The ShootClay Sporting Challenge - 28th July

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoes and handbags are what lady shooters measure lead with ;) of which there are several on here :)

I'm sure you are happy, to be honest if and when it happens to me I would be made up for my other half :)

Glad you both had a great day and thank you for making the trip down. Look forward to seeing you both soon.

Jon.

Claire and I will definitely be coming back Phill, great ground and well laid out and your only an hour from us, thanks to you and Matt and everyone that was associated with today, I think I can speak for everyone in saying it was proper success and looking forward to the next one already.

Ian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spot the empty shell casing !!!!

post-210-134350978652.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343509779.839860.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343509779.839860.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
That reminds me, apologies for not picking my empties up after the shoot off. Yet another reason to switch back to an OU ;)

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who organised this event.I hope that you all enjoyed it as much as I did, my father Maxum, who doesn't get out much nowadays was so excited to meet so many of you.Thank you for making two old men very happy.

Thank you Matt & Phil, you see, I can behave sometimes.
As my son says. Thanks for a great day out.

If i could shoot bloody low incoming orange clays I may have been able to put in a decent score ;-))

Matt will there be a score table to see how good or bad we all shot, if not then no matter I think everybody thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Even had chance to meet the legend that is. Fuzzy. & mrs fuzz as well

It was good to meet up with everyone today, old and new. I shot really badly today I think if a barn door had gone by I would have still missed it!! Thinking about it now I shot with my sunglasses on and I neve do well with them, they have a very narrow frame to them and I think this must affect me with seeing clays.

A minor point about the shoot I feel there was to many driven targets today, 3 stands worth and on stand 8 you could see the driven going towards stand 7 and if you were unlucky you got both at the same time, which distracted you, I think this caught at least 3 of us out.

Owen Williams paintings were stunning with an incredable amount of detail. To my amazement he paints in watercolours and to produce that level of detail is simply brilliant. I had a good chat with Owen about his work and found out that his smller ones take around 2 days to complete and the larger ones 3 -4 days. He did say he goes through lots of paper sometimes to get the effect right. Shame we could not afford one at the moment though.

I had a good chat with Maxum and his son,you don't want a Guerrini buy an MK38 grade 5 instead, Salopian. I had a go with the sideplate pro rib Guerrini and again shame I can't afford one or two in mine and Hazel's case.

Andy

As my son says. Thanks for a great day out.

If i could shoot bloody low incoming orange clays I may have been able to put in a decent score ;-))

Matt will there be a score table to see how good or bad we all shot, if not then no matter I think everybody thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Even had chance to meet the legend that is. Fuzzy. & mrs fuzz as well
Sloppy one showed you how to hit them and if you had hung around and watched me shoot it the point would have been reinforced :p

Great day out, bring on next year will make a full day of it without having to get to family BBQ :D

Had a great Day enjoyed meeting all of you. First time for me at Ian`s Shooting school and will be back for sure. High lights for me was the shoot off, Well done Claire... Bob also got a lesson from his wife to on stand 10 orange pair but he keeped it hushed, also watching Mark with the 410 which looked like a toy in his hands still hitting a couple. Thanks to Marks son for his spot on button pushing. There were some good scores in and I think Shootclay could make some good teams for future Team shoots.

The Day went so fast so had to dash before Prize giving But well done to all winners,Ian`s staff and Clayshoot team for a Great day

So what was Bobs lesson then, he sure kept it quiet, and I unashamedly need to remove the limelight from myself !!!! haha

Best I let him tell .... No shame Ian, Claire Shot well and with new gun, and now new chokes to play with, now your doing all the housework :D

It's true - I had to demonstrate to Wendy how easy they were to miss on stand 10 so that she would understand how not to do it. I thought it went very well, she hit quite a few...

Second the vote for our young button pusher, he did a great job, thanks for the loan Mark

William will be thrilled as it was his first time away from our usual shoot. I wll tell him he has the job!

William will be thrilled as it was his first time away from our usual shoot. I wll tell him he has the job!
Tell William that he did a good job buttoning, He understood what to do really quickly when I told him when to push each button. Nice polite young lad there Mark and he asked a couple of good questions as well. Bet he and for that matter you, can't wait for him to take up shooting :D

Andy

The truth is that it's the way I clean Claire's guns that makes her shoot so well :)

The truth is that it's the way I clean Claire's guns that makes her shoot so well :)

But you didn't clean the one she used on Saturday, did you?? :wink: :p

(Can't wait for the next excuse!!) :.: :.:

Tell William that he did a good job buttoning, He understood what to do really quickly when I told him when to push each button. Nice polite young lad there Mark and he asked a couple of good questions as well. Bet he and for that matter you, can't wait for him to take up shooting :D

Andy
I can't wait...................................my wallet prob can!

Back