Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly the last entry this year so Happy new year everybody.

Was I the only one to go to Owls Lodge Christmas shoot today? anyway I have had 2 weeks off work with no shooting and just had to get out despite the weather forecast. It was raining as predicted, consequently I wasn't expecting to do well and it lived up/down? to my expectations. The rain was steady to heavy all the time I was there, (until around 1pm,) it probably went on all afternoon. I was dressed to keep dry but the big issue was that my glasses kept getting wet and I had to dry them off periodically. I thought I was at a disadvantage but, surprisingly, most people were still using shooting glasses and some just leaving them wet.

There's not much point giving a blow by blow account, needless to say I put in a low score (73) although I was getting better as I went round, from Stand 8-13 I was shooting better so most of the damage was done in the first half.

Queues unsurprisingly were OK, I got round in about two hours. My gun got saturated, I could see the wood darkening in places, I was pleased that I had no issues with swollen wood clashing with the top lever as has happened with this gun in the past (Beretta 692) so my amateur fix from a couple of years ago was still holding up.

All in all, I thought there were two or three firm stands, all the others were there to be hit and I enjoyed the session.

Possibly the last entry this year so Happy new year everybody.

Was I the only one to go to Owls Lodge Christmas shoot today? anyway I have had 2 weeks off work with no shooting and just had to get out despite the weather forecast. It was raining as predicted, consequently I wasn't expecting to do well and it lived up/down? to my expectations. The rain was steady to heavy all the time I was there, (until around 1pm,) it probably went on all afternoon. I was dressed to keep dry but the big issue was that my glasses kept getting wet and I had to dry them off periodically. I thought I was at a disadvantage but, surprisingly, most people were still using shooting glasses and some just leaving them wet.

There's not much point giving a blow by blow account, needless to say I put in a low score (73) although I was getting better as I went round, from Stand 8-13 I was shooting better so most of the damage was done in the first half.

Queues unsurprisingly were OK, I got round in about two hours. My gun got saturated, I could see the wood darkening in places, I was pleased that I had no issues with swollen wood clashing with the top lever as has happened with this gun in the past (Beretta 692) so my amateur fix from a couple of years ago was still holding up.

All in all, I thought there were two or three firm stands, all the others were there to be hit and I enjoyed the session.
Was planning on doing this as it's a local ground but was tipping down when I woke up so stayed indoors, was hoping it might clear up from about 12 but got worse if anything so stayed at home in the dry.

Possibly the last entry this year so Happy new year everybody.Was I the only one to go to Owls Lodge Christmas shoot today? 
We went and got very soggy.  I managed to shoot in my coat and cap which I hate.  I enjoyed the course in good company. We started on stand 5 and did 1 to 4 last. Had two bad stands - stand 1 which was silly really but by that time I was very wet and getting cold and the post in the stand really put me off for the second bird - lost 5.  Also stand 6 lost 5.  Other than that lost one or two on stands with three straights. Finished on 76 so given the conditions that was fine by me.  

Latest posts

Back