Wylye Valley - October 9th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think foot should be ok,think Danny m who,s also a member of shootclay is coming aswell,should be there for 10.30 for breakie!

Right then... just back from Wylye after a fantastic day - a full review to come after I sort some photo's out - but I thought you might like the results...scores as follows: 

1. Optima - 94 (ShootClay High Gun)
  2. O Danny Boy - 90
  3. CleverSC3 - 81
  4. ShootClay Admin (Matt) - 62
  5. JonSkeet - 56
  6. Andy S - 55
  7. Phil W - 53
  8. Robo - 52
Top gunning everyone - and a massive thanks to Wylye for prizes for the top 3 - Optima gets his petrol (plus toll) back to South Wales - and Danny / Clever got free entry to a Wylye event ( Clever - I have yours in my car, see you soon) Full report coming soon!

Yep was a great day out and great to meet and shoot with you guys /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gifWell done Optima on your 94 ! thats some fantastic shooting . Today was a real eye opener for me ... Ive never came across proper targets like todays as Ive only ever shot local club stuff /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif so I need to go back to basics again . Thats my first CPSA Shoot done and dusted only 2 more to go to get put in a class ( C ) /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Great shooting today everyone and I look forward to the next meet up ! Rob

Good to meet up with Matt, Jon Skeet, Robo, Optima , Danny, Phil W today and Robert6500 for the hints and tips. Robert wasn't shooting as sod's law would say his grand child would be born when he was half way round!It was a good shoot and we had a laugh. Thanks to Ian for putting up the additional prizes for us. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif Andy

Oops - should have mentioned ROB6500 joining us as well... great to have his company as we stumbled round. Thanks Rob

It was great to meet everyone and thanks to Ian for putting up the prize for SC. It was only my second sporting registered but was by far the toughest I have faced since I have been shooting but really enjoyed it and very happy with my 56 :) Looking forward to doing it again soon.Fantastic food also and very friendly staff :)  Robo, now you have shot one you should be able to request a temp classification from the CPSA :)  Cheers, Jon.

Yes really enjoyed today,shot well for a change,nice to meet up and put faces to names!And a big thanks to Ian (wylie) for putting the additional shootclay prizes up/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

HiYes, a very enjoyable shoot. Great targets, with all the long stuff visible and showing face. The quick rabbits and quick looper caught me out. Again, thanks to Ian for the prizes! If this ground was a bit closer I would be there a lot. Well done to all today. Cheers csc3

Well done Ian that was very generous of you. Congratulating optima ..... Great shooting. Glad you all had a great day.

Great shoot at Wylye Valley today, always been one of my favourite grounds despite taking over 2 hours to get there. Targets was first class and thank you to Ian for putting up the extra prizes.Well shot Optima best I've ever seen you shoot, it was nice to meet some of the shoot clay forum gang./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

o danny boy said:

Great shoot at Wylye Valley today, always been one of my favourite grounds despite taking over 2 hours to get there. Targets was first class and thank you to Ian for putting up the extra prizes.Well shot Optima best I've ever seen you shoot, it was nice to meet some of the shoot clay forum gang./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
hey Dan you sandbagger /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif  I hope you handicapped yourself today shootin against some of the novices /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  I'd have been lookin 25 birds from you /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Hi you did a good job hidin from me in Ireland last month -- I was begginin to think you didn't even make the team, I hear my old mate Melvyn is shootin some big scores these days and that's after he got moved up to A class/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif   Good to see you joined the forum mate -- we need top shots like you and Tony here (btw well shot Tony --94 is fair ole peggin) ,Dan get Mel on here for some otters  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Nige

It took all my best efforts to avoid you in Ireland, I'll try my best to get Mel on here, when are you coming over for a shoot again?

Hi matt & co I did look out for you but could not see any sign of clayshoot cars,hats.vests etc etc, Ian put on a decent shoot,nothing to stupid, though the going away rabbit was a pain. I finished on a 70 which I'm more than happy with. Do you guys ever shoot at longridge or westfields at all?????

Pictures from today 

Optima a 94 today was bloody good shooting, Knew the breakfast would help out, what did dan finish on ? 

wynno said:

Hi matt & co I did look out for you but could not see any sign of clayshoot cars,hats.vests etc etc, Ian put on a decent shoot,nothing to stupid, though the going away rabbit was a pain. I finished on a 70 which I'm more than happy with. Do you guys ever shoot at longridge or westfields at all?????
Hmm that going away rabbit was my last stand missed the first two out/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

Agreed, congratulations Optima! 94 is awesome shooting, we shot the same targets and i'm happy with what I hit.  Hopefully one day i'll get a 9 in front of my score at ESP :)  Jon.

Latest posts

Back