2014 Smashing Clays 'War of the Roses' Charity Shoot - 100 ESP - 24th MAY - Hazel Bank SG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hissing down wellies are on.

Had a good nights sleep and yes campers have bog inside but and its a big but there not usable when bed is up you need a panel van or coach built for that but its not as much fun as going wild :)

Ps

Phil, zero sleeps :)

See you about 9am tea for me coffee for Lynn. Ta

Results! We need a report and results! And photos! Did he really go through with it???

Indeed i was. Full report to follow but all i will say at this time is that sporting is not good for bad backs.

Ps

as expected its official i am very cack at stuff going sideways. Sideways targets are not normal and are the work of the devil, how anyone hits a going Sideways target remains a mystery to me so hats off to going Sideways shooters

Ps

as expected its official i am very cack at stuff going sideways. Sideways targets are not normal and are the work of the devil, how anyone hits a going Sideways target remains a mystery to me so hats off to going Sideways shooters
My weakness, as you know, is the whooooshy going away ones, like those you can hit.

If we could combine our skills we would be dangerous!

Congratulations on your day. That has resolved me to try some trap to conquer some demons before the year is out. If only Les isn't always on his sick bed I'll get to learn from a master.

I hope you enjoyed your day, particularly the hog roast?

Ps

If I remember correctly its just a matter of giving the right amount of lead on those sideways things! In other words it seems like you consciously shoot in front of them, as opposed to sideways fast trap birds which,due to the gun speed, are shot almost on sight, if you know what I mean?

Ok, so here's the official line.

ips did in fact attend the event and shot well.

As a first timer at a Sporting event he put in a creditable score of 56 ex 100

I will try and put some piccies up later on Les. If not it will be tomorrow.

I have to say it was a pleasure meeting Ian. The man is a true gent and he and Mrs ips were excellent compay and a pleasure to spend the day with.

All in all we raised just over £1000 for each charity and the final attendance (excluding partners etc) was 88.

A great day. Thank you ips for both your time and your support and contribution on the day. Top man.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for kind words phil.

likewise it was indeed a pleasure to meet you. Lynn and I thoroughly enjoyed the day made all the better by your company and advice on how to shoot what to me were very testing targets. Great fun and nice folk on our squad I am ashamed that I cannot remember one gentlemens name jonathon i think but a Mr Clegg who many of you will know was lumbered with me for the duration, a nice bloke cheers Brian.

I havent got the time at the moment but I will as prommised do a full ips does sporting report. I will say this though, our team (yorkshire) won but it was despite of my team place I can assure everyone that my input was of no use whatsoever.

ps

for those of you yet to have the pleasure to meet phil in person I can confirm that he is a genuinely lovely bloke, great fun to be with as I expected from our online chats. A gentleman and there are not many around these days.

I have got to say it was a very enjoyable day, it’s the first time I have been to Marne and I thought the targets were very good indeed, if they ever decide to hold a registered shoot up there I will be going back that’s for sure.

Really friendly day and well worth the drive from Lancashire. Lancashire didn’t win but I won this lot:-

So I might have to change my feelings on tight Yorkshire men with short arms deep pockets.  :biggrin:

It took some collating that hamper,enjoy.The crisps were my fave item.

I would love to say I loved  the yorkshire mix but I have a son who stole them :biggrin:   but the hamper was fantastic  :thumbsu:   :goodjob:   not had the crisps yet but the shallots, beer, yorkie bar and aforementioned  yorkshire mix  have been consumed ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back