Whats Your Favorite Cartridge to Use and Why?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the black gold a bit punchy. Found the whites smoother than both the velocities and evos.

Not much between the White gold and blue diamond in my eyes just can't prefer the White gold and they always have good stock of them round my way.  

I found the black gold a bit punchy. Found the whites smoother than both the velocities and evos.

Not much between the White gold and blue diamond in my eyes just can't prefer the White gold and they always have good stock of them round my way.  
I was shooting Evo 8's mainly because if convenient local supply. Wanted to try 7.5's for a bit more power at longer ranges. Found Churchills selling White Golds for just £11 per 1000 more than I was paying for Evo's (£197 for 28g fibres). Tried them out and find no difference in punchiness over Evo's but got some lovely clean kills on distant crossers so just ordered 3000 more ..  

Funny thing I also noticed is the smell of the powder smoke. Reminds of the sweet smell of that smoke they pump out at nightclubs.

I do find them dirty but is there such a thing as a clean fibre cartridge?

Was practicing on some very fast left to right rabbits on Saturday with some friends.  At least four rabbit clays were picked up with either a hole in or pellet strikes on them, but unbroken.  Think it's time I looked for some 6.5's to put in the bag along with my Express Power Blue 7.5s.
If you believe that 6.5's will kill rabbits any better that the 7.5's, let me assure you that you had better stick to 6.5's for everything. Many years ago, if we were running short of clays at the local straw bailer, we would have a 'pick up' to refill the 2 traps. The number of standard clays that often had as many as 5 holes in them, without breaking, was incredible AND they all went again without breaking off the trap.

We used to discuss cartridge performance on how they had been stored prior to use, some even going so far as to have them in bed with them,  the night before a shoot,  BUT to get them 'Piston' is taking things a bit too far !

If you believe that 6.5's will kill rabbits any better that the 7.5's, let me assure you that you had better stick to 6.5's for everything. Many years ago, if we were running short of clays at the local straw bailer, we would have a 'pick up' to refill the 2 traps. The number of standard clays that often had as many as 5 holes in them, without breaking, was incredible AND they all went again without breaking off the trap.
you are a fud!!! 6.5's CAN make the difference between kill or loss at times...

I just had to bingle that one James! :blink:

FUD

Scottish slang term meaning pussy, vagina, muff, c##t
"Your a fud"
"I rolled over in bed and accidently kneed her in the fud. She woke with a scream and punched me in the balls"

I was shooting Evo 8's mainly because if convenient local supply. Wanted to try 7.5's for a bit more power at longer ranges. Found Churchills selling White Golds for just £11 per 1000 more than I was paying for Evo's (£197 for 28g fibres). Tried them out and find no difference in punchiness over Evo's but got some lovely clean kills on distant crossers so just ordered 3000 more ..  

Funny thing I also noticed is the smell of the powder smoke. Reminds of the sweet smell of that smoke they pump out at nightclubs.

I do find them dirty but is there such a thing as a clean fibre cartridge?
I think the nightclub smell may be ganja......

Have you tried Hull Superspliff?

I thought it necessary to bring this to peoples attention.

Nobel Sport Italia NSI DUE Trap 24 7 1/2 shot . Revued in current Clayshooting Magazine . 

FabYOUlous, what a brilliant , smooth , hard hitting cartridge, a number of us shot them yesterday and everyone was ecstatic about how soft they were and the quality of the breaks .

I honestly have never ever shot a cartridge that is so good. I thought Fiocchi FBlack Sporting were good in 28 gram (1oz) but these are Soooooo smooth.

Although "fud" is widely accepted in Scotland as being a slang term for the female reproductive organs, it is generally used as a pejorative to describe someone who has just done something stupid, often in situations where they've either been impulsive or it was blindingly obvious beforehand that it was a stupid thing to do. It can also be used to describe someone who irritates everyone because they try to impress everyone all the time & invariably talk a load of pish!

Although "fud" is widely accepted in Scotland as being a slang term for the female reproductive organs, it is generally used as a pejorative to describe someone who has just done something stupid, often in situations where they've either been impulsive or it was blindingly obvious beforehand that it was a stupid thing to do. It can also be used to describe someone who irritates everyone because they try to impress everyone all the time & invariably talk a load of pish!
Well, thats me told then ! 

Yes have also been using Gamebore Velocity+ and very happy with the performance, seem a bit better than Superfasts

This has to be the most boring topic since " Which is the best dishcloth?" was featured in Readers Digest.

This has to be the most boring topic since " Which is the best dishcloth?" was featured in Readers Digest.
I was going to start one on the best colour plastic bin to put the spent shells in.

We prefer the pale blue check ones that you get from Tesco in a pack of 10. 

Occasionally we opt for the same dish cloths but in pale green. 

Performance wise they are very similar, with green having the edge on rangier, edge on plates and dishes.

Latest posts

Back