Old guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Perazzi Grand Italia is the gun my wife uses for UTR and OTR shooting. Its a 1979 model and has had a "custom" stock fitted to fit her. She would not upgrade / swap for the world. She loves that gun.

Me personally i wish i had been able to keep all my old guns as i traded up / onwards.

Browning B325 30" sporter

Miroku 32" 3800 trap

Miroku 30" 6000 trap (high rib)

More for nostalgia purposes really than actual use.
Tell her to look after that gun mate, they must be very rare by now, I haven't seen one in donkeys years! As for the 3800, well I still have one that I bought new in 1991, still working fine and has never failed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, don't get too personal, I am one of those older know it all types. It is NOT that I do not listen, I just can NOT damned well hear !

Regarding the Shadow Indy, I can remember shooting DTL in Eire with my.................er Remington 1100 Tournament trap (sorry ips). The next Guy in the line was using a Shadow Indy, each time he shot I was aware of a hollow ringing noise from his gun. One of thoses situations where you are trying hard to concentrate, but something is not quite right and you do not know what. At the end of the round I asked him to look at his gun. We both then saw that there was a 4" split along the top edge of the bottom barrel, the noise was the side rib flapping in the breeze each time he shot. The guns were fitted with  ventilated side ribs and rust had obviously taken a good hold within the centre ribs, eventually rusting through the barrel wall from the outside. His Insurance paid out and he bought a 3800 Miroku. He sold the stock and action for a nice sum, I seem to recall.

P.S.  The Remington had been fitted with a small 'pip' let into the barrel at the breech, this deflected the spent cartridge downwards instead of across the person to your right.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Perazzi Grand Italia is the gun my wife uses for UTR and OTR shooting. Its a 1979 model and has had a "custom" stock fitted to fit her. She would not upgrade / swap for the world. She loves that gun.

Me personally i wish i had been able to keep all my old guns as i traded up / onwards.

Browning B325 30" sporter

Miroku 32" 3800 trap

Miroku 30" 6000 trap (high rib)

More for nostalgia purposes really than actual use.
I have a 3800 trap High rib with monte carlo stock,1980 build.
I've been told there aren't many around. I can't seem to find any info on it. Located Australia.
the adjustable comb is a recent addition.

Attachments

• 20231025_094731.jpg
    20231025_094731.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231025_094713.jpg
    20231025_094713.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I owned a Remmy 3200 with 30'' trap and 25'' skeet barrels ( I think they were 25'' but not 100% sure) which a few people tried and loved, some ISU skeet shooters kept asking if I would sell to them as they loved it after borrowing it for a round and eventually I gave in and sold it as I had a DT10 as well so no bother a grand in my pocket but I so wish I still had the outfit, it just put a smile on my face when I used it. I have a had a few guys at local shoots mistake it for a K80 but they had never seen one with such short barrels and no chokes, I would string them on for a few minutes then tell them it was a Remmy, bit of a giggle.

Seeing as the topic has been resurrected, I shall add to it. I have just bought a Winchester/ Classic Doubles 101 combination gun. It is a 30" multi choked Trap gun, with ported barrels and slightly ramped tapered top rib. It has 2 sets of woodwork, a Sporting stock and forend and a Trap stock and forend (which have never been used). I took the guy to buy this gun in 1992, he also bought 1000 cartridges with it. I have bought the gun and 360 of the remaining cartridges. The gun came with its cardboard boxes and the original purchase receipt. I am currently shooting the gun and have fitted the Trap stock as the Sporting stock has been catching my cheekbone (possibly need the pitch altering). The Trap stock is a bit high for my ' bring gun to cheek and shoulder' style gun mount, but the wider comb is more comfortable. It is early days, but I plan to sell my ProSport as I find it a bit heavy. The Winchester is SIT DOWN WILL.........7lbs 15ozs. 🤫

Back