Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot at Grange farm today. First time I've been , enjoyed the shoot but not my score. 13 stands, and didn't do well on 5 of them . Seems like they had a real good turn out today. 208 , I think they said.

I liked the ground, good mixture of targets . Will definitely be returning . 

Hangman’s stone today. Massive entry as expected, 200 plus. Got round in just over 2 hours starting 12.45. Good to see Donna and El Spavo (Matt). 

Very enjoyable course I thought. There was great variety, no really easy stand, but also nothing really hard. Plenty of targets needing some lead though. Some very high scores in, but at least 5 people capable of winning the British Open were there. HG tied on 98 between Richard Faulds and Billy Greenwood, who is becoming a really big name now. 

I managed 93 which included a really daft pair missed, from concentrating on my friends shooting and not looking at where they were coming from. Gotta stop doing that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Grange farm also. Pretty tough I thought. Shot well except  for our last stand . (Stand1) which was an absolute pair of dolly bird incomers that I would start beginners on. Missed 3 🤷‍♂️🤯🤔 Still trying to figure it out. Doh. 

Jasper. 

Hangman’s also, had to queue on road to get in! Although on & shooting on my Tod saw plenty of friendly faces and did have lots of waiting time for more than the odd chat. Didn’t have very good start, St1, off a platform incoming 1/4ering r-l orange, I struggled to focus on it missed all four, later when stand was empty I tried it again & still couldn’t touch it. Elsewhere missing a few l-r bunnies apart had a pleasant enough afternoon. Saw MrHewland straight two 10 target stands, the latter of which St12 one also managed to straight to finish on a bounce so to speak. Yes lots of big names there so yes some serious scores, place is really popular and well worth a visit. 

Hangman’s also, had to queue on road to get in! Although on & shooting on my Tod saw plenty of friendly faces and did have lots of waiting time for more than the odd chat. Didn’t have very good start, St1, off a platform incoming 1/4ering r-l orange, I struggled to focus on it missed all four, later when stand was empty I tried it again & still couldn’t touch it. Elsewhere missing a few l-r bunnies apart had a pleasant enough afternoon. Saw MrHewland straight two 10 target stands, the latter of which St12 one also managed to straight to finish on a bounce so to speak. Yes lots of big names there so yes some serious scores, place is really popular and well worth a visit. 
Sorry Rich, nice to see you today also! Sadly I missed one midi on stand 12.. well shot. 

Grange farm also. Pretty tough I thought. Shot well except  for our last stand . (Stand1) which was an absolute pair of dolly bird incomers that I would start beginners on. Missed 3 🤷‍♂️🤯🤔 Still trying to figure it out. Doh. 

Jasper. 
Glad someone else found it tough. 

Hi Chris. I think most did to be fair. Shot behind you on (tricky)stand 5, I think. Will take a look at the stats on cpsa scores when they publish. The overall average for the shoot gives a good indication of difficulty.  (although it doesn't always tell the full story). 

Although Adam did say afterwards it was a difficult shoot. 

Jasper. 

Hangman’s for us too. First time there, got there around 11.30 and started shooting about 12 and it was busy!  We jumped a few stands here and there and I thoroughly enjoyed it although I got cold towards end.  I mucked up on stand 11, didn’t hit any rabbits and finished on a 79 which is well above my average so happy.  Massive well done to Ceyla who shot a new PB and ended up on a fantastic 93 also. 👏👏👏

Good to see Will today at Hangman's. Saw a few monogrammed/stitched vests from here knocking about, but always keep my distance out of respect for others who I don't know, so hope you all shot well. 😊

I was absolutely were I should be on the scores front, but quite enjoyed it all apart from the ridiculous queues... I've been spoilt at my shooting club! 😄

By stand 11, I was enjoying playing around so was trying to hit the rabbit as early as physically possible, and relatively successful too... Missed the last one cos I pushed it TOO far! 😄

Good to see Will today at Hangman's. Saw a few monogrammed/stitched vests from here knocking about, but always keep my distance out of respect for others who I don't know, so hope you all shot well. 😊

I was absolutely were I should be on the scores front, but quite enjoyed it all apart from the ridiculous queues... I've been spoilt at my shooting club! 😄

By stand 11, I was enjoying playing around so was trying to hit the rabbit as early as physically possible, and relatively successful too... Missed the last one cos I pushed it TOO far! 😄
Good to see you. Hope the variety was good fun.👍👍

Redricks today 12 stand's of good targets slightly muddy underfoot but a good shoot I hit 89
Well shot. What was HG? I think it went a bit tough for a while a few months ago and has been more realistic recently. I was due to go to the last one which got cancelled. Edit. Just checked on CPSA. Looks a sensible shoot. 

Hi Chris. I think most did to be fair. Shot behind you on (tricky)stand 5, I think. Will take a look at the stats on cpsa scores when they publish. The overall average for the shoot gives a good indication of difficulty.  (although it doesn't always tell the full story). 

Although Adam did say afterwards it was a difficult shoot. 

Jasper. 
Hi Jasper

Stand 5 , R -L crosser than the going away. Didn't touch any of the r-l but got all the going away. If you saw someone saying to the ref how to pronounce Essig ,that'll be me. Seemed a recurring thing, have trouble with that on a regular basis.

Looked at the cpsa results from the shoot. Hell of a lot of scores coming in at 70 and below. 

Hi Jasper

Stand 5 , R -L crosser than the going away. Didn't touch any of the r-l but got all the going away. If you saw someone saying to the ref how to pronounce Essig ,that'll be me. Seemed a recurring thing, have trouble with that on a regular basis.

Looked at the cpsa results from the shoot. Hell of a lot of scores coming in at 70 and below. 
Yep Chris that was the stand and that was you also in front of me. The right to left crosser , I hit one. (AA class) . Watched one very very good shot(AAA) miss them all. Me I couldn't repeat the hit. The stats show a 72% average on the overall result. So quite low I'd say. Making it a difficult  shoot. Their last shoot had an 82% average . Which maybe is a a tad too much the other way. Anyhows it is what it is . You can only shoot(at) what is front of you. 

Jasper. 

Well shot. What was HG? I think it went a bit tough for a while a few months ago and has been more realistic recently. I was due to go to the last one which got cancelled. Edit. Just checked on CPSA. Looks a sensible shoot. 
Thanks. Yes it was sensible, there was no silly targets but several stand's that you could drop a couple on. 

AGL today was a test I felt. Nice day for it, not too cold or too bright. Met Darren from here on last stand. Maybe three stands fairly straightforward (but not easy) and the rest required one’s full attention and experience if applicable..

Missed a couple of silly ones, but otherwise felt I wrung about all I could out of it to finish on 89. I’ll stick my neck out and guess HG won’t be over 94. I enjoyed it but maybe it could have done with easing off on a couple of stands for mass appeal. 

Update: HG was 92 and he only straighted half the stands

Somerset today, been working in county so took advantage, with some usual chums too 😊 Two scorers had to cancel so after racing through three fairly stiff stand we had a bit of wait for a ref. Due to livestock only 11 stands, of these one ( and just one ) was, even for I “steady” whilst for I plenty of the others were, er “tough” and most far too good(?) for my level. Not alone as quite a few that I saw appeared to be struggling, Robin was certainly not afraid to have used the topography & open sky & he added plenty of distance on most too, no one here today complaining about lack of spring! Did find the odd monster target but not with any confidence nor consistently enough to worry anyone. Yes it was nice to “blow” a few of these up, generally I was just nowhere near competent enough for what was being thrown. HGun when we left was 91, whoever shot that deserved his win

AGL today was a test I felt. Nice day for it, not too cold or too bright. Met Darren from here on last stand. Maybe three stands fairly straightforward (but not easy) and the rest required one’s full attention and experience if applicable..

Missed a couple of silly ones, but otherwise felt I wrung about all I could out of it to finish on 89. I’ll stick my neck out and guess HG won’t be over 94. I enjoyed it but maybe it could have done with easing off on a couple of stands for mass appeal. 

Update: HG was 92 and he only straighted half the stands
Glad to meet you today, always nice to put faces to names. Couple of really tricky stands and no real card fillers. The bird off of the tele handler on stand 7 foxed most people. I couldn't find it at all, might go back for a practice if it's still there. I did the same last month with the small looper on the same stand last month. Finished on a pretty average (for me) 73. Not complaining though, on the last few registereds I've been shooting like a muppet.

Glad to meet you today, always nice to put faces to names. Couple of really tricky stands and no real card fillers. The bird off of the tele handler on stand 7 foxed most people. I couldn't find it at all, might go back for a practice if it's still there. I did the same last month with the small looper on the same stand last month. Finished on a pretty average (for me) 73. Not complaining though, on the last few registereds I've been shooting like a muppet.
That long midi on 7 was deceptive. I did spot it was slowing and people were generally in front. It did look monster. I missed it with about 6 feet of lead.  I then tried a bit more lead, missed again. I then cut back to about 3 or 4 feet only and hit it three in a row (got an extra go due to no bird on next target). 

Back