Grimsthorpe 9th October 100 ESP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulkan18th

Hi All,

Just thought I'd do a quick post on Grimsthorpe ESP from the 9th October. It was my first registered shoot and while I have shot at Grimsthorpe as Birds Only I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was  game of two halves for myself. I dropped a lot of birds in the first few stands (Stand 5 gave me particular problems with low quartering away birds from L-R and R-L on report).

I managed to put in a scrappy 70 which I was thoroughly chuffed with as my first registered event. 

Did anyone else go to Grimsthorpe today, potentially also popping to Orston for their  Reg 100 ESP and if you did was there any stands you had problems with?

Thank you!

I shot grimesthorpe thought it was an excellent round.  Hit 85 worst stand was the orange left to right dropping in and the black going away about stand 9 or 10.

I remember that one. The orange one was a strange curling crosser, caught me out. 

Really enjoyed it today.  Lovely ground and good targets. Stand 12 was hardest for me - I only shot 2/6!  Was happy with my score though overall.

Really enjoyed it today.  Lovely ground and good targets. Stand 12 was hardest for me - I only shot 2/6!  Was happy with my score though overall.
Was 12 the one out on the field. One coming into the trees and the very long crosser left to right?

Wind picked up for Stand 12 out in that field. Got 4/6, was chuffed to bits. Mark Winser shot a 96 according to Facebook.

Was 12 the one out on the field. One coming into the trees and the very long crosser left to right?
Yes I only got the first bird twice but I was talking to the ref when I shot the third pair so consequently missed the first bird when I should really have got it.  The second bird I wasn't on the right line at all.  I shot it rubbish.

Also shot Orston but not as well as I should, I'm going to blame tiredness as I was up at 4.30 am. ?  Round the back shot the stand that was a R to L crosser and L to R battue - both in the bloody sun.  Got the first two pairs quickly but blinded myself on the third pair and missed both.  The other stand round there Simo R to L and black clays I really found hard to pick up and the two orange incomers Simo up on the platform were difficult for me to see and pick up.  Shot the pool shoot sportrap twice 23/25 and 21/25.    

Incoming battue o/r l/r standard...big gap & underneath by 2 ft ??
I think that is where I went wrong because my lead was quite good (according to Tony) but I was to high on the clay and needed to be much more below it.

Does anyone know if the scores will go on the CPSA website? I've done a search but cannot see any. Or am I missing something? 

Latest posts

Back