Met Police Open Shoot, Meon Springs, ShootClay Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll still be there, leaving about 8.30 - expect to be there around 10.00ish

It did RAIN a lot! which caused a few problems but overall a good day

Good to see a ShootClay team. nice to met up with Teepee1234 and Gnasher, sorry I didn't get to speak to Rich.

Congratulation to the team captain Gnasher who was Runner Up in the Ladies with 63. (please PM me so as we can arrange to get you Trophy to you)

The winning Guest Team was the RAF with 403x500 followed by the Army who shot 401 the ShootClay team was down the order a bit with 317

Like shooting in a car wash. I'm crossing fingers for the rain to hold up a little before Beretta World as the ground will get very churned up with hundreds of shooters going through the ground.

Being dry ish round here until 4pm, I thought I might have dropped a clanger not going. Sorry you got drenched. Gnasher on 63 sounds like it may have been a bit tough for a police shoot?

It's was only tough because the weather made it seem more difficult. The score cards disintegrating, because they weren't waterproof,also made it a bit of a farce. We had to keep our own record of the scores. We got soaking wet, my utility room is steaming with damp shooting gear and if my gun rusts I shall be very sulky. But I managed to park on hardcore so didn't get stuck in the mud. They will during the Beretta. And the company was good. I enjoyed shooting with Matt and Teepee.

Despite the rain, I enjoyed it very much! Beautiful setting, good mix of targets, very enjoyable. I could get into this sporting lark...... :D

Likewise Gnasher, 'twas good to meet you and shoot with you and Matt - congrats on the second place!

The gun is now clean as a whistle and oily as Engelbert Humperdink! :wink:

Glad I went and meet you guys and Girl Must admit I changed from a hardend shooter to what the hell am I doimg here, It was a good shoot nice settings and all targets hitable or chipable, sorry i did not get to shoot with you, but best in bad weather to have small groups.I hope they get better cards for the big shoot this week end. I did manage to 74 from behind my well wetted glasses so might pratice more with my eyes shut. Will be going to Chuchills on thursday hope weather is kind by then

CleverSC3

The scores this year are not published on line as the were done on paper.

The weather really did not make the scores a true reflection of the targets put on.

High gun was Chip Smith on a 91.

CleverSC3

There is no plan. The committee will look at all the options available for next years shoot and go with the most suitable option.

EJ Churchill and West London are great venues and put on fantastic shoots, what this space! as they say.

Back