Tightest patterning fibre cartridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I understand then to high level and I get to see the computer data on the down range energy

Some are up to 33% different

Ps plastic and fibre don’t come out at same speed or energy

Then provided they are exactly the same diameter and type (i.e mass) then they left the muzzle at different velocities and that would be confirmed by the velocity for CIP at 2.5mtrs, unless you have solve the problem of dark energy. Newton would be pleased.
Quite simply K.E = 1/2 MV2

o
Maybe there is a reason to use tighter bores in hunting guns, for example you could order an MX12 with 18,4 mm or 18,7 mm bores. Often hunting cartridges use fibre wads. The tighter bore seals them up.
Fibre wads and Obturator cards are nominally 18.9mm diameter.

Now I know Ben is no lover of pattern plates but for cartridge testing they have a use. A poor fibre wad cartridge can be consistently seen to blow the pattern. Which is unlikely if the obturator card is swapped for a plastic obturator.

Then provided they are exactly the same diameter and type (i.e mass) then they left the muzzle at different velocities and that would be confirmed by the velocity for CIP at 2.5mtrs, unless you have solve the problem of dark energy. Newton would be pleased.
Quite simply K.E = 1/2 MV2
1, they are not the same diameter
2, one is soft and changes shape with ease
3, over time one gets worse

o

Fibre wads and Obturator cards are nominally 18.9mm diameter.

Now I know Ben is no lover of pattern plates but for cartridge testing they have a use. A poor fibre wad cartridge can be consistently seen to blow the pattern. Which is unlikely if the obturator card is swapped for a plastic obturator.
Agree mate but they don’t show you the energy drop that’s fine by much more advanced testing

With all local grounds fibre wads only (West Kent being the only exception) no choice but to use them, however i now know why i am not a top shot and have another excuse for missing 😂
A certain Mr Digweed grew up shooting in parts of Kent so must have shot fibre wads sometimes, given he would shoot several grounds on a Sunday mornings normally taking high gun at each, must ask him.

Not that i agree with Ben saying all fibre wad cartridges are shit there are good and bad fibre wad cartridge just like their are plastic wad ones.

1, they are not the same diameter
2, one is soft and changes shape with ease
3, over time one gets worse
Agree mate but they don’t show you the energy drop that’s fine by much more advanced testing

In the interest of learning, please explain what you were trying to say, what advanced testing technique or equipment is determing the energy drop.

Latest posts

Back