Fiocchi - Poor quality

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell plenty of FBlacks and TT1's with no issues to date, they are well thought of by those who use them.

I thought highly of them and used them for about four years but two bad batches was one bad batch too many for me.

I bought a slab of F-Black once...shot the first 50 practice, they were thumpy!!! Shot two registered shoots with the other 200, they gave me the worst headache EVER!!! 

could have been the scotch James. :)

Ps

I am on holiday in your country in two weeks. Moffat, Oban, fort William, moffat.

I've shot Fiocchi FBlus, F3 and Official Trap for years and '000s of shells. In the '000s of shells I have fired I have had not one single malfunction or misfire. I have had 2 very slightly oddly shaped cartridges in the same box and that has been it. 

I shoot only Official Trap and Official Sporting now and they are really soft shooting and seem to pattern well though my 3/8 chokes.

I have tried all sorts of manufacturers and I am a sucker for a good bit of marketing, but for me I will always use Fiocchi whenever I can. I trust them to work everytime and that is one less thing to fret about.

I've shot Fiocchi FBlus, F3 and Official Trap for years and '000s of shells. In the '000s of shells I have fired I have had not one single malfunction or misfire. I have had 2 very slightly oddly shaped cartridges in the same box and that has been it. 

I shoot only Official Trap and Official Sporting now and they are really soft shooting and seem to pattern well though my 3/8 chokes.

I have tried all sorts of manufacturers and I am a sucker for a good bit of marketing, but for me I will always use Fiocchi whenever I can. I trust them to work everytime and that is one less thing to fret about.
A bold statement,  

ll stick to the old adage  "Once bitten, Twice shy"

:santa:

I shot at our clay ground last Saturday where TT1 ones were being used and the guy i when't round with had nine wads stuck in the barrel from nine cartridges out two box's and a lot more were having the same, sent an email to Fiocchi no reply as nornal 

I shot at our clay ground last Saturday where TT1 ones were being used and the guy i when't round with had nine wads stuck in the barrel from nine cartridges out two box's and a lot more were having the same, sent an email to Fiocchi no reply as nornal 
I shoot these and I buy 1000 a week (plastic) minimum and have done so for over a year.  I have only had a few misshapen cartridges and never had that.  Just goes to show.  

Same with anything - you can only judge based on your own experiences. Some will be happy with no probs and others will get an issue that puts them off. I have never tried fiocchi but now wouldnt after seeing another shooter in front of me get so many misfires in a comp.

Forgot to add, my partner shoots Fiocchi too. Has done for the same length of time as me so my experience is greater than eluded to in my earlier post. Again, not one single issue. She hits more than me too damn it!

If someone had nine wads in a barrel and so did 'lots more' I would suggest dampness has crept in during the storage at some point. This is usually the case.

A quick search on here and you will find the same story with Eley and Gamebore at different times. Also some own brand Sportsmans Gun Centre ones I think were mentioned.

As someone rightly points out, you can only go off your own experience and for me Fiocchi go bang everytime and sometimes I even hit clays too! Bonus.

Watched a guy shooting in a competition have a one in four ratio for misfires using golden trap. Looked like the primer was set too low in the brass. Cartridges costing that much should not be giving problems... had that been a really important comp he would have been losing scores. I have heard people say you cannot win a major competition using cheap/ basic cartridges to me this particular instance completly knocks that myth into touch if anybody was even to hint at that being the case to me I would laugh them down now. I have shot literally thousands of very cheap Decathlon cartridges and never had one misfire or failure of any sort... you might pick bones about patterning or consistancy of velocity etc BUT I would never have lost a score due to something as simple as the cartridge not firing!

I think all manufacturers are capable of producing dud cartridges but some have far better quality control than others.  If I buy Eley I'll have a faulty one within a couple thousand. Others will shoot pallet loads and never have an issue. I think if you have massive confidence in a particular cartridge you tend to overlook the odd dodgy one.

On a personal note I wouldn't use Fiocchi after the endless topics hijacked on this very forum in the past. I found it a complete turn off. Its funny how different things effect your choice of cartridge.

You never know how they have been stored prior to use could of got damp.

Now in my 4th year of shooting Rio. In about 45,000 shells I have just 1 that didn't go bang! Under £160 s 1000. Barrels clean and patterns are as even as anything I have patterned. The only slight downside is that the recoil could be a touch smoother, but I have smashed some VERY distant targets so trust them implicitly. And they open out well for the close targets. Total confidence ammo for me..

I used some Rio T loads and found them to be on par with my usual Clever T2's and about €40 per thou cheaper... Cannot get them locally though ? I think you have to be a really great shot to make an expensive cartridge worth while but like many things in life if you think something is better than an alternative it is one thing taken out of the equation.

At Beverley two weeks ago at an OT comp, reffing after our first line, the squad after us starts shooting, the guy on 6 looked down his barrel before he loaded (glad he did) and there was a wad from his last shot on his previous line....   And it was a Fiocchi F Blue...

Am seeing lots of low pressure loads and low primers from them, I sold Fiocchi for years and was moving around 20,000 a week, then suddnly loads of misfires and they were low primers, right through the range, never had that with other makes. At that time Eley had their act together, as they had a period of no shot, no wad, no powder , wad wrong way up and this was mainly in the Gold which was their premium shell.

Never see this problem with the premium loaders in Italy, as they buy in all the components and seem to have a higher quality control, The machines get some hammer in the mass market manufacturers factories and a tolerance slip going unnoticed for a day can put 100's of 1000's of sub quality rounds out there which takes years to get the confidence back of the end users.    

Look at B&P, the premium shells are expensive but every shell is inspected and hand loaded into the box..... They all go Bang....

Max they are sh*t !!! Nowhere near as good as the Rio that you sold.
Well I shoot TT's most of the time and am confident in them, as I am with the Rios. The TTs are a bit less punchy but with cartridges it's what you are confident with that matters, most of it is between your ears!

Latest posts

Back