Stratstone Ultimate One - it's back for 2014/15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking forward to trying this again , 19 to qualify for final last year then had such a good social day i forgot how to shoot and shot a grand 5 !!!!!

is it geared to top game shooters again ??????

looking forward to trying this again , 19 to qualify for final last year then had such a good social day i forgot how to shoot and shot a grand 5 !!!!!

is it geared to top game shooters again ??????
Well they were not short on winning it last time :wink:

You and i need to do better next time Steve :laugh:

" is it geared to top game shooters again ?????? "

Steve,

Clays are for clayshooters ! Game shooters shoot at feathered things and I don't mean shuttlecocks.

No doubt your Crane and telehoists will be taking a pounding later this year in preparation for your winning onslaught at the Stratstone Challenge 2014 / 15?

Only game shooters know exactly how to throw a serious curling high pheasant.....simple because they have shot millions of them and their various flights have been etched into the memory banks as they fly on untouched. In order to know how to throw a serious high phessy bird.....you have to have shot them......and not many have shot the serious birds......because often......they are on private shoots. :wink:

And not many 'clay' shots or many course setters have shot these special birds on a regular basis....

There are Devon, Welsh and Scottish high phessies......and then there are the real special Devon, Welsh and Scottish birds :wink: :wink:

......just saying..!!

Last edited:
hey peter i reckon then we had a monster of a fish on but just before we landed it a big HERON came and nicked it off the hook !!!!!!!

nicola darling a target is a target whether it be a clay at 150 foot or a pheasant at 150 foot , target both of em , i bet i could chuck a curling clay that resembles a bird all you need is the equipment , terrain and ho yes the know how !!!!

shall we meet up and shoot this one day then ????

dont know where the 15 came from i shot a grand score of 5 in the final 

wonder how these top game shooters will cope with my fitasc this week , you can only set proper fitasc targets when you have shot proper fitasc targets and i suspect a few havent , . ,,,,

Steve, we talking 'proper' fitasc targets like Dave Peckham used to set or Cyreeel's fitasc targets? I need to know before Sunday in case I have to borrow a guide dog again...

hey peter i reckon then we had a monster of a fish on but just before we landed it a big HERON came and nicked it off the hook !!!!!!!

nicola darling a target is a target whether it be a clay at 150 foot or a pheasant at 150 foot , target both of em , i bet i could chuck a curling clay that resembles a bird all you need is the equipment , terrain and ho yes the know how !!!!

shall we meet up and shoot this one day then ????

dont know where the 15 came from i shot a grand score of 5 in the final 

wonder how these top game shooters will cope with my fitasc this week , you can only set proper fitasc targets when you have shot proper fitasc targets and i suspect a few havent , . ,,,,
Hey ...Steve...get chip of shoulder lad.

the 15 was reference to pages this will run to.....

And ....I would never have mentioned how shooting under pressure can affect a score.... :wink: but i know that the 5 will be etched in your memory banks forever :laugh:

In my honest opinion a course setter can only replicate extreme live quarry into a clever clay target if and only if they have...

1. seen plenty of them

2. shot plenty of them .....loads of times...over the years.. so that they know what the characteristics are (and how these extreme phessies work ...which is different each time). then and only then do you understand how to put them onto a clay line.......and that my dear ...could be why people hit them one day and dont the rest of the time.

Great game shots are made over years and years of experience and having the luck or the money to get onto the really good stuff.......great clay shots are made the same way, years of experience....but......... the two types (in my opinion) are only found together in the very special few :wink:

That .....and..... the mental pressure of shooting with a chance of a flash car...knowing you can only miss two.

Have another go this year matey......Like i am doing.....and hopefully we will not have the Epic Fail that we had last year. I only shot it once and needed medication.

Nothing is easy until it is smashed to bits.

Just my opinion of course....you are welcome to your own...but no need to get bitchy about it :wink: (catching a Heron)...or am i not allowed to express an opinion in your world....hey ho...I can live with that.

I am always surprised at you in your 'feeling threatened mode'...it is so gay .

Back