Another price increase

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at JC prices for a reference. £229 for Litepeed fibres. Looks like Fiocchi are going up too 😞.  Still, not by the frequency and percentages increases the others are mugging us off by though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at JC prices for a reference. £229 for Litepeed fibres. Looks like Fiocchi are going up too 😞.  Still, not by the frequency and percentages increases the others are mugging us off by though.
Hopefully not by too much I've still got 2k fiocchi on order. Will update when I get a price on these 🤑

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer to this short term is to find other local shooters who use the same cartridges as you and go for a 5000/10000 bulk order to get the price down. When my new partner was married to her ex husband they used to order cartridges by the pallet load they got through so many and had them stacked up throughout the house!

Looks like Gamebore aren't pulling the pants down on our neighbours, 249 Euros for 1000 White Gold 8's at Terre & Eaux. That's about £215. JC has them for £290.

image.png

Hi just paid £234 for 1000 hull super fast fibre at shooters world Mexborough 

neil
Just looked a JC and they are dearer

than my local shop fiocchi are £229 on JC

dont know if my local sells fiocchi but the amount of shooting I do super fast are good for me

neil

The price hike over this last 12 months has been huge, all things considered. I think many shooters will change to cheaper brands where they can. This could have significant effect on sales volumes of the more expensive producers over time. If some of these manufactures don't adapt their ranges then I could see some companies going out of business. Market forces in action I suppose 

Best I can do at the moment is at Decathlon. They do a Solognac 28g 7.5 for  the equivalent  £170 per thousand which is good value. I have shot straights with them and know many people who shoot them I think of them as being a bit like any T1 cartridge. Let us be honest it is very rarely anything at all to do with the cartridge when you miss a target.

Wish decathlon over here would sell cartridges. 
Too true,

I spend a lot of time in Spain and there are loads of Decsthalon stores. When I visit and see their cartridges prices ,it makes my blood boil.

You can come to no other conclusion, UK shooters are being shafted big style

Hull certainly ain’t on the bones of their ass in this current climate.  Let’s hope they can make it through another year and shareholders funds are better than 2020! 

9FC79C94-F61C-49CF-8843-3127497CAD38.png

70C29563-4D98-455D-81F8-6CDB8B164F0A.png

Hull certainly ain’t on the bones of their ass in this current climate.  Let’s hope they can make it through another year and shareholders funds are better than 2020! 

View attachment 8819

View attachment 8820
You can’t tell much from that summary sheet. Shareholders salaries or bonuses are used to reduce the profit figure, (it makes no sense for a private company to show a big profit, as it is taxed) so how much real profit is made on the product is hidden. Gross profit at the top is a decent percentage, but can be misleading. 

I've stocked up with fiocchi and have made the decision to no longer buy from british manufacturers. I know it's easily said but I'm convinced they're running a cartel.

At the bottom end, working folk can no longer participate in our sport. At the top end we have wealthy talented individuals being given free or heavily discounted cartridges, merchandise, freebie driven days etc. I've yet to meet a title winning clay shot that isn't wealthy.

It doesn't sit well with me. No doubt the continental manufacturers do the same but prices aren't being rammed up like here.

PM.

You can’t tell much from that summary sheet. Shareholders salaries or bonuses are used to reduce the profit figure, (it makes no sense for a private company to show a big profit, as it is taxed) so how much real profit is made on the product is hidden. Gross profit at the top is a decent percentage, but can be misleading. 
Of course Will, not wanting to get into an forensic accounting here, but they certainly don’t look like they’re struggling, with turnover up considerably year on year. Point being there’s surely plenty of meat on the bone in terms of profits and they certainly don’t look like they’re on a downward spiral. 

Of course Will, not wanting to get into an forensic accounting here, but they certainly don’t look like they’re struggling, with turnover up considerably year on year. Point being there’s surely plenty of meat on the bone in terms of profits and they certainly don’t look like they’re on a downward spiral. 
Oh, I agree. My point is there is always more profit to the shareholders than the accounts show

As a matter of interest, anyone any idea of the cartridge use clay v. game. I would think that there is massive percentage in use of clay.  80% or more if I had a guess. If reading posts on here, as well as intentions of shooters I know, Hull could be in for huge drop in their sales volume. A few others may also experience similar turnover falls. 

First sentence you may have been talking directly at me... after that, you're on your own! Sounds like you're just making sh1t up to sound important as far as my ears are concerned!! #100%lost :D

At the bottom end, working folk can no longer participate in our sport. At the top end we have wealthy talented individuals being given free or heavily discounted cartridges, merchandise, freebie driven days etc.
This. This is what might drive me out.

Although this reasoning is also why I had no idea what that accounts bit meant as well! :D

If it isn't a cartel why doesn't one company spend zero on advertising, sponsorship or other freebies and simply undercut all the others.

Sell them loose by the carton. With price and social media/word of mouth. They would sell themselves.

PM.

First sentence you may have been talking directly at me... after that, you're on your own! Sounds like you're just making sh1t up to sound important as far as my ears are concerned!! #100%lost :D

This. This is what might drive me out.

Although this reasoning is also why I had no idea what that accounts bit meant as well! :D
In a really simple example, let’s say a business is headed towards making £1m profit for the year. The company then pays £900k salary bonuses (usually to the folk who own the company). The £900k is hidden in “Operating costs”. So the profit to the business is now only £100k when the accounts go in. 

In a really simple example, let’s say a business is headed towards making £1m profit for the year. The company then pays £900k salary bonuses (usually to the folk who own the company). The £900k is hidden in “Operating costs”. So the profit to the business is now only £100k when the accounts go in. 
So to add to that, if a company’s turnover is over £15m with a shareholders fund of £9m they are certainly not struggling. These figures are up year on year as well. 
put the price of cartridges up over 30% and hey presto profit increases. Makes you wonder how much raw material/logistics costs actually impacted their top line. Looking at the figures I’d say it hasn’t. Obviously no accounts submitted yet for 2021, should make for an interesting read  my guess is it will be up on last year by some margin  

it’s actually quite disgraceful really. I   don’t begrudge anyone a living or a margin but jumping on the Covid bandwagon for profit (don’t start me off on the shower in power) doesn’t sit well with me,  especially when it’s pricing people out of this fantastic sport! 

Back