Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep sounds like a big meet up, longridge ok ish drive for me. Count me in as long as date ok.

I'd be up for a bash at longridge :thumbsu:  be good to meet everyone and enjoy the otters, any suggestions for dates ?

Nice one maxum bloody annoying that type one thing and it comes out otters should have been b.a.n.t.e.r. and I see its started :lol:

Vika and I would but up for this if the dates work - bit of a journey but could be fun even though our scores won't impress  :newrussian:

Wow, this seems to be getting along at a pace!, I have just tried to do a bit of a map with everyone who has posted an interest and we are a pretty spread out bunch, the fact that we would all like to have a get together and enjoy a good shoot shows what a great bunch clay shots really are. I have a few suggestions which may or may not float your boats, please feel free to comment and we will go with the majority.

• instead of a 3 shoot plan should we go for 1 big get together
  • Ian Coleys is about central would this be a possible for travel
  • shoot over a minimum of 100 birds
  • just sporting or all round - sporting, compak and DTL
  • dates - mid to late feb or early march 16/17 or 23/24 or 2/3 subject to shoot availability (I'll check with chosen ground owner)
  • Saturday or Sunday
  • how about to take away any pressure we make this a 'fur n feather' everyone bring a prize (min £8 max £30) and get to choose based on score on the day related to last three shoot average
  • possible sheild (we could all chip in a couple of quid) engraved and held for a year - if we want this to be a yearly event
Happy to change any of the above based on suggestions, still happy to try and set this up over three shoots if wanted with one shoot to count (say north, midland and south) though this may take langer to plan and would mean less of us actually get together and shoot.

we could do this on a practice day arrangement or during a registered shoot (this would mean it being a sporting shoot only) if folk don't want to miss out on a days competition.

Please let me know what you think, thanks for the interest shown (could be a nice big get together this) best regards, Growl.

:hi:

Coley's is good for me ( I know Phil needs the money! :whistle:  )

I don't mind what disciplines we shoot, or how many - the more the better! 

A Saturday would be best, so we don't miss out on the registered ESP's, and maybe early March to give us a better chance with the weather?

All that said, I'll go with the majority (there's a rumour that we live in a democracy, although I see no evidence yet!)  :D

Thanks for the input teepee, as for the democracy - iv'e always found whoever you vote for the government seem to get in every time!

I'm in. What about we make a day of it for all those travelling. 100 sporting 25 skeet 25 dtl 25 compact.

Just a thought happy to go with whatever for the day

Hi Growl,

Happy to be involved in this, however, i refuse to shoot at Oakedge ever again (Please dont ask) but im more than happy to jon in on the other 2 grounds, just let me know dates and Parkie and myself will be there.

Coleys is good, nice and central for most i should immagine !

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Coley's is good for me ( I know Phil needs the money! :whistle: )

I don't mind what disciplines we shoot, or how many - the more the better!

A Saturday would be best, so we don't miss out on the registered ESP's, and maybe early March to give us a better chance with the weather?

All that said, I'll go with the majority (there's a rumour that we live in a democracy, although I see no evidence yet!) :D
Same as teepee for me.

I like the sound of Coleys, and prefer a Saturday just because the long drive home on a Sunday is a bit of a killer with work the next day.

Looking forward to it

I would like to join in sounds good fun , would be nice to put some names to faces , and I have wanted to visit Coleys sounds like the perfect opportunity

Coleys is ok for travel for me and as its been said it does seem pretty central, saturday would be  better but will go with the majority vote

:yes:

What time would we kick off?  It's a 3 hour drive to Coleys.

Set up suggested by you seems good Growl

Would be very happy to host this event - Growl please feel free to email me [email protected]) or call the ground 01242 870391 so we can chat over the dates and the formats etc. Would have to be a Saturday, we dont hold registered shoots, so it would be your own unique shoot - open to all ideas and suggestions. I would also put a decent prize up. I have a prize for Iggy - tin of green paint (private joke...).

Sportap (Compak), Sporting and what about 5 pairs of Double Trap??

Back