the land of Guinness for the Home International match in September. 

I have two objectives to go, win a medal at the World UT championships and be High Gun at the ABT Home International. 
Well done and best of luck with both.

Very well done, 

Latest posts

Back