Old guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you kept that quiet.

Airsporter, a classic for sure as was the meteor and super meteor. My oldest air rifle is a relum taurus circa 70 ish a truly horrible thing sold with the tag line of double concentric springs, yeah right they really worked good, not.

The Airsporter is one of those guns that doesn't shoot particularly well, isn't easy to strip or tune and the muzzle can't be threaded for a silencer without shortening the barrel first but it just looks right next to an old fireplace.

Unlike my relum which would be better in not next to said fire

The Airsporter is one of those guns that doesn't shoot particularly well, isn't easy to strip or tune and the muzzle can't be threaded for a silencer without shortening the barrel first but it just looks right next to an old fireplace.
Theoben sirocco was the air rifle of the day when I was young, they pioneered the gas strut I believe. Fantastic bits of kit, never owned one though.

I had a Theoben SLR 0.22 under lever with six shot mag and a FAC Rapid 12 great guns my brother had the fenman which had a shorter break barrel and several Rapids as well as a couple of Daystates which are really good too the groups you can shoot with the PCP guns is amazing!

Theoben sirocco was the air rifle of the day when I was young, they pioneered the gas strut I believe. Fantastic bits of kit, never owned one though.
Dad had one of those which he used in the garden to shoot grey squirrels.  He said it was the most powerful he could get without getting an FAC air rifle.  I've had a few shots with it and it is still fearsomely accurate.

Yes great guns, the company is no more I believe but their technology lives on in some Weihrauch in modified form. No spring to wear out meaning it can be left cocked for hunting makes huge sense.

My favourite that I owned was a weihrauch HW77K under lever that I bought from Joe Wheaters shop in Lincoln. Brilliant piece of kit, should never have sold it. Very heavy though.

My favourite that I owned was a weihrauch HW77K under lever that I bought from Joe Wheaters shop in Lincoln. Brilliant piece of kit, should never have sold it. Very heavy though.
Quite possibly the most accurate off the shelf gun ever but I always found them nose heavy, a sorted Venom special is something to behold though.

Quite possibly the most accurate off the shelf gun ever but I always found them nose heavy, a sorted Venom special is something to behold though.
Ooh yes, that name rings a bell, always out my price bracket though. The daystates mentioned a few posts ago were the forerunners of the pre charged market. Very common for getting them above 12flbs without an fac with a bit of tweaking (but obviously that never happened)

Had a theoben very nice also had day state. Now got air arms s400 classic with walnut stock, very nice very accurate but i love my bsa lightning classic not xl had an xl it was cack imo.

Shadow Indy with the motorway rib. I had one many moons ago bored out to I/c & 1/4. Won so much with it but as so often happens in the quest for something better I sold it on. Oh how I wish I had kept it :( They still come up for sale every now and again.

Hey Les here is your No 1 !

Can't help but think the guy has messed up fitting the adjustable stock which surely is not standard ? Well it isn't unless Browning have been hitched up with Perazzi :)  for a while, still a nice gun but not original so I'm out!

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Fusil-fosse-occasion-Browning-B25-item-1592974.html
There was a guy who used to use one of these for shooting trench at Beverley.

Nice man, haven't seen him for a number of years I'll ask round as the locals will know him and the gun as it is quite distinctive.

Strange that nobody has mentioned the Perazzi Grand Italia, great looking gun, non detachable trigger and step rib, very elegant looking gun !! I did not enjoy shooting it though, but it still looked good!

Latest posts

Back