Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all what everyone has said so im just sayin a big fat yes I be there, but I will speak to roxtons sporting who I coach for see if I can get I prize of some kind....be a good meet up

Would be very happy to host this event - Growl please feel free to email me [email protected]) or call the ground 01242 870391 so we can chat over the dates and the formats etc. Would have to be a Saturday, we dont hold registered shoots, so it would be your own unique shoot - open to all ideas and suggestions. I would also put a decent prize up. I have a prize for Iggy - tin of green paint (private joke...).

Sportap (Compak), Sporting and what about 5 pairs of Double Trap??
OK all here goes, how about Coleys on Saturday 9th March, start at 11am
I will speak to Phil to formalise layout.
Please let me know if you are up for this so we have a close idea of who is coming, also let me know if you like the idea of this being a fur n feather, and also if you think we should have a sheild done.
Winner of the sheild would be the most improved shot (honest average % of last 3 shoots - submitted before the day)

I am still happy to try and set up some "get together" shoots in other regions going forward if there is a call for it, however this challenge seems to have developed into a "stand alone" spectacular.

I am more than happy to take any suggestions on how to dole out places/prizes as there seem to be a few extra's being offered.
Really looking forward to this, with luck it should be a great event.

All the best, Growl.

Thanks Simon, what are your thoughts on having a shield done and the fur n feather? Cheers Growl

Fur and Feather sounds a great idea.

Shield also sounds interesting. Make it a two monthly event then the most improved from

One shoot to the next wins the shield?

Cheers for that, I was thinking more of an annual event for the shield with the winner holding into it till the next 'shoot clay challenge" but happy to go with the majority, thanks again for the input, Graham

Great ideas and all - lets coordinate on names/trophies - we already have a couple of ShootClay trophy events.... The ShootClay Cup and the ShootClay Shield were held at Coleys last year.... and we plan to run them again this year...

Lets keep those in place...  The Cup was a High Gun Prize / The Shield was a prize for a C-Class shoot-off to reward new shooters.

I'm happy to chip in and help sponsor another one - for the most improved shooter or similar, but I'd love to keep the names that we have. Fair deal?

If we run this, and the other two - I'll create a 'Trophy Room' page on the main site to capture our winners.

Didn't know about the others, how about the "support challenge shield" or we could just leave the shield idea and run it as a bit more of an informal "fur n feather" and if there are any donated prizes then these go to the most improved shots, what do you think? Cheers Growl.

Didn't know about the others, how about the "support challenge shield" or we could just leave the shield idea and run it as a bit more of an informal "fur n feather" and if there are any donated prizes then these go to the most improved shots, what do you think? Cheers Growl.

I'm in favour of the Growl cup / shield. As it was graham who started all this by not quitting

It would serve as a reminder that when you are at a low point in your shooting there is always something to look forward to, to put a smile back on your face.

I am fine with the date - count me in.

Both the shield and smaller fun prises sound good. Anything better than a wooden spoon :)

Admin 'Trophy room' idea is a great too.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

James

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in favour of the Growl cup / shield. As it was graham who started all this by not quitting
It would serve as a reminder that when you are at a low point in your shooting there is always something to look forward to, to put a smile back on your face.
The 'Growl Shield' is good. We can then all remember the reasons for the annual (or sooner) meet up.

Thanks for the sentiment guys I'm touched, if was thinking of suggesting the "MISS" most improved shooter shield, Oh, Jimbob i think someone did mention a wooden spoon type award as well, so we 're not out of the woods yet!

Thanks for the sentiment guys I'm touched, if was thinking of suggesting the "MISS" most improved shooter shield, Oh, Jimbob i think someone did mention a wooden spoon type award as well, so we 're not out of the woods yet!
It wouldn't be the same without it Growl!

I've got plenty of room on the shelf next to the rest of them

I’ll put the trophy up for the least improved, what should the wording be on it?

Back