Should I ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old gunsmith friend always said, “Beware of gun makers that offer after sales service, they do this because they know that you will have to use it when their guns fall apart” To a degree he’s correct. My two penny worth would be if you think you need a second gun then get a second hand version of your number one gun.

Jonz
CG has been in existence for close to 20 years. If all the "Old gunsmiths" had been anywhere near right about CGs being nothing but blinged up cheapo budget guns, the shooting world would have well and truly  shunned them long before now. As it is they continue to increase in popularity. (Unlike a certain other Italian gun maker!)

I could name 3 gun dealers, experts, gunsmiths etc who used to have CG hate. One's dead now but he changed his mind, another has become one of the biggest CG dealers and the 3rd one now carries CGs in stock after explicitly stating to me some 5 years ago that he never would.

I could name 3 gun dealers, experts, gunsmiths etc who used to have CG hate. One's dead now but he changed his mind, another has become one of the biggest CG dealers and the 3rd one now carries CGs in stock after explicitly stating to me some 5 years ago that he never would.
Maybe that’s all down to how much margin they make on the CG brand 

Much like the motor trade, they make money from selling units they aren’t overly concerned about value for money or reliability 

Jonz

Last edited by a moderator:

Much like the motor trade, they make money from selling units they aren’t overly concerned about value for money or reliability 

Jonz
Well they won't be trading for long in the motor trade with that mindset nowadays

Well they won't be trading for long in the motor trade with that mindset nowadays
Haha Don’t believe that, some round here have had that approach for many many years and still find dumb customers that can’t see past a polished German bonnet badge and some clever marketing. 

Jonz
Not a very realistic analogy. I bought my car from a dealer in Wolverhampton, 100 odd miles away, but it's serviced at the dealer 9 miles away. Chances are that next time I'll do something different again. Car dealers - if they have any nouse - build their businesses around how the market works, hence they take your money and wave goodbye.

When it comes to guns and shooting supplies though, I've used the same 2 dealers for 20 years. I don't believe either would happily see me walk away with a major purchase knowing that it might be troublesome or unsuitable.

It's okay not to like a particular gun or maker, for example it's highly unlikely that I'd buy another Beretta. I have my reasons  but I don't base them on comments from some old school, dyed in the wool Browning gunsmith telling me their barrel regulation can be poor or the ejectors can be troublesome.

Virtually all the traditional gunsmiths and long standing dealers were sniffy about CG for years. I put my hand up to feeling the same up till about 2010. But just look at them all now! Any dealer who doesn't sell CGs is losing customers, possibly for ever because all those registered sporting shooters out there competing week in week out, aren't going to spend significant sums on guns that don't deliver.

Latest posts

Back