Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back from Westfields with Doug Colin & Kirill

I had an excellent day....missed 1 x driven, 1 x Teal & 1 x tower crosser for a 97

Now the painful wait for the results.... I feel a 99 is for the taking

Just back from Westfields with Doug Colin & Kirill

I had an excellent day....missed 1 x driven, 1 x Teal & 1 x tower crosser for a 97

Now the painful wait for the results.... I feel a 99 is for the taking
Well shot Matthew, but please a “99 is for the taking” at Westfield? That place is a cash point for you 😉😉

Southdown sporting and sportrap layouts on Sunday were a good variety in perfect weather. What more can you ask for other than to win - but sadly not!! Nice to shoot with a fun squad that didn’t have cartridge tantrums when they missed 🤣

EJ reg today following a morning trip to Owls. 

First of all - what a squad. Absolute pleasure meeting each and every one. Best squadding to date for me.

Shot 92 - thought the course was really good. Decent variety, although did miss the usual setup on the ‘scaffolding’ area. Dropped two on the big teal, poor hold point. The last stand was probably set up to look scarier than it was. Otherwise dropped a single on 6 stands. What could have been..

EJ reg today following a morning trip to Owls. 

First of all - what a squad. Absolute pleasure meeting each and every one. Best squadding to date for me.

Shot 92 - thought the course was really good. Decent variety, although did miss the usual setup on the ‘scaffolding’ area. Dropped two on the big teal, poor hold point. The last stand was probably set up to look scarier than it was. Otherwise dropped a single on 6 stands. What could have been..
Bloody well done. Big turnaround after AGL!

Yes enjoyed the course today and surprised to see quite so many high scores. No really nasty stands I suppose, but equally only 1 or 2 that were properly easy. I had the nightmare on stand 4. I was first up so hadn’t really sussed that 70mm, then had loads of no birds, got frustrated, missed 5! Then missed 5 more the whole way round, so happy enough on 11 stands. 

Bloody well done. Big turnaround after AGL!

Yes enjoyed the course today and surprised to see quite so many high scores. No really nasty stands I suppose, but equally only 1 or 2 that were properly easy. I had the nightmare on stand 4. I was first up so hadn’t really sussed that 70mm, then had loads of no birds, got frustrated, missed 5! Then missed 5 more the whole way round, so happy enough on 11 stands. 
We don’t talk about that AGL trip Will.. 😂 

Yes I think so, so many concentration stands without anything nasty. Stand 4 I was lucky enough to see that shot, so had planned for it. Just good fortune. In fairness I started stand 1 and took 0.25mm off of about 4 clays - thanking Sean for his good eyes there. 

Well shot! 

Northampton today. First time I've been there, not bad ground. Nicely set out. The wind made it difficult in places, most of the stands were massively affected by the wind. Kept it interesting 

I did Redricks. Not been for a while. Bad rain prior does challenge the ground here and it was a good test of the wellies but no worries. 

My Blaser is broken! Cracked ejector which I spotted during a clean luckily. Not worth trying to shoot it further it’s now a grenade. Mulliners are on holiday so could be a good while until it’s sorted. So, got my lovely looking, but definitely not preferred Perazzi out of the cabinet. 

Bloody gusty today. The course was pretty good and while wind affected it wasn’t ruined. The amazing thing today was that James Attwood straighted it!!! Next up was 96 which is what I would have said a top bloke might shoot. 

Anyway, I had some fun. Shot all the long stuff well but fell down on the fiddly edge on crossers with the P gun making no sense to me. It’s heavy at the front and I’m going to have to adopt a new style for the next month. I just need to find what that style is. 😆 Finished on 83, dropping 5 on last stand. Never found a long 70mm clay and missed another easier one in frustration. (My AAA mate I was shooting with never hit it either). 

Sorry, long post. I may need your shoulders to cry on until the Blaser is out of hospital. 

I did Redricks. Not been for a while. Bad rain prior does challenge the ground here and it was a good test of the wellies but no worries. 

My Blaser is broken! Cracked ejector which I spotted during a clean luckily. Not worth trying to shoot it further it’s now a grenade. Mulliners are on holiday so could be a good while until it’s sorted. So, got my lovely looking, but definitely not preferred Perazzi out of the cabinet. 

Bloody gusty today. The course was pretty good and while wind affected it wasn’t ruined. The amazing thing today was that James Attwood straighted it!!! Next up was 96 which is what I would have said a top bloke might shoot. 

Anyway, I had some fun. Shot all the long stuff well but fell down on the fiddly edge on crossers with the P gun making no sense to me. It’s heavy at the front and I’m going to have to adopt a new style for the next month. I just need to find what that style is. 😆 Finished on 83, dropping 5 on last stand. Never found a long 70mm clay and missed another easier one in frustration. (My AAA mate I was shooting with never hit it either). 

Sorry, long post. I may need your shoulders to cry on until the Blaser is out of hospital. 
I've shot redricks 3 time's now and stand 12 has done me every time dropping 7x8 - 4x8 and 3x10 last time. Something very deceiving about that stand. Northampton today clay's quite wind affected but luckily never strong enough to push the gun about ( which I really hate ) finished on 86.

I've shot redricks 3 time's now and stand 12 has done me every time dropping 7x8 - 4x8 and 3x10 last time. Something very deceiving about that stand. Northampton today clay's quite wind affected but luckily never strong enough to push the gun about ( which I really hate ) finished on 86.
Jeez I hung on to the gun today like I was reeling in a tuna. Stand 11 had a good sim pair of a 25 yard looper and a 40 yard looper, both with the wind behind them. I’m proud to have felt the wind drop on just the third pair and adjust the lead accordingly. 

I’d love to have another go at stand 12 70mm. I was giving it 4 - 6 feet lead and I’m still not sure if it needed 3 or 10 feet. Very odd. 

What time did you shoot? I was at 2:30. Quite windy then. When we finished and got in the car to leave it started raining so that was lucky

Same here. My mate is AA verging on AAA and he had exactly the same problem. I reckon mossey has discovered a space time continuum.
Ha Ha......Thats for me to know & you to find out !!..........

Beam me up scotty !!

Jeez I hung on to the gun today like I was reeling in a tuna. Stand 11 had a good sim pair of a 25 yard looper and a 40 yard looper, both with the wind behind them. I’m proud to have felt the wind drop on just the third pair and adjust the lead accordingly. 

I’d love to have another go at stand 12 70mm. I was giving it 4 - 6 feet lead and I’m still not sure if it needed 3 or 10 feet. Very odd. 
Give it 2/3 ft & you wont be far off !!.........

That 70mm trap was 26-27 paces out with a medium amount of spring, thats the great thing about the 70mm, makes the shooter think its much further out & faster due to its consistent flight line, many think its a midi at a further distance & pace !!.....i enjoy having it in my armory.

Day off today so made the most of it. Went to Barby for there registered shoot. Great set up where all the stands are undercover. Shot ok, loopers caught me out though. Shame their registered shoots are only on weekdays . 

Barbury, dry bit soft a chilly wind at times but nowt horrible. Usual mid week squad of chums, a mid week shoot and it’s near rammed by shooters from near and afar ( fair few Welshman I will add ) St1 had a blue l-r low crosser that wasn’t the easiest to see from cage, St3 had a l-r “rat” which felt that close you could have stamped on it, no “perfect” pattern from any choke/cartridge combinations here, missed two of the pesky things. As ever dropped a few, although shot the bigger stuff well enough for me. St12 and just as the drizzle arrive I managed to straight it so big 😊 to finish on. Sam Usher ( as most of these stars a AAA and recent England shot ) High Gun on 99. It was a happy day for I, and in that Im not alone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hornet (College Farm) today. People talking about how easy Barbury was yesterday. Well Hornet was quite different. Great targets but nothing easy at all, with several proper long distance clays, where 4 of my misses came. I’m using my P gun, but really don’t think that’s the issue, I just wasn’t reading the big lead required at first. 

Annoyingly I missed 7 on the last three stands, which doubled my losses to that point, so 86. Very enjoyable testing course. 

Barbury yesterday for us and I honestly didn’t think it was easy!  Hit the long stuff well but there was just 3 stands I mucked up on, 8 the midi and battue going away and 9 the sim pair (close isn’t the word) 🤣. Just didn’t get into a rhythm at all,  what I did hit I munched up but the close stuff done for me.  I know there was some high scores but I wouldn’t say it was an easy shoot.  Last shoot there I had a PB of 88, yesterday down to earth with a 74!!!  Must have been the thrill of picking up my prize money plus they found a £50 from me coming third in the semi auto last year!!  Had a really good squad with people never met before but really nice.  Quite windy when we shot which made targets interesting and as we finished the rain started. 

Back