Cartridge price increases now getting silly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fantastic idea but if you get anywhere up to 10 no birds on a round of 100 (seems about par these days, especially during cold n wet months) they’re not going to load that loss back on for you I’d bet. I may be wrong and would love to hear that to be the case?
Nope no allowance for no birds. I got one and the first round had 14 no birds. Second round had 1.

Anyone else watched the film We are the Millers?

Every available space in their motorhome is packed with cocaine. My house now resembles that but with cartridges! 

If I keep them long enough they'll be worth more per kg than cocaine the way things are going!😂🤣

PM.

Baschieri & Pellagri. Been around for years and big component manufacturers. Currently being pushed hard in the uk. 

Irrelevant to anyone not prepared to pay £350+ for a thousand.

PM.
Thanks PM and at £350 per 1000, that's why I have never heard of them 😄

B&P is high quality but also high price. We have just on retailer here in germany which is also the importer.

I think B&P delivers it´s powders also to Clever Mirage.

B+p now under the fiocchi umbrella.  I obtained some for a good price recently. They are absolutely  the dogs danglies.  Superb kills at any range/target. The best kills I have ever seen. Anywhere anytime. But they are eyewateringly expensive.  

If you are a shooter who needs confidence  in a cartridge and money isn't  a factor , then get some. 

Jasper. 

I have just gone on to Decathlon France and the cheapest cartridges there are coming in at € 292 per thousand  which is an increase of 92 € on the price at this time last year 46% increase in one year ... if the trend continues the sport will be dead inside the next three to five years. I have what I would call an above average expendable income but it is a question of when I say hold on there are better ways to spend this money and I do not think I would be alone in saying that. Also it is not just about cartridges you have clays and fuel to pay for too . I was shooting FBlacks last year I shudder to think what they will be coming in at now they were €280/thou this time last year .

I had thought about making a return to shooting bigger competitions and so need to train more ... the price of bangers is definitely ruled that out now. I reckon my shooting is going to be reduced not increased .

I have just gone on to Decathlon France and the cheapest cartridges there are coming in at € 292 per thousand  which is an increase of 92 € on the price at this time last year 46% increase in one year ... if the trend continues the sport will be dead inside the next three to five years. I have what I would call an above average expendable income but it is a question of when I say hold on there are better ways to spend this money and I do not think I would be alone in saying that. Also it is not just about cartridges you have clays and fuel to pay for too . I was shooting FBlacks last year I shudder to think what they will be coming in at now they were €280/thou this time last year .

I had thought about making a return to shooting bigger competitions and so need to train more ... the price of bangers is definitely ruled that out now. I reckon my shooting is going to be reduced not increased .
Over at my place in Spain at the moment and just checked out prices at my local Decathlon. Their 28gm 7.5 are on sale at 70.99eu per slab. That's a little bit cheaper but still a massive price hike, I seem to remember before prices started to move they were over 100eu less per 1000

Over at my place in Spain at the moment and just checked out prices at my local Decathlon. Their 28gm 7.5 are on sale at 70.99eu per slab. That's a little bit cheaper but still a massive price hike, I seem to remember before prices started to move they were over 100eu less per 1000
...so that blows the Brexit myth out of the water as the UK makers claim.

...so that blows the Brexit myth out of the water as the UK makers claim.
I seem to remember before the price hikes you could pick up a base UK Cartridge about £180/185 . The Decathlon Cartridges back then worked out just below £150. Today the same cartridge is on sale at at £251 on today's exchange rate. That's a massive jump even allowing for inflation. 

Back