Trigger pulls

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it is and that's what i'd expect on such high end guns. I think you must have been unlucky with the DT10X. I was talking more about the less expensive Beretta shotguns.
strangely a friend had one at the same time and his was even worse, I spoke to beretta about the fact that 2x 10x with bad triggers and my other 3 10s were very good seemed odd but was assured its the same trigger mech made in the same workshop, very weird especially considering that on return the second time mine was in I was told that it was the best they could get them but still they were not perfect.

unlucky, coincidence. I dont know.

strangely a friend had one at the same time and his was even worse, I spoke to beretta about the fact that 2x 10x with bad triggers and my other 3 10s were very good seemed odd but was assured its the same trigger mech made in the same workshop, very weird especially considering that on return the second time mine was in I was told that it was the best they could get them but still they were not perfect.

unlucky, coincidence. I dont know.
I know i'd be really pissed off if i'd spent that kind of money and had a less than perfect trigger. To me that is something you should get as standard with a high end gun. To me it's so important to have a good trigger!

Surely you don't go to the manufacturer's representative if you want a trigger job done otherwise he or she is going to aim to do what the factory say is their weight and feel.

What is 'trigger creep' is it the free play between it's 'at rest' position and when it makes the gun go 'bang'?  What's the difference between a good trigger pull and a poor one? Is it just the amount of free play and the consequent few millisecs it puts on when the brain says 'shoot' and the gun shooting?  I wear gloves as well! what difference do they make.

Lots of questions to answer.

What is 'trigger creep' is it the free play between it's 'at rest' position and when it makes the gun go 'bang'?  What's the difference between a good trigger pull and a poor one? Is it just the amount of free play and the consequent few millisecs it puts on when the brain says 'shoot' and the gun shooting?  I wear gloves as well! what difference do they make. Lots of questions to answer.
Salopian will be able to explain the technical side but basicaly its not so much free play although imo you dont want any of that either its when the trigger engages and pressure is applied but nothing happens for a bit. Creep.

What is 'trigger creep' is it the free play between it's 'at rest' position and when it makes the gun go 'bang'?  What's the difference between a good trigger pull and a poor one? Is it just the amount of free play and the consequent few millisecs it puts on when the brain says 'shoot' and the gun shooting?  I wear gloves as well! what difference do they make.

Lots of questions to answer.
You have answered most your self.a good trigger should feel like a glass rod snapping no movement just pressure then release.

Very interesting hearing peoples descriptions.

I am going to pay a lot of attention to my trigger pull this weekend, and see what I can "feel".

Out of interest, whatis a ballpark figure to get a "trigger job" done anyway?

Don't bother, if you have not noticed so far, you ain't going to notice it. Just continue to shoot the damned gun. If you start to worry about 'creeping triggers' you are on a recipe for disaster. Unless the gun has abnormally light or heavy triggers, save your money on the 'trigger job'. When you are talking about glass rods breaking you can apply that to a rifle trigger where you feel the first pressure (if it has one) and then you squeeze the trigger, which should suprise you when it releases, or "like a glass rod snapping". I have seven different shotguns and they all have different trigger 'feel', but they all have a reasonable trigger pressure weight. A shotgun trigger is pulled and not squeezed and as such the breaking glass syndrome does not apply. The last thing I am thinking is about the FEEL of the blasted trigger.

Now it is keep low profile time.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me my ignorance is bliss. I would not have a clue, my trigger feels lovely to me but Calamity found it too firm, she has of course experienced different guns over many years and I have not.

I agree with Westley you only have a bad one if you have noticed it.

Sorry Chippy old Chappy, I  must have misread things here. I stupidly thought we were talking about Shotgun and not rifle triggers. Have an appointment with Specsavers in the morning. Oh silly me !

Yeah, I hear you!

As I said in my OP, I don't notice anything, so should just carry on regardless I suppose.

Just curious as to why it seems to crop up as an "issue" for other shooters on here?!

Because none of like to admit I missed that target because I did NOT put the shot charge in the right place !

Try a Perazzi or better still an HPX Perazzi and then let me know what you think of yours. That's how i found out mine was out. Mine is a lot better now but it's no Perazzi! I think it may save me a clay or two per round so it's your call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back