2014 Smashing Clays 'War of the Roses' Charity Shoot - 100 ESP - 24th MAY - Hazel Bank SG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 2 more sleeps  :hyper:   :hyper:   :hyper:   :hyper:  
Phil just remember what King Harold said at the Battle of Hastings, just before he died ........."keep and eye on that burk with the bow and arrow, he'll have some buggers eye out". So be careful, you will have a tarpie on the loose with no formal line!

Only 2 more sleeps  :hyper:   :hyper:   :hyper:   :hyper:  

Phil just remember what King Harold said at the Battle of Hastings, just before he died ........."keep and eye on that burk with the bow and arrow, he'll have some buggers eye out". So be careful, you will have a tarpie on the loose with no formal line!
PMSL

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

One.........more...............sleeeeeep.  Wooohooooo!!!  :hyper:   :hyper:   :goodjob:   :hyper:   :hyper:

We will be off at about 3pm this afternoon stopping at our favourite chippy (eat in were posh you know) in Kirby stephens. Then call at the spar to stock up on provisions of the Scottish variety then were off to find our campsite for some "Ray mears" type survival antics. (Well camper type camping we don't sleep on the floor, were posh you know)

PS

Phil, wellies are now a definite requirement as is a big brollie

We will be off at about 3pm this afternoon stopping at our favourite chippy (eat in were posh you know) in Kirby stephens. Then call at the spar to stock up on provisions of the Scottish variety then were off to find our campsite for some "Ray mears" type survival antics. (Well camper type camping we don't sleep on the floor, were posh you know)

PS

Phil, wellies are now a definite requirement as is a big brollie
Ian.....can you please define "camper type camping"?  As for Ray Mears, he wanders around eating berries, leaves and bloody roots that he finds all over the place, are you going to cheat? You know....... a secret stash of pies somewhere? :laugh:

Sleeping snugly in a wee tin box I would imagine. Not that I'm against caravans, just hate being stuck behind them on the roads.

Fancy a camper van though :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

posh camper type camping is defined as sleeping in the back of ones van but with a drive away awning erected at the side for the purposes of cooking and drinking and smoking. Its one up from tent camping but a long way down from caravan or motorhome camping. The benefits are as follows, you don't have to tow anything or drive a ruddy great bus therefore one enjoys the ease and comfort of driving a "proper" vehicle and 45mpg :)

I gave mrs ips the option of taking the caravan or even to stay in a posh hotel but she seems to have got it in her head to go "wild" this I believe is a direct result of witnessing mini ips camp at the side of our caravan the other week and reminiscing about days gone by when we enjoyed camping in a tent, the difference however is that this weekend seems to be wall to wall rain, so this could be either a- a lot of fun or b- a very bad idea :)

Ian, the nearest my wife would get to a tent is one of those plastic tent type greenhouse things, and then she only goes in there to water the tomatos! Well I hope it doesn't get too wet and muddy, but if it does I'm sure there will be a few local pubs where you can dry out!!!

Right gentlemen and ladies, I am off too pack then on my way to catterick.

Full shoot report next week, wish me luck I fear I will need it, incoming, crossing, two of em ... whats it all about ?

Full shoot report next week, wish me luck I fear I will need it, incoming, crossing, two of em ... whats it all about ?
FUN!!!  :hunter:   :hunter:

Ha....I tried that stuff decades ago, mini's, battue's, rabbits, dropping crows, incomers about 6feet above your head which when hit totally cover you and your gun with nasty bits of shrapnel!!!!! We will need full report AND lots of pics upon your return!!!! Have fun mate! :hunter:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we arrived at camp site after huge delays on m6 chippy tea enroute as promised to Mrs ips god i know how to show a lady a good time. Rain stopped long enough to set up camp Mrs ips gone to bed i am having night cap and cigar so all is good in the world of ips

Well we arrived at camp site after huge delays on m6 chippy tea enroute as promised to Mrs ips god i know how to show a lady a good time. Rain stopped long enough to set up camp Mrs ips gone to bed i am having night cap and cigar so all is good in the world of ips
Just about to text to see if you'd got there yet. I only had to endure 1 junction of it. That was bad enough.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Cheers Paul. Took half an hour to get leyland and an hour to get passed m55 no idea why ?

No sleeps now! This is it! The big day that we have all been waiting for.

Ips in wellies! Oh yes!

Latest posts

Back