Stratstone Ultimate One - it's back for 2014/15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
From the main ShootClay site: http://shootclay.co.uk/2014/07/17/stratstone-ultimate-one-starting-october-2014/

[SIZE=14pt]Enter the Stratstone Ultimate One Challenge for a chance to win All-New Range Rover Long Wheel Base Autobiography worth £130,000 at the Royal Berkshire Shooting School[/SIZE]

The Royal Berkshire Shooting School has again teamed up with premium automotive retailer Stratstone and David Duggan Watches to present a shooting competition built on the success of last year’s Stratstone Super 7 Challenge. This year, the Stratstone Ultimate One Challenge offers all shooters a chance to win the ultimate prize of the All-New Range Rover Long Wheel Base Autobiography worth £130,000* that is due to be unveiled in the UK late 2014.

The Stratstone Ultimate One Challenge will open on Monday 6 October 2014 and run for four months with entrants able to enter as many times as they wish. Entry costs just £50, which includes 50 warm-up birds plus two attempts at the Challenge, which sees competitors shoot at a sequence of 25 driven birds off the legendary 120-foot Tower. The 20 highest scoring individuals on the Tower alone will then go through to a final where, if the overall winner shoots 23 or more of the 25 birds, he or she will win the luxury Range Rover to keep forever.

Each week the individual scoring highest out of 100 will receive a bottle of Bollinger and at the end of the 16 weeks all winners will be invited to the Final to have a shoot off for a Rolex Submariner wristwatch sponsored by David Duggan Watches of Burlington Arcade.

The Really Wild Clothing Company will present £1,000 of clothing to the individual who shoots the highest score using a side by side in the qualifiers.

The Royal Berkshire Shooting School’s Managing Director, Dylan Williams commented: “We wanted to build on the success of last year’s groundbreaking Stratstone Super 7 Challenge. We believe this year’s competition now offers the largest single prize in clay shooting anywhere in the world. It will appeal to game shooters as much as clay shooters, as the birds are designed to mimic high West Country-style pheasants. Since we founded the Royal Berkshire in 1991 we believe this is the most prestigious initiative we have established.”

Stratstone’s Managing Director, James Brearley, added: “This competition offers one shooter a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own one of the most luxurious cars on the market today. With a prize of such magnitude on offer, the pressure to win will be immense.”

For more information, visit: www.rbss.co.uk. For press enquiries, email: [email protected].

[SIZE=10.5pt]* Exact value TBC when car is officially released in the UK[/SIZE]

Going to improve on my terrible score last year..........

(Glad it is now out...but cocks up the last line of my article Grrrrr :laugh: )

Well the winner of last years challenge is my coach.... Just saying, not assuming anything. Actually, if I engage with Mr Ec I should increase my chances by 100%!! Oi Mr Solomons whats yer number....?

"Any individual who has represented his/her country at the Olympics is not eligible to win the car but can enter for the watch and Really Wild clothing"

"Any individual who has represented his/her country at the Olympics is not eligible to win the car but can enter for the watch and Really Wild clothing"
Is there an Olympic high tower simulated game discipline then? Silly me, missed it, clearly..

I think that a discussion needs to take place with the insurers and Stratstones to see if the Olympic clause can be removed.

The Stratstones chap is a good friend of Marcus Iddon (Lylvale Express) and Richard, as that is your sponsor, maybe they can help negotiate the clause out of the competition.

There are now many top shots who could 'possibly' win this shoot (if they are used to game birds...or just exceptionally talented) as shown last year when Heagren won.

But anything with a clay / game feel needs the recognised two best shots in the World (easily proven by their constant World Championship form over the last 24 years and only a hair to split them) to be there to make a great competition and to put the pressure on the rest...... and in my honest opinion that is George Digweed and Richard Faulds.

With the final needing to be won on such a tight score......I think even God would struggle to make it 'on the day' :wink:

But how fantastic to shooting sports it would be if it worked.

So....why not put more pressure into the competition?? Let the other one in :wink:

No need to guess JJ .....we explained it in great detail last year.... :wink:

Back