Beretta 694 Trigger Pull Weight

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookyshot

Hi Everyone
I’ve recently started shooting A Beretta 694 which overall I really like.

The one negative I’m finding is that compared to other guns I’ve owned the trigger feels a touch heavy, which I’ve measured at just over 4lb with a digital trigger gauge compared to just over 3lb for my Silver Pigeon which I’ve upgraded from.

The 694 has shot about 1000 rounds now. Should I expect the trigger to lighten up at all with more use as the action beds in or will it need a trip to the gunsmith if I want a lighter trigger.

Any feed back appreciated, particularly if you’ve had a 680 or 690 series Beretta trigger worked on.

Many thanks and good shooting.

My 692 has about 1500g 1st and 1600g 2nd Trigger.
This can be adjusted by working on the notches on both ways.
I would shoot a few thousand more and check again. Under 1400g could be a bit too light in my opinion.

My 692 has about 1500g 1st and 1600g 2nd Trigger.
This can be adjusted by working on the notches on both ways.
I would shoot a few thousand more and check again. Under 1400g could be a bit too light in my opinion.
I was thinking that it may be best to get three or four thousand rounds through it before making any changes.

We were talking about shotgun triggers at the club this week and most of us said we never notice as we just yank on the trigger. But some said they squeeze so they notice a hard pull.

We were talking about shotgun triggers at the club this week and most of us said we never notice as we just yank on the trigger. But some said they squeeze so they notice a hard pull.
I also shoot a centre fire rifle that has a sub 2lb pull so I think switching between the two also makes it pretty noticeable.

I have a mate that should now be in 5k+ rounds on his 694, I'll ask if the pulls got lighter. Without taking a stone to your sears, cleaning and oiling all the moving parts of your trigger mechanism may have a bit of result. I know that very small alterations to the sears can be made, but would be hesitant. Wear the gun in proper and you'll probably get more used to it as well.

I have a mate that should now be in 5k+ rounds on his 694, I'll ask if the pulls got lighter. Without taking a stone to your sears, cleaning and oiling all the moving parts of your trigger mechanism may have a bit of result. I know that very small alterations to the sears can be made, but would be hesitant. Wear the gun in proper and you'll probably get more used to it as well.
Thanks I’d be interested to hear what the pulls on your mates 694 are like now that it’s had time to settle in.

I really wouldn't bother having them done. 4 pounds is about right. It won't make a jot to your scores if you put it out of your mind.
It's only when you get to 6 or more it may become an issue.
As I've said before, If you see someone try to shoot when they've left the safety on. They pull it so hard that they nearly straighten the blade out.

For rifle accuracy, I slowly squeeze the trigger.
For pistols and shotguns, I slap that baby fast as i can.
:giggle:

I have recently acquired an MK 60 presentation model sp202 in unused condition. I find its trigger pulls unstable, sometimes heavy sometimes light. Is this likely to improve over use?

694 here with 5-10k rounds, it should ease up a little.

Have you tried adjusting the trigger position forward ? I found that helped as well
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve got the trigger quite a way forward which feels great. I think I’m just going to shoot a few more thousand rounds through it and see how it feels then.

I have recently acquired an MK 60 presentation model sp202 in unused condition. I find its trigger pulls unstable, sometimes heavy sometimes light. Is this likely to improve over use?
I get crisp consistent trigger pulls on the 694, they are just a bit heavier than I would like.

Loum84's point is good - pad of your finger on the trigger. My 694 is Ok but not as good as the F3.

Latest posts

Back