Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Westfield reg shoot this morning

Just joined cpsa this week so my first proper reg shoot. 

Great ground,great targets and the weather was decent for this time of year. 

Few stands caused me problems and killed my score. Overall really enjoyed the shoot 
OMG what a ground to do your first registered shoot!  Brave of you but well done.  
We shot there too this morning, only our third trip there, really enjoy it, great targets.  Didn’t perform as I did last Sunday and mid week but still enjoyed it and had a few great stands and some not so great! 

OMG what a ground to do your first registered shoot!  Brave of you but well done.  
I have heard Steve puts on a harder shoot.

I didn't shoot as good as I normally do at my normal club (wedgenock /Warwick) . But I expected it to be a step up . 

My thinking is the more shoots like this I go to the better I'll get 

Well done , I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and yes it is the only way to improve by shooting good clays 

just don’t fall into the big trap of chasing averages hahaha they mean absolutely bugger all 

We shot there too this morning, only our third trip there, really enjoy it, great targets.  Didn’t perform as I did last Sunday and mid week but still enjoyed it and had a few great stands and some not so great! 
Nice to meet you. I gave you a hand out of the bomb hole (stand 11)

Jasper. 

Westfield for us today.  As said the weather wasn’t at all bad for this time of year and I didn’t do badly at all although I’d only missed 6 by the time I got to the driven stand and then missed all 4 and 1 of the other clays so missed 5 there!  😤 As Steve was in the vicinity I treated him to many hand gestures.  Only missed one of his sim pair of teal though 😁.  I did well and I hope each little high will build back my confidence.  Got a few straights as well including the 5 sim pairs on stand one which probably gave me a boost.  

I'm sorry I didn't put two and two together  and realise it was the donna from on here. Until later. 🤣

Perhaps then we could have had a proper introduction. 

Jasper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Westfield for us today.  As said the weather wasn’t at all bad for this time of year and I didn’t do badly at all although I’d only missed 6 by the time I got to the driven stand and then missed all 4 and 1 of the other clays so missed 5 there!  😤 As Steve was in the vicinity I treated him to many hand gestures.  Only missed one of his sim pair of teal though 😁.  I did well and I hope each little high will build back my confidence.  Got a few straights as well including the 5 sim pairs on stand one which probably gave me a boost.  
See MrHoskins had a good day too 👏

I'm sorry I didn't put two and two together  and realise it was the donna from on here. Until later. 🤣

Perhaps then we could have had a proper introduction. 

Jasper. 
That would be nice, it’s always good to put a face to a name!,

Well done , I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and yes it is the only way to improve by shooting good clays 

just don’t fall into the big trap of chasing averages hahaha they mean absolutely bugger all 
Oh MrLovatt now don't go upsetting half of your potential customers.😉

I did the Churchill Challenge today. Good fun and rather like Super sporting with 3 traps on most stands and 6 on the 20 bird sequence. Didn’t shoot very well, but a nice change from a normal registered sporting. Tricky sim pairs that you don’t always have great knowledge of are what need to be mastered. Recommend it. It’s on until end of March I think.

I did the Churchill Challenge today. Good fun and rather like Super sporting with 3 traps on most stands and 6 on the 20 bird sequence. Didn’t shoot very well, but a nice change from a normal registered sporting. Tricky sim pairs that you don’t always have great knowledge of are what need to be mastered. Recommend it. It’s on until end of March I think.
Will certainly be making a trip to shoot this. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anyone do the EJC Reg shoot yesterday? Heard rumours it was on the tough side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone do the EJC Reg shoot yesterday? Heard rumours it was on the tough side.
I did. Firstly, 98 from Chris was absolutely amazing and well clear of anybody else. He’s been on fire lately. 

It was a good shoot, but had a few odd stands that could really catch you out. I started Ok, then had a few bad stands in the middle and end. There was a total newbie on my squad and I really distracted myself making sure he was Ok and assisting him.  All my fault but got distracted. The first stand where I cocked up was 6, where I really wasn’t looking and hit 4/8. Another stand (9 or 10) was a weird rabbit that nobody on my squad hit more than twice. I got annoyed and missed the other target also, so a real mess. On stand 12 I was really miffed and threw some more away. Not like me, but lost the plot. Never mind, shoot another day.. it wasn’t the easiest shoot, but really only 4 stands to kick you if you weren’t on top form. 

Thanks Will, I'm having to do Reg shoots vicariously through this thread until my gun's back from being serviced.
We are going to Hangman’s Stone tomorrow for first time then our guns going in for service on Monday, so no shooting for a few weeks unless we get the autos out!

We are going to Hangman’s Stone tomorrow for first time then our guns going in for service on Monday, so no shooting for a few weeks unless we get the autos out!
I've been shooting my auto, just not at Reg Comps.  Terrible at first, then realised that it needed the comb lifted to shoot more like my Kreighoff.  Made a big difference, shot 8 stands of sporting practice at the local ground this morning - 70/80. 

Back