Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have said, not seeing a reduced foot fall at the shooting grounds yet either, and rightly so, the endless barrage of lockdowns and depressing news, damn straight we're going to get outdoors enjoying this sport. Having said that and chatting to fellow shooters, most are shooting less rounds. I noticed a few of the old boys simply shooting 2 pairs on each stand, whereas they would normally shoot 4 pairs. 

As mentioned earlier, when these increased energy bills start landing on the door matt, and with people now having to choose between heating on or food on the table, belts will inevitably tighten. 

Having said that we are living in upside down world at the minute and all of the above maybe (and probably is) total bowlocks 😂

As others have said, not seeing a reduced foot fall at the shooting grounds yet either, and rightly so, the endless barrage of lockdowns and depressing news, damn straight we're going to get outdoors enjoying this sport.
Yes you are absolutely right.

As others have said, not seeing a reduced foot fall at the shooting grounds yet either, and rightly so, the endless barrage of lockdowns and depressing news, damn straight we're going to get outdoors enjoying this sport. Having said that and chatting to fellow shooters, most are shooting less rounds. I noticed a few of the old boys simply shooting 2 pairs on each stand, whereas they would normally shoot 4 pairs.
Absolutely packed at sporting targets earlier today ,so prices not having an effect yet,

Though the guy infront of me in the shop wanted 250  30g no 5 shot game cartridges 

When he found out the price (£109)  he only took 1/2 125

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely packed at sporting targets earlier today ,so prices not having an effect yet,

Though the guy infront of me in the shop wanted 250  30g no 5 shot game cartridges 

When he found out the price (£109)  he only took 1/2 125
Happy to pay £45 a bird but bulk at 45p a cartridge always makes me chuckle

Those cartridge prices are scary £324 for Pro 1 or Fiocchi Fblue at £225 seems Hull are determined to price themselves out the market 

Those cartridge prices are scary £324 for Pro 1 or Fiocchi Fblue at £225 seems Hull are determined to price themselves out the market 
😂😂😂 one place I shoot the bins are usually quite full and already its noticeable that the type of empties are changing. The high end stuff of the UK main manufactures are rarely seen. I am sure many of these lines will become obsolete in the near future

They can drop the high end stuff, the mid range is plenty profitable for them 😄

Cartridge prices at Decathlon have just jumped about 10 %  the cheapest cartridges now are €231 or about £192 per thousand.

Cartridge prices at Decathlon have just jumped about 10 %  the cheapest cartridges now are €231 or about £192 per thousand.
Ah well seems to be the way of the world st the moment.

But still far lower than UK.

A few months ago some of us clubbed together and bought a pallet load 20,000 (?), and got free delivery. It worked out close to £197 per thousand.  Our next order will work out about £255 per thousand. 

Yeah, unfortunately the continent is fast catching up in terms of cartridge prices. I’ve seen two ‘updated’ price lists from my supplier, and while Gamebore’s increase is just ludicrous, Mirage shells are also a solid 20% up from when I last bought any. Grounds are increasing prices accordingly as is understandable but the question of how this will effect newcomers to the sporty remains. 

Yeah, unfortunately the continent is fast catching up in terms of cartridge prices. I’ve seen two ‘updated’ price lists from my supplier, and while Gamebore’s increase is just ludicrous, Mirage shells are also a solid 20% up from when I last bought any. Grounds are increasing prices accordingly as is understandable but the question of how this will effect newcomers to the sporty remains. 

So far as I can see here in France most of the newcomers to the sport are upwards of 35 with a good job and disposable income... more than likely the way it has always been . Younger shooters are in a distant minority funded by the bank of mum and dad who have disposable income ... again I suspect the way it has been in the past. I myself did not start clay target shooting until I retired early and had time and disposable income. As far as I have been aware shooting has never been a sport for those who do not have... disposable income 😂

So far as I can see here in France most of the newcomers to the sport are upwards of 35 with a good job and disposable income... more than likely the way it has always been . Younger shooters are in a distant minority funded by the bank of mum and dad who have disposable income ... again I suspect the way it has been in the past. I myself did not start clay target shooting until I retired early and had time and disposable income. As far as I have been aware shooting has never been a sport for those who do not have... disposable income 😂
you forgot the bank of grandad 😂

As far as I have been aware shooting has never been a sport for those who do not have... disposable income 😂
Very true, and I consider myself fortunate not having to worry too much about the cost of shooting either. There are however plenty of shooters who enjoy the odd Sunday out but might reconsider beyond the umpteenth increase in the cost of a day on the grounds. If grounds lose them as paying punters, returns will drop, costs will rise yet be split over less heads… and so on. Personally I’m glad shooting has been fairly accessible for most, and I don’t look forward to the day it’ll be as ‘exclusive’ as say… polo. (The ‘bring your own six horses and Argentinian caretaker’ kind, not the swimming kind)

Here grounds are disappearing, never to reappear. Add rising costs to a mix of no-room-for-you-lot municipalities, noise complaints, environmental finger-pointing and take stock of where were headed. Makes me want to get the most out of my shooting in say the next five years. I am genuinely bothered by a worry that I will likely not ever teach any grandkids.    

Isn’t this just reflective of the world we live in at the moment? I work in the construction industry and we are finding that suppliers and sub-contractors are now only validating quotes for 14 days rather than the previous 30 days, due to constant price increases.

Last week I paid £265 for 1000 Express 28g 7.5 fibre Power Golds. I’m recently returned to the sport but must admit that made my eyes water!

Isn’t this just reflective of the world we live in at the moment? I work in the construction industry and we are finding that suppliers and sub-contractors are now only validating quotes for 14 days rather than the previous 30 days, due to constant price increases.

Last week I paid £265 for 1000 Express 28g 7.5 fibre Power Golds. I’m recently returned to the sport but must admit that made my eyes water!
i think you're right mate. used car prices are through the roof and they aint coming down, same with houses, supply and demand. always been the way. regarding disposable income mentioned above, i can see that diminishing as energy bills, council tax, Tax increase.

Also the more shooting grounds we loose, the more the prices will rise, just hope it doesn't pop and we end up with nothing. 

nobody likes seeing prices increase on anything we purchase, what's upset most is the amount ammo has increased in such a short time. 30% i think. that's the bitter pill. 

All we want to do is enjoy our shooting without the distractions, i hear so many now at the grounds talking about costs, and these are also guys with considerable disposable income as well, so its on most peoples radar that's for sure. 

[SIZE=11pt]The more I practice, the better I shoot. The better I shoot, the more I enjoy it. The more I enjoy it, the more I do it. 😃[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]However.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The more I do it, the more it costs. The more it costs, the less I practice. The less I practice, the worse I get. The worse I get, the less I enjoy it…and then stop! 🙁[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]So what's a guy to do, eh???[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The more I practice, the better I shoot. The better I shoot, the more I enjoy it. The more I enjoy it, the more I do it. 😃[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]However.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The more I do it, the more it costs. The more it costs, the less I do it. The less I do it, the worse I get. The worse I get, the less I enjoy it…and then stop! 🙁[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]So what's a guy to do, eh???[/SIZE]
Hulls releasing a new super duper ultra light speed fast 12gauge. Cartridge, it has  2g of lead,  shot size starts at 16 all the way up to microscopic. £199 per thousand, great for those close range shots 2 ft off the end of your barrels (this will become the norm, making it possible for us to shoot indoors and in the garden/shed/greenhouse etc)  😂 available soon. 

Back