Trigger pulls

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the message Robert. I know what you mean about MX8's, great guns, I just wish I could get on with them,buy I can't. I shot in the same comp as Den last year,I only won my class but I think Den was high gun if I remember correctly. Yes he is a huge Miroku fan, he swears by them!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:fie:  Peter. whats the matter?  cant you sleep ? 4.39 am start! I cannot elieve this. :crazy:

Chippy that is pure falicy.

I have a s/h Citori that is possibly forty years old, bought with an eroded bottom firing pin which has still not been replaced and hasn't failed to fire yet.

My regular MK38  has had both pins and main springs changed as part of a reliability service two years ago but the old parts are servicable .

Never had a trigger pull issue and none have needed to be put back on face or tightened.

The real issue is that the firing pin protrusion may not be adequate. It needs to be checked and possibly adjusted if people do have a fail to fire situation.
Yes bottom pins can get a bit eroded/pitted and after a lot of heavy use the spings can weaken, but I never had a failure on either a spring or a pin in my old 3800. I had springs and pins changed in 1997/98 just as a precaution. To date I have never had any sort of failure on a Miroku. I bet the spings/pins on my DT11 won't last as long as those on a Miroku!!!! My Perazzi ones most certainly didn't, which is a shame because I love P guns!!!

'B' guns cannot be all that good ips , there were 5 in the final at Dubai out of 6 and they finished behind one of THEM guns.
4 out of 6...

And yes Krieghoff won and a Pereguini and vissini (sp!?) had highest shoot off score...

Trigger pulls- in short, unless they are miles too heavy or unsafe, don't worry about them. They will be about reason 173 on the list of things that caused you to miss.

Yes bottom pins can get a bit eroded/pitted and after a lot of heavy use the spings can weaken, but I never had a failure on either a spring or a pin in my old 3800. I had springs and pins changed in 1997/98 just as a precaution. To date I have never had any sort of failure on a Miroku. I bet the spings/pins on my DT11 won't last as long as those on a Miroku!!!! My Perazzi ones most certainly didn't, which is a shame because I love P guns!!!
Why do you say that? Beretta have rebounding hammers and the bottom pin is parallel to the top pin. Miroku don't have rebounding hammers and the bottom pin is angles down, not parallel. The angled bottom pin is probably why Miroku and Kreighoff have so many issues with bottom barrels failing to fire...?!?!

Thank you Ed, that is just the point I have tried to make on another thread, with regards to trigger pulls. Maybe your post will grab attention.

Chippy that is pure falicy.

I have a s/h Citori that is possibly forty years old, bought with an eroded bottom firing pin which has still not been replaced and hasn't failed to fire yet.

My regular MK38 has had both pins and main springs changed as part of a reliability service two years ago but the old parts are servicable .

Never had a trigger pull issue and none have needed to be put back on face or tightened.

The real issue is that the firing pin protrusion may not be adequate. It needs to be checked and possibly adjusted if people do have a fail to fire situation.
Yep my browning had this pin re ground a couple of mm and good to go, had a couple of fails to fire on bottom barrel that was the cause all sort by mr stepney in quick time he could have charged me for new pins and springs and I wouldn't have known but he didn't and that's why I use him and will continue too!

Trigger pulls- in short, unless they are miles too heavy or unsafe, don't worry about them. They will be about reason 173 on the list of things that caused you to miss.
I sure that you are right in most cases Ed but in my case I know that my heavy trigger pull is making me lose about 5 targets per round so its something I can change and improve.  My other misses in most cases I have no idea about because I'm too much of a beginner and need to build up the lead pictures, techniques and practice.  Its been put down to flinching in my lessons but I know that wasn't the case, proved today because I didn't flinch once with the low trigger weighted 682 trap gun.

Robert

your right, anything that you believe is a problem is a problem. Again i refer you to ignorance is bliss post.

Why do you say that? Beretta have rebounding hammers and the bottom pin is parallel to the top pin. Miroku don't have rebounding hammers and the bottom pin is angles down, not parallel. The angled bottom pin is probably why Miroku and Kreighoff have so many issues with bottom barrels failing to fire...?!?!
Basically its like this,v springs are more prone to failure than coils. Miroku pins get pitted a bit, beretta ones can also go the same and I have known them to chip too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back