What will you do ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Netherlands all clubs and grounds are closed at present, AFAIK. Most if not all sporting facilities are, in fact. Same for all hospitality services except for take-out and delivery. For the next few weeks if not longer.

So, not needing to worry about drying / curing times, I will be pulling the woodwork from my gun and refinishing it. Guess I'll finally get up to more layers of oil and sanding /polishing than I ever would have thought. Hopefully back to using it all shiny after all this.    

I understand there will be a CPSA meeting this afternoon to establish what, if any events will take place in the future. Keep an eye on the CPSA website for updates.

Just shot this morning at Long Siberia (Bisley Shooting Ground), so that is still open.  I am not sure if Covid-19 kills Springing Teal, because they seem to be pretty safe from me.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Owls Lodge for STR this morning. Seemed a little quieter than normal, didn't see people using the clubhouse too much but all went ahead OK. The mood was a little different. I cant see why shoots cant continue with a few sensible changes.

I’m hoping that the shoot on Saturday at Cefn Tilla is still on, otherwise it’s a bleak picture in this neck of the woods.

Reckon the garden will be looking good by the time this lot clears up, I might even find time to sort out the junk in the garage and shed. Knowing my luck I’m probably more likely to pick up some disease from the stuff in my shed. Oh well second plan is pour another tot of rum and plan next seasons game shooting. Stay healthy everyone 👍

And I'm hoping my visitors from Scotland change their minds about travelling down and I can get out to Cefn Tilla too. Otherwise it's a "be nice to the wife's relatives day".
Poor sod, I’ve been in that situation and it hurts knowing you’ve got to put on a happy face, when you much rather be shooting.

I understand there will be a CPSA meeting this afternoon to establish what, if any events will take place in the future. Keep an eye on the CPSA website for updates.
All selection shoots in all disciplines cancelled - sorry missed your response 

All selection shoots in all disciplines cancelled - sorry missed your response 
Yet some of the grounds are still going to run the registered shoot anyway, just not as a selection shoot.  At the moment....carry on as you were.🙂

WCTSA

4 hrshttps://www.facebook.com/permalink...._EVysD_sBIPzhKDr_ilYemo1jOgRJrc&__tn__=-R · 

Corona virus, CORVID -19 UPDATE!!

SHOOT CANCELLATIONS!!

To All WCTSA Members,

Given the change in advice from the UK government, the board of the WCTSA have taken the sad decision to cancel ALL fixtured WCTSA selection shoots and Competitions, for both Country and County, this is ALL disciplines.
This decision has not been taken lightly as the board recognises the passion of the Welsh shooters, and applauds this, but rarely something comes along which is more important than shooting, and we feel this is such an event.
Rest assured we will be constantly revising the situation, again taking our guidance from the
government, and if we have the opportunity to reinstate some shoots later in the year then we will of course do so.
However, we see no point in rearranging shoots at the moment only to have to cancel them again.
As for selection for Home Internationals, again we will keep the situation under review, as at the moment we cannot say for definite that
Home Internationals will be going ahead, and we will keep you informed as soon as we have any information on this from the ICTSC.
Should a shooting ground wish to put on a registered shoot, then that is their prerogative, but none will be WCTSA sanctioned and none will count towards ANY team selection.
Wishing everyone the very best in these troubled times.

Looking like twelve weeks of quarantine for me  :banghead:  due to suppressed immunity so odd jobs, reading and any other pastimes I can think of  :senile:     :logik:   keep safe everybody  :good:

As a Physio in the NHS, I would be grateful if people listened to the strong advice from the Government and experts and to reduce social contact and not make unnecessary travel...... Shooting can wait for a few months. The pressure on the NHS is going to be extreme (its already pretty bad) if people do not listen to what the advice is!

The gloss has gone off of being at home. Had to have our labrador put to sleep this morning. I was quite enjoying things, but the place already feels little odd without her.
Oh Bebo, I’m so sorry to hear that. As a lab owner myself I feel your pain and sorrow.  As IPS said, remember the good times and know she had a good life in a good home with people who loved her.  Take care 😘💕

Back