Whats Your Favorite Cartridge to Use and Why?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm a bit of a Fiocchi fanboy, love their cartridges! That and my stepfather is a stockist ;)

My favourite has to be the TT Two 28g 7.5 fibre wad, such an amazing cartridge and defiantly worth the extra cash. I normally shoot FBlu plastic wad or FBlack fibre wad.

I'd be wearing a patch of theirs and advertising the shop if I was good enough!

Fiocchi F3 Piston 8.5

Shot them at sporting and compak targets with superb even kills.

Also at ABT for fun in Lonato a couple of weeks ago with the same confidence boosting results.

images[2].jpg

I shoot with a pal who has a big belt mounted pouch that he insists on filling to a meniscus even if we are going for a round of skeet, any of his are my fave.

Hull sporting hundred and randomly armusa golden trap 24g which seem to destroy anything i point them at and reasonable price/recoil.

Hull pro fibre 24g when they have to be fibre although i tried fiochi tt ones in 24g recently in  the search for something cheaper seemed to do the job as well just not so smooth

I'd be wearing a patch of theirs and advertising the shop if I was good enough!
My tip is to do both..............for 25+ years I didn't even want my name on the vest. Being part of TEAM HPX meant that advertising was a must. I was nervous for months but you will settle down and your confidence will help you build bigger scores, that's a promise. Go on and big up that SHELL & SHOP! :clover:  

My tip is to do both..............for 25+ years I didn't even want my name on the vest. Being part of TEAM HPX meant that advertising was a must. I was nervous for months but you will settle down and your confidence will help you build bigger scores, that's a promise. Go on and big up that SHELL & SHOP! :clover:  
I don't have my name on my vest at the moment! I might make that move first and go from there. 

I'll take your advise on the potential confidence boost, anything to help!

:)

Also in the Blue range and pretty cheap at the price range:

RIO Target loads for everything! plastic or fibre, in Summer, Winter, hot weather or cold weather. OSK 24g 9s / Sporting 28g 7.5, 8, 9 and if I can't find them.. OSK 24g 9s Clever Super targets/ Sporting 28g 7s Jockers! (If only they came in 8s and 9s).

Last edited by a moderator:
Power blue, 8's mostly with 7.5's for distance stuff - 60 yards + if the need arrises. Smooth to shoot with good kills and at a good price. OR any cheap rubbish i can get my hands on if there not available - they still go bang and kill

Here you go Greg.    :)

Can I bring my own cartridges?
This is a good one. We like to limit the cartridges used between Wednesday - Saturday to the brands which we sell (Hull & Fiocchi), although, you don't have to buy them from us, but our prices are very competitive. On Sundays, we will relax this rule as we normally hold Registered (CPSA) competitions, but all cartridges must conform to current CPSA rules and regulations.
That is laughable to be honest.

My favs are Clever T4 pro extra but I generally use Clever T2 which are a bit cheaper and still very good

Hull Pro one 8s and now a sprinkling of piston wad 9s for close/mid range bunnies or low driven

Still have old batch based on my previous trap gun of Cheddite's 8 Free Shot (Sporting) and 1st shot in Trap + Hull's Parcour 7s for 2nd shot (Trap).

But I am stocking up on Hull Parcour 8s that will replace them on all fronts.

Been shooting Hull sporting 100 for the last 3 months very soft on the shoulder and hard on the clay

I have always used half choke with other cartridges but as Will posted before kills with Hull Sporters are quite devastating so a few weeks ago I decided to experiment and use quarter on every thing Fitasc/ compac/sporting and I have to say it seems to be working

Kills are still good

Actually contemplating taking my chokes out altogether on really close stuff 

Clever T2 for me, 28g p/w 8's (UK7.5)

Lovely smooth shell, low recoil, hits hard and I never have to scrub my gun clean afterwards. 

Back